The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Yeah I wouldn't sweat it too much. The pace in previous years has always been great. A couple of hiccups along the way but that's like in any draft.

Besides, at least this year we still have Habs playoff hockey to discuss in the meantime when we're not talking prospects :D
I agree with point one, but point two is wrong. It was 1-1 and we were like 60-70 picks last year in the playoffs. ;)

Last edited:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Good pick. Some will say too early, I don't believe he is. I know CSS is sleeping on the job. 112th? He did injured himself in March ending his season, so that could affect his rank and he might not go as early...but I believe there's A LOT of potential there.

I've seen him projected all over the place. Definitely a high risk, high reward type of pick, and I went relatively safe in the first round.

Also, I don't know this draft class that well, so I might as well have fun with it. :laugh:

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
This whole thing is for fun. Sometimes, real life gets in the way of fun, and with all due respect, I'm not going to put you ahead of my personal and career issues. Sorry if my mind was elsewhere instead of checking to see when my pick was going to be today.

With all due respect, there's a reason there's an "A" draft and a "B" draft, as well as reasons that posters from other fan bases follow along with ours. Not calling this some kind of egregious error, and I don't mean to sound super antagonistic, but let's not pretend that we don't hold Habsfan18's "A" draft to a higher standard.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
I've seen him projected all over the place. Definitely a high risk, high reward type of pick, and I went relatively safe in the first round.

Also, I don't know this draft class that well, so I might as well have fun with it. :laugh:

I was hoping he'd slip to me in the third lol. I find he's an intriguing prospect. Good size and uses it pretty well. I don't find he goes out of the way to be physical but is pretty smart when it comes to initiate it. He has a good shot but needs to improve his skating. I like him.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Good pick. Some will say too early, I don't believe he is. I know CSS is sleeping on the job. 112th? He did injured himself in March ending his season, so that could affect his rank and he might not go as early...but I believe there's A LOT of potential there.

There's potential there because he's big, but he always strikes me as someone who is successful in junior because of his size advantage. He's not a "loose cannon" with his size, though not really afraid to make use of it either. Not that he wouldn't continue to hold that same advantage over many/most NHLers if he made it that far, it's just that I think he'll have to improve his skills across the board before I put too much trust in the potential that's there. But 2nd or 3rd round... meh, not a huge difference in risk.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
With all due respect, there's a reason there's an "A" draft and a "B" draft, as well as reasons that posters from other fan bases follow along with ours. Not calling this some kind of egregious error, and I don't mean to sound super antagonistic, but let's not pretend that we don't hold Habsfan18's "A" draft to a higher standard.

And I feel bad about it, and wouldn't have been angry is someone ended up picking for me. I made a mistake not checking hfboards when I woke up, and have been running around all day since then. I was wrong not sending a message but I was distracted, and it shouldn't be a surprise that sometimes this forum can't be a priority, even for mods.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
And I feel bad about it, and wouldn't have been angry is someone ended up picking for me. I made a mistake not checking hfboards when I woke up, and have been running around all day since then. I was wrong not sending a message but I was distracted, and it shouldn't be a surprise that sometimes this forum can't be a priority, even for mods.

Oh, no one is ever really surprised. You've been within 3 picks since yesterday evening though, btw. ;)

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
With the 43rd pick the Coyotes are proud to select, from the Val-D'or Foreurs of the Québec Major Junior Hockey League, Nicolas Aubé-Kubel.

aubc3a9-kubel.jpg

Aubé-Kubel is a two-way winger that oozes hockey sense. He's a swift skater that is not afraid to take a hit to make a play. He's definitely more of a passer than a shooter. We feel that he's just scratching the surface of his offensive potential and think he could blossom with us in the desert.

JHabs was PM'd.

Last edited:

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
With the 43rd pick the Coyotes are proud to select, from the Val-D'or Foreurs of the Québec Major Junior Hockey League, Nicolas Aubé-Kubel.

aubc3a9-kubel.jpg

Aubé-Kubel is a two-way winger that oozes hockey sense. He's a swift skater that is not afraid to take a hit to make a play. He's definitely more of a passer than a shooter. We feel that he's just scratching the surface of his offensive potential and think he could blossom with us in the desert.

Next GM will be PM'd.

Good pick, I am a huge fan of his

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
With the 44th pick the Washington Capitals are proud to select...

From the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL.. Ryan MacInnis
Ryan-MacInnis-is-listed-as-a-B-skater-on-Central-Scoutings-November-list-OHL-Images.jpg

With a package like Ryan's mixed with his family bloodlines it's hard to pass on the gargantuan forward. He'll have plenty of time to bulk up and hone his skills but we're confident he'll be a core player for our franchise going forward.

Pierre McGuire: :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:
Darren Dreger: :bow::bow::bow::bow:
Bob MacKenzie:
2144e8m.png

Next GM Pm'd

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Highest guy left on the list had to go sometime, and half way through the 2nd isn't a bad spot at all. He obviously learned how to shoot from his dad, lol, but beyond that MacInnis is pretty raw (especially skating, kind of like his dad, ol' Chopper). I'm not even sure he'll be the first Ranger to get picked, to be honest, but there's lots to like there - including the bloodlines, of course.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
With the 44th pick the Washington Capitals are proud to select...

From the Kitchener Rangers of the OHL.. Ryan MacInnis

With a package like Ryan's mixed with his family bloodlines it's hard to pass on the gargantuan forward. He'll have plenty of time to bulk up and hone his skills but we're confident he'll be a core player for our franchise going forward.

Nice pick. I was wondering if he was going to slip to my pick. I'd be surprised if he actually lasts this long on draft day.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Nice pick. I was wondering if he was going to slip to my pick. I'd be surprised if he actually lasts this long on draft day.

I'd be more surprised if he went much earlier, honestly. I wouldn't peg him as a 1st rounder, for starters, and we're not quite half way through the 2nd.

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
I'd be more surprised if he went much earlier, honestly. I wouldn't peg him as a 1st rounder, for starters, and we're not quite half way through the 2nd.

I figure he'd go late 1st or early 2nd. But really when you get to that point in the draft there's not a lot separating the prospects and it comes down to who the team picking has fell for.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com

I felt I got decent value for him - I like his tool set, his potential, but his bloodlines definitely made me go "well maybe...just maybe..." but by no means am I expecting a stud top liner out of him. I think in 3 years he may see some NHL time though. I expected MacInnis to be early to mid 2nd round.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I felt I got decent value for him - I like his tool set, his potential, but his bloodlines definitely made me go "well maybe...just maybe..." but by no means am I expecting a stud top liner out of him. I think in 3 years he may see some NHL time though. I expected MacInnis to be early to mid 2nd round.

That's what I'd expect, but there are surprises every year that bump "raw" guys like MacInnis down a few pegs, too. As far as "value" goes, I think he was by far the BPA rankings-wise at this point, wasn't he? Great value in that regard, since any team obviously only gets so many cracks at the can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad