The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Islanders pick Brendan Lemieux from Barrie of the OHL. He can play. He's tough as nails. Good bloodlines... what's not to like?

habsfan18 has been pm'd.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Haha, give me 5 minutes.

Oh, and with you picking Lemieux, we are now "facebook friends" in name only. ;)

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Islanders pick Brendan Lemieux from Barrie of the OHL. He can play. He's tough as nails. Good bloodlines... what's not to like?

habsfan18 has been pm'd.

And 1 guy out of my 3 I wanted.....not surprising. Good pick Overlords....you should have had more time....;) I think people underrated his offensive skills.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
And 1 guy out of my 3 I wanted.....not surprising. Good pick Overlords....you should have had more time....;) I think people underrated his offensive skills.

Thanks. Means a lot when you get a compliment from Whitesnake on a draft pick.

I think he does a good job of masking his own talent with how hardnosed he tries to be. In my mind, he's a surefire NHL'er, which is pretty good value for a 2nd rounder in this draft. I wanted to go more high-risk, high reward with the pick, but some of the guys I was hoping would fall, didn't :D

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Thanks. Means a lot when you get a compliment from Whitesnake on a draft pick.

I think he does a good job of masking his own talent with how hardnosed he tries to be. In my mind, he's a surefire NHL'er, which is pretty good value for a 2nd rounder in this draft. I wanted to go more high-risk, high reward with the pick, but some of the guys I was hoping would fall, didn't :D

Well.....is Habsfan18 reading this? Let's hope not. Let just say that I don't lose no matter who he picks. Either going with a natural match.....either going with THE highest risk/highest reward pick of the draft. :D Don't give him hints though....well....I pretty much did I know. As a matter of fact...I pretty much hope he "helps" by picking one of the 2....But Lemieux was right up there too. So thank you for making my job a little easier. Time for Habsfan18 to his part...In the meantime.....I'm spending my evening with Jack Bauer.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
:nucks:nucks:nucks

With the 36th overall selection in the 2014 Habs board mock draft, the Vancouver Canucks select from the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League...winger Eric Cornel!

EricCornel_Peterborough_672.jpg

"A forward who can slot at both center and the wing, Eric plays a power game and likes to show off his bullet of a shot. In our opinion he continued to improve throughout the course of this past season and we liked the vision and drive he possesses in the offensive zone. We also like his mobility for a big kid. Many scouts took notice this year that he seemed to make whoever he played with better."

Next GM PM'd.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
:nucks:nucks:nucks

With the 36th overall selection in the 2014 Habs board mock draft, the Vancouver Canucks select from the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League...winger Eric Cornel!

Well....you know how it pisses me off AND helps me in a big way. Was obviously my NATURAL MATCH....you know that I picked Ritchie in the 1st right? And you know who was his teamate right? And you ALSO know that I LOVE Cornel right? Wow......you guys are so predictable....I hate loving you....or I love hating you...not sure which one....Yet.....it helps me as my top 3 were My guy, Cornel and Lemieux. You guys took care of 2 out of 3.

Again though....great pick Habsfan18. Somehow, Nick Ritchie is indeed sad though....

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Just like overlords said, if a pick gets the WS stamp of approval it definitely makes you feel good about it.

And I THINK I know who he's taking. If it is him, I debated him as well.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes

With the 37th pick, the Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select, from the Sarnia Sting, defenceman PK Subba....euh....Anthony DeAngelo.

We love that he has insane offensive qualities and understand that we will work with him on his defensive game. Not the perfect player but that spot, makes it the right time for a high-risk/high reward type of player. But in the top rounds, I prefer to look at kids with superior qualities even if it means tons of work on other areas....that's exactly what DeAngelo is all about. It's development time now!

images

Next GM was PM'ed.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
The Anaheim Mitey Ducks

:ducks :ducks :ducks

... are just going to have to take, from Moose Jaw of the WHL, Brayden Point.

Point%2BBrayden%2BMJ%2Bmatt%2Bgourlie.jpg

After reaching for Fiala with our first pick, it's not exactly a "draft blueprint" style of pick to take the diminutive point producing Point here in the 2nd, but we just feel like he's got a lot of talent and we can't overlook his potential. He has some feistiness in his game to help compensate for his smaller stature, but the bottom line is that he's just such a smart offensive player, we hope that one day he can put up... Points.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
1l9vSEV.jpg

With the 39th overall pick, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to announce the selection of Goalie Ville Husso from HIFK Helsinki of the Finnish Liiga.

Kevin Prendergast said:
Husso is a big body, with good mobility and strong technical skills, displays good athleticism as well as a sense of calmness. Had pretty good stats for a 18-year-old on an under .500 team in the men's league.

Next GM has been PM'd

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Show me a junior defenseman that doesn't make mistakes.

Subban made umpteen more mistakes and McKeown at the same age.

The issue with McKeown is that he's a two way guy, but not flashy. His offensive game will never cover up for his mistakes like they do for other defenseman in the draft.

Also, the pressure got turned up a lot this year when Kingston began struggling mid-season. He didn't respond well to pressure there or in the World Juniors, which is why I think he'll be a second pairing guy - but one of the best in the league.

He's got a reputation in the scouting world for not having the most hockey sense...it is indeed an issue. Mind you it was an issue with PK as well as you say, but there is no comparison in the skill set of the two. As one scout said to me last month, McKeown is pretty vanilla. Late first round..early second round guy. I like Dougherty more.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
:canes:canes:canes:canes:canes

With the 37th pick, the Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select, from the Sarnia Sting, defenceman PK Subba....euh....Anthony DeAngelo.

We love that he has insane offensive qualities and understand that we will work with him on his defensive game. Not the perfect player but that spot, makes it the right time for a high-risk/high reward type of player. But in the top rounds, I prefer to look at kids with superior qualities even if it means tons of work on other areas....that's exactly what DeAngelo is all about. It's development time now!

Next GM was PM'ed.
It was between him and Pollock for my pick. Went with Pollock because I like the Blues defense already.

He's got a reputation in the scouting world for not having the most hockey sense...it is indeed an issue. Mind you it was an issue with PK as well as you say, but there is no comparison in the skill set of the two. As one scout said to me last month, McKeown is pretty vanilla. Late first round..early second round guy. I like Dougherty more.
I'm not a pro scout, but I've seen McKeown at least 20 times this year. Love the kid. Really excited to see what he does.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
With few draft picks to work with this year, you'd think Ottawa would play it a bit safe (this is where Martin goes to the Sens, amirite?) but...

:sens :sens :sens

With the 40th overall pick, the Ottawa Senators select defenseman Travis Sanheim, of the WHL's Calgary Hitmen.

travis_sanheim_calgary.jpg

"The word "revelation" has been used to describe Travis Sanheim's play, and rise to prominence in the prospect world this year. While obviously a big kid, he started to really grab our eye when his confidence with the puck began to rise, leading to a call to represent Canada at the U18s. As a late-bloomer with a large frame, good mobility, and a sure first pass, Ottawa is excited to see just how much further he can progress."

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Sanheim was the guy I was thinking of along with Point at #38. I don't remember noticing him in the regular season at all, but the U18 made that much of an impression.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
**** - i hate these delays right before I pick. i never understand how people can't be ready for their picks as it gets closer. I like the PM listing..that should expedite things..as well as updating the title...almost wish we had numbers where you could text the person who is up next. I realize that would be getting into privacy issues..but it is frustrating. Sure as **** I'll be nowhere near a computer this aft..and that's when my pick will come up now.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
**** - i hate these delays right before I pick. i never understand how people can't be ready for their picks as it gets closer. I like the PM listing..that should expedite things..as well as updating the title...almost wish we had numbers where you could text the person who is up next. I realize that would be getting into privacy issues..but it is frustrating. Sure as **** I'll be nowhere near a computer this aft..and that's when my pick will come up now.
I'm new so I don't know what has been tried before or how things have gone before... maybe schedule a fixed timeslot like the import draft or something? :dunno:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I believe we had a 12-hour time limit set in the previous years.

Expect a drop-off though. Second round is a bit early but every year that I have participated, the time it takes to finish the fourth round and on is lengthy.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I believe we had a 12-hour time limit set in the previous years.

Expect a drop-off though. Second round is a bit early but every year that I have participated, the time it takes to finish the fourth round and on is lengthy.

I think that with work, if somebody makes his pick at midnight...still impossible for me, for example, to pick during day time....supper....and then it's 8PM. Very easy to NOT pick for 20 hours. Mind you, I'll blame this on being in the playoffs, it has picked up since we were not playing....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad