The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Nhl.com fantasy hockey said we should drop Eller from our pool....... Why???

Lars Eller = Peter Forsberg

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=685955
I've been saying he looks like Peter Forsberg since he first broke in :handclap:
His stance and puck control are great, his only problem was that he was green and had the occasional bout of tunnel vision. Let's hope he breaks out this year and tears the league apart.

Pierre-Gauthier-gros-plan-419x270.jpg

In GOAT we trust.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I doubt Eller will ever be as dominant as Foppa :laugh: but they sure do play a similar game. I'd love to see Eller rush up the puck and hit everyone while keeping the puck.

Legend.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I've been saying he looks like Peter Forsberg since he first broke in :handclap:
His stance and puck control are great, his only problem was that he was green and had the occasional bout of tunnel vision. Let's hope he breaks out this year and tears the league apart.

Pierre-Gauthier-gros-plan-419x270.jpg

In GOAT we trust.
Yup, gotta give props to Gauthier for this.

As I said at the time, I felt like we could've got something more but I was happy that at least we went for a prospect (something we didn't do nearly enough of) that we believed in. That move is definitely paying off now.

At the start of last season with his benching I really thought Eller was going to be dealt but he made the most of his opportunities and he's become a very good player. Solid 2nd line center at the very least and there's upside to suggest he could be better than this.

So if nothing else, at least it looks like Gauthier made a good trade for us here. Just too bad we didn't trade for more prospects over the years.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
So if nothing else, at least it looks like Gauthier made a good trade for us here. Just too bad we didn't trade for more prospects over the years.

There was also the D'agostini for Palushaj deal and the O'byrne for Bournival. Hopefully Bournival could follow suit.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
Overlords finishing that other thread with the "You can't do that" gif was the icing on the cake :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
We might see Kristo in the NHL soon. Nash injury + Kristo 3 points & shootout goal in 2 games in AHL. I hope he does well, another notch on Timmins' gem belt.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
TSN has a story on Hertl "maybe putting too much into it/showboating."

:facepalm:

You want the game to be exciting, you change the rules to make it so... and then you're all up in arms when a 19 year old humiliates a team by scoring four goals... Holy ****.

Price My Man Crush

Aug 27, 2011
Montréal
We might see Kristo in the NHL soon. Nash injury + Kristo 3 points & shootout goal in 2 games in AHL. I hope he does well, another notch on Timmins' gem belt.

Hope it's not the case but in fact, I couldn't careless. I just hope Thomas will be able to meet the expectations we have for him. Otherwise, we got ****ed...

Dec 2, 2010

You want the game to be exciting, you change the rules to make it so... and then you're all up in arms when a 19 year old humiliates a team by scoring four goals... Holy ****.
Who was it? Onrait that said "if you don't wanna be criticized these days the only way to celebrate goals is to look down at your skates in shame" or something like that when Yak did the slide celly. Ridiculous.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL

Makes you wonder... What if Hertl was Canadian? Same ridiculous comments?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

I'm expecting Cherry to give us his rant about it on CC Saturday night too.. :nod:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Makes you wonder... What if Hertl was Canadian? Same ridiculous comments?

P.K. scored a hat trick against Minnesota two years ago, I believe. Might have been three years ago. He celebrated the third goal when they were up by a touchdown or so. He got criticized for it.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
P.K. scored a hat trick against Minnesota two years ago, I believe. Might have been three years ago. He celebrated the third goal when they were up by a touchdown or so. He got criticized for it.

He's Canadian but you know.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Nah I think you're confusing it for one of his OT goals. He visibly hid his joy after his hattrick goal...unlike that Chara fellow.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007

Bob Hartleys take was good. Kid is young and learning, next time he'll have a visitor and he'll learn from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad