The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Man, to have multiple picks in this round... Stuck in an awkward situation where it's really close between the pick I would make as a GM, the pick that I think would score the best in this mock on draft day, and the pick that could end up the best of the rest in the long term (the "home run" swing). BRB.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Okay, putting away the scouting hat and owner's jacket, and putting on the GM pants...

:sens :sens :sens

With the 70th overall pick, the Ottawa Senators select goaltender Linus Soderstrom, from the Sweden's Djurgarden developmental system.

S%C3%B6derstr%C3%B6m-DIF.jpg

"While ranked behind a handful of goalies in this year's draft class, we think Linus has shown a developmental curve that suggests he might have even higher potential than most, if not all, of them. Has been tested by lots of rubber this year on a pretty mediocre team, and still proved as proficient as other older, even higher rated, goalie prospects. He shows amazing calm and control in his crease for a goalie as big and quick/athletic. We look forward to seeing the next step of his development in the SEL."

edit: ElB PM'd.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
With the 71st overall pick, the New Jersey :devils select, from the Gatineau Olympiques of the QMJHL, Vaclav Karabacek.

vaclav_karabacek_gatineau_031514.jpg

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
If it makes you feel any better, he's probably going to put up mad points next year. :sarcasm:

But in all seriousness, good (not great) player. Not on my radar quite yet, though.

That's alright. I'm not even aiming for good players anymore, just trying to steal players off your list. :sarcasm:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
;)

Wasn't expecting him to make it this far, considering how Q-savy this board is.

Well.....I had a good look at him all year long....and was hot and cold with him all year long too. Too passive for my liking. Not assertive enough. Succeeded on talent alone, as far as I'm concerned. Having said that....he's surely not going to last that long. You will probably have a great +/- ratio with him. Was surely going to consider with my next picks....but he'd obviously be gone by then unless he was forgotten....I guess he wasn't. One thing, he looked better in the playoffs...which is ALWAYS a great indication. Need to see improvement in prospects....and need to see some shining when it count the most.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
With the 72nd pick, Nashville selects Swedish goalie Jonas Johansson. We would have picked a fourth defenceman as he was next on the list..but that would have been going overboard. ;) Johansson was the second ranked goalie on my list.

sw_35johansson,_jonas_ep.jpg

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
With the 73rd pick the Coyotes are proud to select from the Sherbrooke Phoenix of the QMJHL, Daniel Audette.

20131120K5G98E_460.jpg

Our head scout being located in Sherbrooke, we have seen Daniel play a lot these last couple of years and feel he was just too talented to pass up at this point. We're aware of his weaknesses, namely his puck decisions and his lack of size. We're also excited by his strengths: skating, hands, vision, playmaking ability.

JHabs was PM'd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad