The Out of Town Thread part LXIX - All Talk From Around the League Here ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Well everything is all about hindsight here. From the "praise to Gauthier" to we could have gotten more for Price. There was some potential for Eller to be a top 6 but that was not a gimme. I guess same applies to Halak who had the potential to also become a #1. But yet, a little more proven based on his seasons but mostly playoffs.

I don't believe we could have gotten more for Halak....but we could have gotten more for Price. Was then the idea of who to keep and who to ship out. The idea is not who everybody had in mind we shoudl have kept. 'Cause the answer was Price. The idea was more about if somebody in this organization, let say Timmins, woudl have had Halak in such regard that he or somebody else would have make Price expendable. Let's say also that the "feeling" was that Price would not thrive in a market like Montreal...so maybe it becomes another reason why, at the time, you ship out another guy. And if in the end the return for Price would have been insane, well then you might have another reason even if Halak never ends up as good. You have a choice between a possible GREAT goalie with a good return....Or a possible GOOD goalie with a GREAT return...what do you go for?

Anyway, my point for praising Gauthier that much is mostly based on hindsight. Good job for him though 'cause hindsight or not, he did the trade. But we will never know "WHat if...".

I'm not talking about trading Price. The comment was that we could have gotten more for Halak. He got the what the market could pay. In hindsight it was an excellent deal.

He made sure to get a cheap young talent instead of a guy on a fat contract, plus he got a guy NHl ready and at a position where we had a need. Pretty hard to do better. Schultz looked like a decent throw in but he never really fully developped.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Wow... Such a ****ing joke. Big Brother fans know what I'm know talking about.

@FlaPanthers:
Meet @mccraechum & @TheRealAmandaZZ from @CBSBigBrother at the #Cats game Oct. 19, http://t.co/JJuREJ86KS Promo Code: #McCranda

Last edited:

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
Go refs!

8uSDa5W.gif

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
example please ?
(ideally, from the 21ST century)

That's a BS statement. Unless you were an NHL GM at the time, you're talking out your ass.

As much as Halak had a great run that year, I'm sure most hockey people knew he wasn't the next Brodeur or Roy. How many goalies have been traded for more than what we got for Halak the last 20-25 years? I'm sure it's a pretty short list.

I guess every transaction is the best one that could have been made. :laugh::shakehead

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
As much as Halak had a great run that year, I'm sure most hockey people knew he wasn't the next Brodeur or Roy. How many goalies have been traded for more than what we got for Halak the last 20-25 years? I'm sure it's a pretty short list.

People should keep in mind that Eller is a much better return than what we got for a Roy in his prime years...

...or does that say more about Peanut? :cry:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I guess every transaction is the best one that could have been made. :laugh::shakehead

Not necessarily...sometimes the best trade is one not made. However in the case of Halak and Price with both being RFA's there was a need to make a move as one wouldn't have wated to stay knowing they were the #2.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Many have criticized the youngster, and Capitals coach Adam Oates called it disrespectful to the league.

I'm ****ing mad. How was this disrespectful :rant::rant::rant:

I hate you, Oates!

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I'm ****ing mad. How was this disrespectful :rant::rant::rant:

I hate you, Oates!

The NHL wants the game to be more entertaining for the fans and yet when someone does something a little flamboyant and entertaining they get crapped on by a few people still living in the past it seems. The disrespectful crap from the likes of Oates and Cherry is getting old and no one cares about their archaic opinions anymore.

Edit.. And anyway why should Oates even care.. He as probably the biggest showboat in the entire NHL playing for his team in #8.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Think about the NHL's demographic and who the game is marketed to. Hertl is getting the PK treatment. It's a very "old school" league if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad