The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
:hawks :hawks :hawks

With the 62nd overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Chicago Blackhawks are pleased to select Justin Kirkland of the Kelowna Rockets.

APR19_WHLplayerBC.png

Justin is a late bloomer with a big frame. He's shown flashes of good offensive instincts, as well as some tenacity. We hope he can develop more consistency in his game and keep growing. We've liked his upward projection and he did very well considering it was his first CHL season.

Next GM PM'd

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
:hawks :hawks :hawks

With the 62nd overall pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Chicago Blackhawks are pleased to select Justin Kirkland of the Kelowna Rockets.

APR19_WHLplayerBC.png

Justin is a late bloomer with a big frame. He's shown flashes of good offensive instincts, as well as some tenacity. We hope he can develop more consistency in his game and keep growing. We've liked his upward projection and he did very well considering it was his first CHL season.

Next GM PM'd

A favorite of mine. If he blooms he's an intriguing package

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
It's interesting, I used to always say no to participating in this draft, because I felt like I didn't want to tip my hand about players I liked to other GMs in my FHL, but instead it feels more like I don't end up getting exactly the players I thought I wanted anyway, and then I learn more about other players just from reading y'alls' picks and looking into them a bit. Thx!
:yo:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
A favorite of mine. If he blooms he's an intriguing package

He is certainly intriguing. His jump from AAA to WHL without skipping a beat is really eye opening. You'd like to see growth, which he's shown, and you want a strong frame, which he has.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
:cbj:cbj:cbj

With pick 63 the Jackets select from the Tri-City Storm RW Austin Poganski

Poganski.jpg

Jarmo says ``Has a solid 6`2 frame to fill out and he plays an intense, forceful power game. Very coachable and adapts to the play quickly. Led his team in both powerplay and shorthanded goals. Committed to the North Dakota program for next year.``

lead_jarmo_kekalainen.jpg

http://web.ushl.com/news.php?news_id=2376

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
No need to PM, I'm around...except I forgot my list at work. Didn't realize I'd be picking again so soon.

I'll try to make it next intermission or after the game.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
:flames:flames:flames

With the 64th overall pick the Calgary Flames are pleased to select from the Espoo Blues, goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen.

kaapo.jpg

Kaapo is the type of goaltender made for the NHL today - he's big, he's a sensational puck mover and he moves well in the net. He's shown he can be a workhorse with Blues and we think he's ready to take his game to the next level.

Next GM PM'd

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Islanders select.... Francis Perron from the Huskies of the QMJHL.

Now it is whitesnake who frightens me with his judging gaze...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Islanders select.... Francis Perron from the Huskies of the QMJHL.

Now it is whitesnake who frightens me with his judging gaze...

Well....like I said before. Francis Perron is one of the toughest guy to analyse, at least for me. He leaves a lot to be desired, and then you see the smarts he has and looks great.....but then vanish a little. So the consistency isn't there, just like it is for most kids. But I like him. Personnally....I wouldn't have him in the 2nd. 3rd rounder for me. Still do like him though. So he has the tangibles and intangibles...it's a question of adding some strengths and putting it all together. Frankly, it's pretty tough at determining a role for him. You kinda hope and think he could be a great scorer...but doesn,t have the stats to back it up. Though, I will be expecting a MUCH better season next year. But kinda player that if he makes it, won't be surprise. Just like if he doesn't.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
:nucks:nucks:nucks

With the 66th overall selection, the Vancouver Canucks select from Niagara of the Ontario Hockey League...defenseman Blake Siebenaler.

image.jpg

Write-up coming tomorrow.

Next GM PM'd.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes

With the 67th pick, Carolina Hurricanes select, defenceman Ben Thomas, from the Calgary Hitman. GM is too tired to write a long report....but he'll just say that he liked him all year long, loved his progression and feel that he has a lot of untapped potential on both sides of the rink.

Ben_Thomas.png

Next GM was PM'ed.

Dec 2, 2010
:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes

With the 67th pick, Carolina Hurricanes select, defenceman Ben Thomas, from the Calgary Hitman. GM is too tired to write a long report....but he'll just say that he liked him all year long, loved his progression and feel that he has a lot of untapped potential on both sides of the rink.

Ben_Thomas.png

Next GM was PM'ed.
Ugh dammit. He's awesome. Tremendous growth this season.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
With the 68th pick, the Toronto Maple Leafs select Nick Magyar.

next GM will be PM'd

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
With the 68th pick, the Toronto Maple Leafs select Nick Magyar.

next GM will be PM'd

Great pick with Magyar. I had 3 players in mind and it came down to Thomas and Magyar. Can't wait to see both Magyar and Poganski progressions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad