The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I'm at work and on my cell, so if a mod wants to edit the OP with the latest picks feel free. Just be careful not to delete anything as I haven't made a backup yet. :laugh:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Thanks WTK.....and an excellent pick..he was next on my list. As usual the top picks in general have been spot on.

The Nashville Predators are pleased to select Czech defenceman Dominik Masin with the 46th pick.

Masin improved his skating and all-around game this season - by the U-18's he was one of the best defencemen in the entire tournament. A strong leader with grit and a great work ethic, Masin projects as a solid two-way defenceman.

Attachments

• masin_dominik.jpg
    masin_dominik.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
:cbj:cbj:cbj

At pick #47 the Blue Jackets select from the Portland WinterHawks C Chase De Leo.

images

Jarmo says: "Kid from California who plays with a smile on his face and loves the game. Working hard at getting stronger in the legs and knows what he has to do in order to make the jump to next level. Already has great chemistry with top prospect Ollie Bjorkstrand and was a roomie with top player Ryan Johansen so he will be a welcome addition to our training camp roster.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
Thanks WTK.....and an excellent pick..he was next on my list. As usual the top picks in general have been spot on.

The Nashville Predators are pleased to select Czech defenceman Dominik Masin with the 46th pick.

Masin improved his skating and all-around game this season - by the U-18's he was one of the best defencemen in the entire tournament. A strong leader with grit and a great work ethic, Masin projects as a solid two-way defenceman.

I was debating taking Masin - nice choice Grant (like we have to tell you ) :)

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

He was impressive at the U18, good pick.

Habitants

Oct 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Oilers dont have another pick until like 91...:help:

A little late on my player description but here it is.

:edmonton

Samuel Bennett
Sam is a hard working forward with dynamic offensive skills. He brings a strong physical element with his play and good leadership abilities. He plays a well balanced overall game with impressive on ice awareness and stick skills. We felt his style of play is a great fit for the Oilers as we continue to build our team. We look forward to following his progression over the upcoming season.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
:flyers:flyers:flyers

With our 2nd pick, 48th overall, in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft the Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select from the OHLs Oshawa Generals, forward Hunter Smith.

images

We have watched Hunter closely this season and have seen great progress from him. He needs to work on his agility but has good North-South skating for his size. We love his play in the corners and along the boards. We believe he is a late bloomer and with more work his style of play would transition to a strong possession player that can wear down opposing defence.

Next GM PMed.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
:flyers:flyers:flyers

With our 2nd pick, 48th overall, in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft the Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select from the OHLs Oshawa Generals, forward Hunter Smith.

images

We have watched Hunter closely this season and have seen great progress from him. He needs to work on his agility but has good North-South skating for his size. We love his play in the corners and along the boards. We believe he is a late bloomer and with more work his style of play would transition to a strong possession player that can wear down opposing defence.

Next GM PMed.

solid pick, I could see him making a McCarron-esque rise

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
solid pick, I could see him making a McCarron-esque rise

Smith is a riser..I expect him to go somewhere in the 30-40 range. No doubt the Flyers would look at him at 48...their type of player. I do know at least one of their scouts is still a little leery though..his skating really is a concern.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'll make it nice when I get home.. And can someone pm the next poster? Dallas selects Ryan Donato

:stars :stars :stars

With the 45th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the Dallas Stars selected from Dexter School, Center, Ryan Donato.

donato,_ryan_ep.jpg

"Donato has the bloodlines, while he is not the skater his father is, Ryan displays an excellent set of hands, a great motor and even better hockey sense. Ryan anticipates the play, he's dominated the league he is in and looks to make an impact every time he is on the ice. We expect Ryan will develop into a smart two-way player at the NHL level."

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Smith is a riser..I expect him to go somewhere in the 30-40 range. No doubt the Flyers would look at him at 48...their type of player. I do know at least one of their scouts is still a little leery though..his skating really is a concern.

I agree. Though it seems to be that way for most kids his size. I find he has good speed once he gets going, but needs to improve his first step and lateral movements.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
With the 49th pick the Tampa Bay Lightening select from the USA U-18 6'3 defenceman Jack Glover

Jack Glover, has provided the type of solid, two-way play that has been his stock in trade this season.

In five games for the U.S., Glover has netted one goal and added three assists while posting a +2 rating. His point total has Glover among the top scoring defenseman at this U18 tournament.

Buffalo pm'ed

Dec 2, 2010
Was hoping he'd show his worth in the playoffs. Empty points in the playoffs. No show when it mattered most.

There's absolutely no way Glover slips this much. Would be amazing value.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Was hoping he'd show his worth in the playoffs. Empty points in the playoffs. No show when it mattered most.

There's absolutely no way Glover slips this much. Would be amazing value.

I agree. Big steal at 49 if that happens for real but I also don't believe it.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
FJDuFhn.jpg

With the 50th overall pick, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce the selection of Right Winger Spencer Watson from the Kingston Frontenacs of the OHL.

Eric Weissman said:
Has a goal scorers's instinct for finding open scoring areas on the ice coupled with a deadly accurate shot. He is a swift skater with an elusive element making him a hard player to stop during one-on-one chances.

Next GM has been PM'd

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
:kings

The Los Angeles Kings select, from the Brandon Wheat Kings, forward,

Jayce Hawryluk

16235587.jpg

Future Considerations

Hawryluk is a spunky offensive minded forward who tries to play bigger than his vitals would suggest. He will get involved physically as in fighting his way to greasy areas to make things happen. Has a good shot and some solid offensive instincts. (November 2013)

Was debating over another kid. Thought the other one would be there with my 3rd pick. Shall see. Good value I find at this spot.

Draft recap

#20 David Pastrňák, F, Södertälje Sportklubb
#51 Jayce Hawryluk, F, Brandon Wheat Kings

overlords PM'd

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
FJDuFhn.jpg

With the 50th overall pick, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce the selection of Right Winger Spencer Watson from the Kingston Frontenacs of the OHL.

Next GM has been PM'd

I love Watson....maybe a little too much. Everytime I saw him play, he looked better than most potential draftees.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Afraid I'll show my ignorance of this year's draft with this pick...

From Skelleftea in Sweden, the New York Islanders select Marcus Pettersson!

Big, good skating D who can make a good first pass. Me like.

Tampa Bay has been PM'd.

This is where the rest of you say " nice pick overlords, he was next on my list'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad