OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Looking at our schedule I'm pretty confident this offense can win maybe 1 game.
Browns - toss up
Jets - toss up
Bills - big time L
Bucs - guarantee L
Dolphins - guarantee L
Eagles - guarantee L

We are gonna be in a world of hurt especially the last 4 games before the buy. Big yikes.

Reactions: Pengwins

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Looking at our schedule I'm pretty confident this offense can win maybe 1 game.
Browns - toss up
Jets - toss up
Bills - big time L
Bucs - guarantee L
Dolphins - guarantee L
Eagles - guarantee L

We are gonna be in a world of hurt especially the last 4 games before the buy. Big yikes.
Thank God Cincy's long snapper went down.

Reactions: Flying Dego

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Thank God Cincy's long snapper went down.
Seriously though. The Eagles and Dolphins look really good offensively. Brady won't lose to Tomlin. The Bills are top tier.

The Jets O looks better than us and Tomlin always flubbed games to bad Jets teams.

Someone convince me we win more than 1 in this stretch...

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Seriously though. The Eagles and Dolphins look really good offensively. Brady won't lose to Tomlin. The Bills are top tier.

The Jets O looks better than us and Tomlin always flubbed games to bad Jets teams.

Tomlin always has a horseshoe up his ass (see Cincy game), so he will win more games than we think.

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM didn't win anything with Big Ben the last 10 seasons either
You're right, the one constant is the head coach. What isn't mentioned is that for much of that 10 years, the offense was the bright spot and the defense is what let them down. Over the years, their playmakers have moved on due to internal conflict, money, or poor management and the HOF QB has now retired.

Tomlin and Colbert have built a college-level gimmick offense that doesn't win at the line of scrimmage and can't move the ball vertically- heck, Kenny Pickett ran a more pro-style offense down the hall last year at Pitt. The quarterback's first read is either a dump-off to Najee Harris or a timing route on the boundary for 9 yards. This is the same thing that was happening last year, the only time it looked good was when Ben went no-huddle and called his own plays at the line of scrimmage.

I hear lots of people yelling for Canada to be removed but what about the guy who brought him in and is signing off on everything?

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
Ok I will bite how is this year 1 of the rebuild? Outside of the Qb they rebuilt the offense and the defense is top 5 and they have plenty of cap space to bring everyone they want back.
This season should be finding out if KP is the guy or not
Exactly, they're spinning their tires with Trubisky.

Get Pickett out there right away and see if he has the tools to be the guy.

If not, the Steelers need to tank for whoever the best QB is in the upcoming draft and go heavy OL.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Is there really anyone out there who needs to be convinced the steelers will not be winning much this year?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
No TJ, Bens retired...I think that luck is run its course. Now he needs to coach to win games and I don't see it.

Watt will be back though - remains to be seen how he plays then, but it's a factor.

I still see 8-9/9-8 because even with Duck Man and MR he found a way to win and be mediocre.

Being mediocre is a Tomlin super power.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So you want him to stick with plays that the defense is ready for?

Makes total sense.

How’s that been working out so far?

Again if he’s too stupid to make audibles, then what is this vet QB nonsense we are being told is the reason dude is STARTING?

Once again, Tomlin gonna Tomlin.

This. So much this.

Either they are heavily constraining Trubisky to be safe, which fits Tomlin's comments and the pass catchers' complaints, or Trubisky is being told to look for plays and can't see them so why the hell did they pick and back him?

All roads lead back to Canada, all roads from Canada lead to Tomlin, and the only hope is that seeing Pickett play is a road to Damascus moment that changes their whole philosophy.

Reactions: Andy99

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Watt will be back though - remains to be seen how he plays then, but it's a factor.

I still see 8-9/9-8 because even with Duck Man and MR he found a way to win and be mediocre.

Being mediocre is a Tomlin super power.

On TJ ... haven't heard anything since the news he was getting 2nd/3rd opinions. Is that still the latest?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Tampa it's a little different this year under Bowles, they seem a little more run heavy but the offense is dealing with injuries so they are doing just enough to win.

But its The Defense that is playing lights out right now, like in 2020.

I hear lots of people yelling for Canada to be removed but what about the guy who brought him in and is signing off on everything?

My man. Finally someone new with common sense.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
OMG if you believe this, then you are an idiot

"“We’re evolving to that[audibling], too,” Canada said. “[You have] a guy who played 18 years and a guy who just got here with a bunch of young players. We’re slowly building to that. We’re not where we want to be and we’re building to that.”"

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
OMG if you believe this, then you are an idiot

"“We’re evolving to that[audibling], too,” Canada said. “[You have] a guy who played 18 years and a guy who just got here with a bunch of young players. We’re slowly building to that. We’re not where we want to be and we’re building to that.”"

The sickening thing is Rooney allows this to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad