Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall Acquired for Adam Larsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Everything is riding on Severson's shoulders now. We need him to take two steps forward.

Damn, I thought for sure I'd some day be adding Larsson's #5 to my all-time team.

Hope we add a body then. I love Severson and have been pumping him up for years but I don't know if he can play top pairing minutes. If we want to do the defense by top 4 committee then we need more bodies besides Severson and Greene. Santini should be good but he's a rookie and that's about all we got.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Everything is riding on Severson's shoulders now. We need him to take two steps forward.

Damn, I thought for sure I'd some day be adding Larsson's #5 to my all-time team.

I feel this opens up time for Santini more then it putting pressure on Sev's.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey

I think Santini is more the guy we need to "replace" Larsson than Severson. He just fits the Larsson mold better than Severson in terms of style.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

with all the talk about sevo being on the move, i was so sure he was gonna go

but with all that preseason stuff about how hynes/shero wanted to make him a leader, it did seem off. now their comments about their confidence in him (sevo) are solidified

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
I lost all faith in Shero

Bring on the overpayment of Demers to replace a 22yr old top pairing dman, or the overpayment in both assets and money for a 27yr old Shattenkirk who is overrated from being sheltered behind Pietrangelo.

Im done. we now have the league worst defense.

So you'd rather have the league worst offense? You have to give to get.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
this is pretty crazy. I love this in a vacuum but our defense is giving me nightmares right now.

Have to find a way to upgrade it if we want to compete, whether it be through a trade or a UFA signing. Or both honestly.

Exactly. Last year our offense kept us out of the playoffs. This year, unless we make a significant acquisition (like Demers) it'll be our defense keeping us out. Seriously hope we can do something on the back end - Larsson leaves a massive hole back there.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Not sure I've been this emotionally mixed on a trade since Arnott in 2002. And even with that one, I was upset that we moved Arnott. Right now I don't know how to feel.
It's a huge gamble. Our team strength was our growing young defense, and now we've just gutted the biggest part of that defense. Granted, Hall is huge, he's a terrific addition, but Larsson is a top-pairing defenseman with tons of room to grow.

I don't know how I feel. I should be happy, according to the whole rest of the hockey world, but I'm not convinced yet. Really, I won't know how to feel until I see if we add anyone else on defense through trade or free agency to help fill Larsson's vacancy, we see how Severson develops, and we see how our other defense prospects - namely Santini, who I imagine is the reason that Shero felt he could trade Larsson - develop this year.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Hope we add a body then. I love Severson and have been pumping him up for years but I don't know if he can play top pairing minutes. If we want to do the defense by top 4 committee then we need more bodies besides Severson and Greene. Santini should be good but he's a rookie and that's about all we got.

i have no doubts shero will make a(nother) move of some sort

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
Congrats New Jersey you guys won this trade and you'll be getting a franchise player, plus he always has Lundqvist's Number so your going to have a good time. Fans in the Edmonton boards are getting ready to kill themselves en mass.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Nah. Santini will take that shutdown role quite easily

Santini will easily step in without a hiccup and anchor the first pairing with Greene? I'm not sold. We must add a defenseman this offseason. That said....

Taylor fu&$#g Hall is on the New Jersey Devils. Wow...This is like a video game move.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I think Santini is more the guy we need to "replace" Larsson than Severson. He just fits the Larsson mold better than Severson in terms of style.

If we want a rookie to just hop in and play 22 minutes then we are ****ed

I'm thinking Shero isn't done and will add another Dman or two, but I'm talking as is.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I LOVE Lars, but this is a trade we had to make. You can't pass on Lars when we didn't have to add anything else.

Hall scored 65 points this past season and he is only 24. He has a 80 point season under his belt.

This is game breaking talent that we need

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Devils absolutely must get another Dman now

Lets get Fowler while we are at it. Spitfires for days

Fowler is quite likely. Also from NJ. Likely cost would include some other good players we like on this thread. I would have to wonder if Anaheim would deal him for Cammalleri, who would be a devastating addition to a Getzlaf/Perry top line.

Devils certainly have LW depth to deal from now. Boucher needs to be in a top-6 role, and cannot crack Hall/Cammalleri. Blandisi is an excellent option for the third line. Minnesota shopping Dumba, maybe a deal can be structured around Boucher and prospects to get that done.

I also would not rule out Okposo. He resides in NJ, and the idea of playing on a line with Hall and Henrique would have to be more tantalizing.

It's going to be interesting...

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
It's a huge gamble. Our team strength was our growing young defense, and now we've just gutted the biggest part of that defense. Granted, Hall is huge, he's a terrific addition, but Larsson is a top-pairing defenseman with tons of room to grow.

I don't know how I feel. I should be happy, according to the whole rest of the hockey world, but I'm not convinced yet. Really, I won't know how to feel until I see if we add anyone else on defense through trade or free agency to help fill Larsson's vacancy, we see how Severson develops, and we see how our other defense prospects - namely Santini, who I imagine is the reason that Shero felt he could trade Larsson - develop this year.

This is spot on from my perspective.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Fowler is quite likely. Also from NJ. Likely cost would include some other good players we like on this thread. I would have to wonder if Anaheim would deal him for Cammalleri, who would be a devastating addition to a Getzlaf/Perry top line.

Devils certainly have LW depth to deal from now. Boucher needs to be in a top-6 role, and cannot crack Hall/Cammalleri. Blandisi is an excellent option for the third line. Minnesota shopping Dumba, maybe a deal can be structured around Boucher and prospects to get that done.

I also would not rule out Okposo. He resides in NJ, and the idea of playing on a line with Hall and Henrique would have to be more tantalizing.

It's going to be interesting...

Wasnt the asking price for Fowler a 1st round pick ?? Maybe do a 2nd + Prospects and see what we can get done

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If we want a rookie to just hop in and play 22 minutes then we are ****ed

I'm thinking Shero isn't done and will add another Dman or two, but I'm talking as is.

We have to sign someone, even if it is a stop gap until Santini is ready.

I'm not that worried though because you make this sacrifice every time. It is not often you get a chance to add a winger like Hall.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I have no doubt in my mind that the top pairing (at the current moment) will be Greene-Severson

after that, who the **** knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad