Buffalo Bills Week 4 -- Buffalo (3-0) vs Baltimore (1-2) Sun 09/29 · 8:20 PM EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Eh last year Bernard was 4th in the league in missed tackles and had a great year. I can't find this year's stats except behind PFF paywall (if anyone can share).

I imagine missed tackle rate and tackle rate correlate tightly. If you have a nose for the ball and play certain positions, you're going to rack up tackles and missed tackles. Sure some are better than others, but it's mostly an opportunity stat.

I'm a Lewis defender. I can't think of many plays he's disappointed on and can think of a bunch where he made a key stop. Reputation-wise, he's still unfairly paying for the Justin Jefferson play.
Implies you are the one to sniff out the play and are the first man trying to tackle. Sometimes these angles aren't going to be perfect, sometimes the tackle is difficult, and you can only wrap them up or slow them down. Lots of players are great at getting by that first man in for the tackle. The missed tackles are partially because he is playing so well. Slowing someone down is a missed tackle but is all you can do in the situation too.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Anyone think Allen's UCL injury may have had a bigger impact than we may have thought? I remember reading during this past offseason that he was happy to be able to do some type of throwing training he wasn't able to do the past two off-seasons due to injuries to his throwing arm. I'm wondering if that's helping at all because his accuracy has been incredible this season.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
The Bills have not played a single down this season with 3 LBs on the field.

It has been 70%+ nickel and the rest of the time it has been the dime package like last year when they took the WLB off the field for a DB.

Cam Lewis leads the Bills D in missed tackles this season. If he doesn't have a strong tackling game, that might lead them to have to replace him with a LB against heavy sets. The challenge becomes who do they trust in that spot with TB & Milano out and their LB depth already being tested.
I haven't been worried about Lewis but if the staff is, they could probably slide Rapp down and Edwards back at safety. Every Rapp tackle is attempted murder

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I haven't been worried about Lewis but if the staff is, they could probably slide Rapp down and Edwards back at safety. Every Rapp tackle is attempted murder
I wonder how many of those missed tackles came in game 1 against the Cards. I remember thinking that we were doing a poor job in the first half (maybe even posted such?). Being a general pillar of McD's defenses, we may be able to chalk it up to lack of preseason conditioning and something they've cleaned up, including Lewis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad