OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers need a new ball thrower for the handball game thingy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I can absolutely agree with Minkah on last year. Dude had to make so many tackles it was unreal. He was forced to be another linebacker for much of the year, essentially. The run defense screwed him. He needs to be in a ball hawk role…he’s an all-pro for a reason.

What's weird about that is shouldn't Edwards have been playing the run support to free up Minkah?

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
There are rumors/rumblings that Minkah is unhappy with how he's been used in the defense the past couple of seasons. I sort of doubt he won't re-sign if the money is high enough but it could drag things out. Part of the reason he had such a great first year here is he was playing more of a ballhawk role instead of basically a third level LB similar to how Troy played. That's not really his game, but weakness at ILB may have forced that. We'll see if we see him returned to a ballhawk role with Jack here.
I thought he loved the rover robber position so he can gamble more. I know he hates how the dolphins lined him up like a CB but to pay him Jamal ADams money he needs to be the rover. Kaze will probably play more deep safety

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
So about not having cap issues since we didn't have a $$$ QB ...

They have over 20 million in dead cap coming off the books after this year. So there’s your Minkah money. Their cap won’t be an issue for a while. Even when it is, it won’t be. The Saints went from 80 million over the cap before this offseason to signing a bunch of free agents.

Was Minkah's extension a 4 year or 5 year deal? Everyone else is saying 4 years but the Steelers official tweet had 5 years.

I think it starts this year so technically it’s 5. But it’s four additional years beyond what he was already under contract for.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I think Minkah is realistically about the 4th-7th best safety in the NFL so paying him such that a couple of years into his contract he's top 5 paid is probably about right.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This quote from Minkah after signing his contract had me laughing fo hours….what playoff wins?

“I love the history here. What it stands for. The standard we are held to. The standard coach (Mike) Tomlin holds us to, on the field and off the field. The standard of winning playoff games, division titles and championship games.”

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
This quote from Minkah after signing his contract had me laughing fo hours….what playoff wins?

“I love the history here. What it stands for. The standard we are held to. The standard coach (Mike) Tomlin holds us to, on the field and off the field. The standard of winning playoff games, division titles and championship games.”

Madden tournament in the locker room ...

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

I liked the Steelers offseason, now they have to have major progress. If their D is still in the bottom 3rd at the end of this offseason, this team has huge structural problems that won't get fixed under this ownership.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
D line caused a ton of problems last year. It has to be better. The LBs and DBs are all adequate.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
hehe dooty
1655410898953.jpeg

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
What's weird about that is shouldn't Edwards have been playing the run support to free up Minkah?
Edwards blows in pretty much every facet of the game. Everyone knows that, hence why he had to come crawling back to the Steelers.

Minkah is probably going to be playing that "in the box" role until we can fill in the voids along the defensive line and we either replace Devin Bush or he returns to some semblance of his rookie year. Additionally, Minkah also has the pleasure of playing with weak corners, so it's just another aspect that has the potential of going bad.

I can't really blame him for not producing. A safety should never have 124 tackles, IMO. I do think there is some merit to him being unhappy with having to play in the box so much and the Steelers basically pacified him.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I think the corners should be a bit better this year. Im excited to see what Wallace can bring.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad