The Official 2014 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft (Done!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Seems no one is interested in my next pick, so I'm pretty pumped that he only has to make it past one more GM... although Grant will probably crucify me for my selection. :laugh:

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
:sharks:sharks:sharks

The San Jose Sharks are pleased to select, from The Swift Current Broncos of The WHL

Brett Lernout

lernout.jpg

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
:blues :blues :blues

"With the 87th overall selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, the St. Louis Blues are very excited to select, from the Saginaw Spirit of the Ontario Hockey League, forward Dylan Sadowy!"

dylan_sadowy_saginaw_spirit.jpg

"Dylan Sadowy is a player who progressed incredibly throughout the year. From a bottom six player to a top six player with results. Sadowy is a player who gives you 200% every single shift. He leaves every last ounce of energy on the ice.

He can play center or wing. He's incredible on the PK. A treat to watch. He gives defenseman a hard time. You don't want to see #10 come out for a PK against you. You just don't. He's always crashing the net and he's always willing to pay the price. He'll drop the gloves if need be, although we want him to be cautious of those times because we feel he can develop into something more. He scored goals during the season, but what we love even more is that he he scored goals during the playoffs too. 4 goals in 5 playoff games is something that we value greatly.

He doesn't come without flaws though. He skates hard, but he needs to work on his balance. He needs to also work on his passing. He needs to add some more muscle to his frame and he needs to use his size more.

We didn't feel Mr. Sadowy would be available by our next selection and he's a player you just can't pass on any longer. He's not the most talented player in the draft, but he's definitely one of the few you can pencil in for a long NHL career without a worry. And for that reason, we welcome him to St. Louis where we feel he will become a fan favourite for years."​

Last edited:

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
I'm going to be at work for at least the next 9 hours. I PMed my list of 3 to Habsfan18 so I don't hold us up. I'll check back after work. Also, I like the Sadowy pick.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
:flames:flames:flames

With the 85th overall pick the Calgary Flames are pleased to select from Djurgarden defenseman Andreas Englund.

andreasenglund_dif.jpg

Andreas is a big, strong blueliner who plays a defensive game while punishing and frustrating opposing players with his physicality and his stickwork. We think he plays a game suited for North American ice and would like to see him develop a bigger mean streak on this side of the pond.

Next GM has been PM'd.

May end up being the best pick of the third round. He was the defenceman I was thinking about drafting at 72....being told he's a "solid second round pick" for the draft. I like the Foegele pick as well.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
What's your thoughts or scout thoughts on Sadowy, Grant? Do you think this was too high?

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Wasn't it a little low for Sadowy? :dunno: I was looking at him as a potential lucky drop for my pick. Englund and Sadowy in the last 2 were pretty nasty picks, from the perspective of those of us waiting in the on-deck circle. :cry:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Let's just enjoy this fine draft, gentlemen. It's just a fantasy scenario on a message board.

Habsfan18 always does a wonderful job at this and the Habs board is an excellent and knowledgeable community. The squabbling should just be set aside in respect to him.

Let's just move on and enjoy ourselves. Debate is fine, but arguing is not.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Wasn't it a little low for Sadowy? :dunno: I was looking at him as a potential lucky drop for my pick. Englund and Sadowy in the last 2 were pretty nasty picks, from the perspective of those of us waiting in the on-deck circle. :cry:
From what I've seen... yes, low. I was going to take him at 57, but wanted a defenseman because I felt the draft was weak there. Couldn't believe he was there at 87.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The mock draft is a happy place, folks. Share your opinions on players as much as you like, but this is the last place on HF where personal attacks or arguments will be tolerated.

Chill out, save the hate for the bruins.

Dec 2, 2010
Yes it is a nice day! Sorry for the wait guys and politely: screw you, One Man for the Sadowy pick! :P

With the 88th pick, Colorado is proud to select from the Edmonton Oil Kings forward Edgars Kulda.

1297399901437_ORIGINAL.jpg

Edgars was ignored in the last draft as he struggled in his jump to North America, but later last season, the transition became easier. He showed feist, drove to the net constantly and he was rewarded. At first, he would be challenged to fight for his play style and had his bell rung but he clearly took lessons and returned the favour. Overall we believe he'll continue to fine tune his skills to be a solid energy player.

GM PMed.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yes it is a nice day! Sorry for the wait guys and politely: screw you, One Man for the Sadowy pick! :P

With the 88th pick, Colorado is proud to select from the Edmonton Oil Kings forward Edgars Kulda.

1297399901437_ORIGINAL.jpg

Edgars was ignored in the last draft as he struggled in his jump to North America, but later last season, the transition became easier. He showed feist, drove to the net constantly and he was rewarded. At first, he would be challenged to fight for his play style and had his bell rung but he clearly took lessons and returned the favour. Overall we believe he'll continue to fine tune his skills to be a solid energy player.

GM PMed.

I took this guy in the 7th round last year! :yo:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
:ducks :ducks :ducks

With Pick #89, the Anaheim Ducks are pleased to continue bolstering their blueline IQ by selecting, from the Saskatoon Blades of the WHL, Nelson Nogier...

Nelson-Nogier-266x300.jpg

"Although his stats may not seem impressive, we feel like Nelson is a player with significant untapped potential. He's a great skater, and a great thinker, and we feel that those two elements can combine to make him a very effective defender. He knows where to go, and he has the skating to get there efficiently and effectively, and once he fully harnesses those skills together, the sky's the limit for this young man."

NLHabsFan

Nov 18, 2008
Alberta
:flyers:flyers:flyers

With our 3rd pick (90th overall) in the 2014 Draft, we are pleased to pick from Niagara of the OHL, defenseman Aaron Haydon.

aaronhaydon_2437-218x150.jpg

Aaron has good size and is physical in his own end. He is still developing his offensive game but we like his movement out of his own zone. We also like his skating ability for a bigger dman. We believe with a couple more years of development he will have the potential to fight for a 3rd pairing role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad