The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
McDonald is definitely the second best goalie in the draft IMO. Demko is unreal but McDonald has solid solid upside.

No offence..but how can you be definite about that? How much did you see Johansson and Kahkonen for instance? Not that I asked every NHL scout, but the ones I've talked to do not rate McDonald as the second best goalie prospect, nor do I.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Not a horrible pick by any means, but I do not expect to see Oskar Lipbalm go that high...his skating is a very large concern. He didn't make my top 100 list based on scouts' recommendations.

There are a couple of Euro goalies that are getting underrated. ;)

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Not a horrible pick by any means, but I do not expect to see Oskar Lipbalm go that high...his skating is a very large concern. He didn't make my top 100 list based on scouts' recommendations.

Autocorrect or subtle bash? :laugh:

Skating concerns are the thing I put the least amount of stock in when doing my little armchair scouting. It can be improved. The number of prospects who fell because of "skating concerns" only to turn into great players is way too high for me to not take a chance on a guy because of it.

Of course, it's not my job on the line if Lipbalm doesn't pan out ;)

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
:ducks :ducks :ducks

With the 59th pick, the Anaheim Mighty Ducks are relieved to select, from the Edmonton Oil Kings of the WHL, defenseman Dysin Mayo.

128986_Winterhawks_170.jpg

We're a bit busy at the moment, so we'll just say, pet peeve, it's not "Dyson", he doesn't suck, but he can put on a clinic.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005

Where did Brycen place in your list?

I had another guy in mind, but defense is weak in this draft so I wanted to grab one in the Top-60.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
No offence..but how can you be definite about that? How much did you see Johansson and Kahkonen for instance? Not that I asked every NHL scout, but the ones I've talked to do not rate McDonald as the second best goalie prospect, nor do I.

Should have specified North American goalies. There's a couple other american goalies I like but McDonald was impressive keeping Charlottetown in games vs Halifax and his game was great at the u-18s

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Autocorrect or subtle bash? :laugh:

Skating concerns are the thing I put the least amount of stock in when doing my little armchair scouting. It can be improved. The number of prospects who fell because of "skating concerns" only to turn into great players is way too high for me to not take a chance on a guy because of it.

Of course, it's not my job on the line if Lipbalm doesn't pan out ;)

No - I didn't make a mistake on Limpblond's name. :)

Skating concerns should be the first thing you look at when it comes to armchair scouting....you can't teach quick twitch muscle. I'll be a little less nice about Oskar..frankly his skating sucks. Not many prospects who have decidedly poor feet make the NHL. The list is not very long. I'm not talking about "O'Rielly type concerns"...Oscar's feet are pedestrian. CS grossly overranked him all season.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
:ducks :ducks :ducks

With the 59th pick, the Anaheim Mighty Ducks are relieved to select, from the Edmonton Oil Kings of the WHL, defenseman Dysin Mayo.

128986_Winterhawks_170.jpg

We're a bit busy at the moment, so we'll just say, pet peeve, it's not "Dyson", he doesn't suck, but he can put on a clinic.

Ha ha..Pass (to) the Mayo. Excellent pick BG....he may end up going top 50...really came on...love his mobility. As one scout said to me..."he may run a power play someday."

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
With grant in here, the mock draft is kinda like minesweeper. I'm afraid any pick I make he might drop in a ' All the scouts know that he just crushed his foot in a freak giant-size Jenga accident. As a result, he's recently expressed interest in fulfilling his childhood dream of becoming a mime'

it's coming. I can feel it.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
With grant in here, the mock draft is kinda like minesweeper. I'm afraid any pick I make he might drop in a ' All the scouts know that he just crushed his foot in a freak giant-size Jenga accident. As a result, he's recently expressed interest in fulfilling his childhood dream of becoming a mime'

Ha ha! The scout's aren't always right..I should qualify every critique with that fact. :)

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
f5t3d.jpg

"Once again the Bruins want to re-iterate how much better they are than all the other teams in the league, and thus see no need to thank HF Habs and especially Habsfan18 for making this all possible.

With the 60th overall selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Boston Bruins are better than you, and excited to select, from the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League, defenseman Alex Peters"

nhl_draft_tracker_alex_peters_plymouth_whalers.jpg

"The smooth skating big man is sure to strike fear in the hearts of all the puny Habs players. We're going to put him on a strict lumber to the groin diet, and hopefully he'll blossom into a true Boston Bruin."

Next GM has been PMed.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

You just need validation on all your picks, like a 14 year old girl posting a selfie on Facebook and tagging it "omg im soo ugly" ;)

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
FJDuFhn.jpg

With the 61st overall pick, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce the selection of Defenseman Gavin Bayreuther from St. Lawrence University of the NCAA.

Kevin Devine said:
We were impressed with the power behind his shot and the ability to get it through traffic. His overall game is climbing but his skating needs improvement but we are confident he will work vert hard on it.

Next GM has been PM'd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad