The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
With the 72nd pick, Nashville selects Swedish goalie Jonas Johansson. We would have picked a fourth defenceman as he was next on the list..but that would have been going overboard. ;) Johansson was the second ranked goalie on my list.

sw_35johansson,_jonas_ep.jpg

When you talked about Euro goalies, I just knew you were going for him.....was going to myself...but changed my mind when Thomas was available. Great looking pick.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
With the 73rd pick the Coyotes are proud to select from the Sherbrooke Phoenix of the QMJHL, Daniel Audette.

20131120K5G98E_460.jpg

Our head scout being located in Sherbrooke, we have seen Daniel play a lot these last couple of years and feel he was just too talented to pass up at this point. We're aware of his weaknesses, namely his puck decisions and his lack of size. We're also excited by his strengths: skating, hands, vision, playmaking ability.

JHabs was PM'd

No chance you would have giving me the pleasure with my next picks? Of course not....Q is so weak that he's about one of the few I was interested in.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
:flames:flames:flames

With the 64th overall pick the Calgary Flames are pleased to select from the Espoo Blues, goaltender Kaapo Kahkonen.

kaapo.jpg

Kaapo is the type of goaltender made for the NHL today - he's big, he's a sensational puck mover and he moves well in the net. He's shown he can be a workhorse with Blues and we think he's ready to take his game to the next level.

Next GM PM'd

He'd be a solid third round selection. He'll probably go in the second round at the draft.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
With the 72nd pick, Nashville selects Swedish goalie Jonas Johansson.

Johansson vs Soderstrom was a preliminary decision that I had to make, and I decided to go with MOAR potential instead of MOAR big (Johansson is the biggest goalie in draft, isn't he?). It was really hard to turn down someone so big who is also so athletic.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
I won't have time to do a nice fancy write up this morning - Washington Capitals select Luc Snuggerrud

Luc-Snuggerud-286x300.jpg

I like his skating, character, two-way ability and hockey sense to stay in position.

Can someone PM the next GM for me please

Cheers gents (btw great picks so far)

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
:stars :stars :stars

With the 75th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry draft the Dallas Stars are proud to select from the Toronto Jr. Canadiens of the OJHL, Defenseman, Jake Walman.

Jake-Walman.jpg

"After being transitioned from forward to Defense, Walman has bloomed into a dynamic defenseman. He may be a long term project but his upside is quite high. We are willing to gamble on Walman as he displays incredible skating ability and has shown his natural athleticism at the defense position. He is starting to show his offensive ability from the back-end and while growing into his body he has shown a willingness to get physical in his defensive zone. Above all we like his poise and decision making. Slated to go to Providence College next season we hope to see Walman continue to grow physically and offensively while developing the nuances of the defensive game."

Hard pick for me since one of my favorite forwards is still available but I went forwards 1-2 in the draft.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
No chance you would have giving me the pleasure with my next picks? Of course not....Q is so weak that he's about one of the few I was interested in.

Ofcourse you'd never pass up on Audi! :)

Yeah I couldn't let him go further. I was actually debating between him and Karabacek but Et le But eased it up for me.;)

It was my one chance to grab him, 'cause I'm pretty certain one of you guys would have snagged him soon, and my next pick is only in the 5th :(

Last edited:

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
:wings:wings:wings

With the 76th overall pick in the draft, the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select, from the Plymouth Whalers, winger, Connor Chatham.

PW379803402.jpg

Connor Chatham is a talented powerforward. He thrives down low and around the crease where his lightning quick release and strength are consistently on display. He's a very smart player, who can distribute the puck just as well as he can shoot. He also loves to throw his weight around and has become one of the OHL's best bodycheckers. He plays a pro-style game, rarely making mistakes. He's really just starting to scratch of the surface of his potential, but he will have to continue to improve skating and defensive game as well as his consistency.

I don't think this will be a great value pick on draft day, but in the long run I think he will be a great player. I considered how Detroit drafted last year (taking Nastasiuk and Bertuzzi; two similar players in somewhat similar situations). I really liked how he produced despite often playing on an offensively-inept team in his rookie season where he missed a month due to injury after just two games.

Columbus is on the clock. GM has been PM'd.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Chatham was the one I debated between. He's a great prospect and I'd love it if he was there for the Habs in the 3rd round.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
:cbj:cbj:cbj

At 77th overall the Blue Jackets select from Dubuque of the USHL LW Shane Eiserman

Shane-Eiserman-is-ranked-as-a-B-skater-by-NHL-Central-Scouting-Serena-Dalhamer-Dubuque-Fighting-Saints.jpg

Jarmo says" Big strong New England kid. Has the speed and size to be a force in straight lines and is showing flashes of high level playmaking skills as he learns to control and refine his game. Committed to University of New Hampshire next year because it made his Grandma happy. Such a nice boy."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/b...serman-dubuque-fighting-saints-210700069.html

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003

At 77th overall the Blue Jackets select from Dubuque of the USHL LW Shane Eiserman

I'm picking in 20ish picks so I can,t really say I was expecting him to fall....of course not. Yet, when there's hope....and there's none anymore. Sing with me....I hate you....oh I hate you.....I dislike you so much.....

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Shane-Eiserman-is-ranked-as-a-B-skater-by-NHL-Central-Scouting-Serena-Dalhamer-Dubuque-Fighting-Saints.jpg

Jarmo says" Big strong New England kid. Has the speed and size to be a force in straight lines and is showing flashes of high level playmaking skills as he learns to control and refine his game. Committed to University of New Hampshire next year because it made his Grandma happy. Such a nice boy."

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/b...serman-dubuque-fighting-saints-210700069.html

Article says godmother, which could be his grandmother too though:laugh:;)

Last edited:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Some of you need to learn that visitor messages =/= PM :p

Realized I had quite a few picks coming up, so I'm trying to be a bit more strategic in who I pick first. Seeing as how size and jam are so highly prized, the islanders would like to take a chance on Keegan Iverson, from the Portland winterhawks. Didn't have a very good playoffs, but I'm hoping he'll bounce back next year.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Some of you need to learn that visitor messages =/= PM :p

Realized I had quite a few picks coming up, so I'm trying to be a bit more strategic in who I pick first. Seeing as how size and jam are so highly prized, the islanders would like to take a chance on Keegan Iverson, from the Portland winterhawks. Didn't have a very good playoffs, but I'm hoping he'll bounce back next year.

Interesting player. Solid pick.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
With the 75th pick in the 2014 NHL Entry draft the Dallas Stars are proud to select from the Toronto Jr. Canadiens of the OJHL, Defenseman, Jake Walman.

He was my "home run" pick. Knew he wouldn't be around by 100, but Ottawa just had to have one of the Swedish goalies. If he goes as late as this in real life, it could end up looking like a real steal.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Write-up for pick #69 (sucks that I was taken aback as my turn came up same time as my GF arrived, so I had to rush it. Would have picked Audette I think.

Anyways...

"In line with our first round pick, Tkachev brings us skill on the wing. He's already in NA, bringing down the Russian risk a little bit. Tkachev has good, no, great hands and is a pretty shifty skater. His size will always leave question marks, but smaller players are making their niche in the NHL these days and there will always be room for a guy with his skillset, should he bulk up a little bit."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad