The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Afraid I'll show my ignorance of this year's draft with this pick...

From Skelleftea in Sweden, the New York Islanders select Marcus Pettersson!

Big, good skating D who can make a good first pass. Me like.

Tampa Bay has been PM'd.

This is where the rest of you say " nice pick overlords, he was next on my list'

Nice pick. He was third next on my list. ;)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Wow. :amazed:

Maybe I have a future in this field after all :sarcasm:

Thanks for the feedback.

Nice pick. He was NOT on my list. :D

Hey, didn't see him enough.....trying to stick with guys I saw....or if not saw a little with TONS of different reports from different people....so don't take it personnal...;)

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Wow. :amazed:

Maybe I have a future in this field after all :sarcasm:

Thanks for the feedback.

You never know. Lots of good scouting eyes on this board and in this draft particularly. Always a pleasant surprise to see how informed many of the posters are in terms of the draft.

42 of the top 44 in the Hockey News final draft rankings, which I did, were picked in the top 47 of this mock draft. The highest ranked player left on my list is 39th, and we're only at pick 47...that's pretty impressive. Things will start to vary more now of course, but so far the picks have been quite good.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Damn.. I was 100% all-in on Spencer Watson. Was going to draft Matt with a 7th just for the hell of it too. Didn't think he'd get picked before my selection, especially with this forums MOAR SIZE crap.

Good pick man.

Dec 2, 2010
I love Watson....maybe a little too much. Everytime I saw him play, he looked better than most potential draftees.
What? You must've caught the few good games... I can't stand his nonchalant plays and absurdly bad decision making. Not a fan. I'd be glad to see Buffalo take him.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
Afraid I'll show my ignorance of this year's draft with this pick...

From Skelleftea in Sweden, the New York Islanders select Marcus Pettersson!

Big, good skating D who can make a good first pass. Me like.

Tampa Bay has been PM'd.

This is where the rest of you say " nice pick overlords, he was next on my list'

Nice pick overlords lol. I was debating on him at number 48, I like the limited viewings I've seen of him and what I've read about him. Complete dman with a light frame. When he fills out I think that will help him with the more physical NA game.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Watson disappointed scouts this season..very poor away from the puck and inconsistent. Add in the lack of size..some teams aren't interested in picking him. One scout described him well. "I like him with the puck, hate him without it."

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
What? You must've caught the few good games... I can't stand his nonchalant plays and absurdly bad decision making. Not a fan. I'd be glad to see Buffalo take him.

I'm also kinda 'meh' on Watson, and might not have even gone for him if he was still around for my next pick. Some of my defensemen have started to go missing, though...

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Watson has some great upside, but I agree, I had him in line for a 3rd round pick based on some concerned but he does have 2nd rounder potential based on upside. Pettersson was also a guy high on my remaining list of players.

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Tampa selects from Charlottetown of the QMJHL 6'2 Goalie
Mason McDonald
Picks So Far
Connor Bleackly
Jack Glover
Mason McDonald

net gm pm'ed

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Tampa selects from Charlottetown of the QMJHL 6'2 Goalie
Mason McDonald
Picks So Far
Connor Bleackly
Jack Glover
Mason McDonald

net gm pm'ed

Pretty good looking team you've got there....All bases are covered. Good job so far. I'm extremely high on MacDonald while there some things to work on. Potential is REALLY there.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
McDonald is definitely the second best goalie in the draft IMO. Demko is unreal but McDonald has solid solid upside.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
With the 54th pick the Phoenix Coyotes are proud to select, from the Metallurg Magnitogorsk organization, Vladislav Kamenev.

IMG_8810.JPG

Kamenev is your typical Russian winger, he boasts a great offensive arsenal, namely a heavy shot and very good hands. He uses his size to protect the puck and will take the body to retrieve the puck.

IceDaddy has been PM'd

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
:blues :blues :blues

"First of all, the St. Louis Blues would like to thank HF Habs and especially Habsfan18 for making this all possible. We applaud your hard work and dedication.

With the 57th overall selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are very excited to select, from the Swift Current Broncos of the Western Hockey League, defenseman Brycen Martin!"

Martin_Brycen_Top%20Prospects_Graphic1752.jpg

"We feel that Brycen's end of the season wasn't characteristic of his ability. A little bump in the road allowed him to fall to us. Brycen is a smart player with good size and mobility. His hockey sense is off the chart. He prides himself on being error free. This may not be the "sexy" pick, but we feel it's the smart one. We have a strong defense core in St. Louis, so adding Brycen makes us even deeper.

Welcome to St. Louis, Mr. Martin."​

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
With the 54th pick the Phoenix Coyotes are proud to select, from the Metallurg Magnitogorsk organization, Vladislav Kamenev.

IMG_8810.JPG

Kamenev is your typical Russian winger, he boasts a great offensive arsenal, namely a heavy shot and very good hands. He uses his size to protect the puck and will take the body to retrieve the puck.

IceDaddy has been PM'd

Almost took him with my last pick. Obviously, I haven't seen him much, but the package sounded intriguing.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
:flames:flames:flames

With the 58th overall pick the Calgary Flames are pleased to select from Brynas, forward Oskar Lindblom.

oskar_lindblom_brynas.jpg

Oskar is a strong two-way player with a big body who plays a rounded and robust game. He's not the fleetest of foot but once he gets position in the zone he can be handful, especially in front of the net. He has leadership qualities and stepped up his production both in international play and for his club team in the playoffs.

Next GM has been PM'd.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Nice pick overlords lol. I was debating on him at number 48, I like the limited viewings I've seen of him and what I've read about him. Complete dman with a light frame. When he fills out I think that will help him with the more physical NA game.

Thanks. I'm kinda kicking myself for not following more draft stuff this year. I've not had many picks the last 2-3 years I've done this mock. Figures this is the year I get the Islanders :laugh:

****ing habsfan18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad