Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall Acquired for Adam Larsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
Hey guys, Oil fan here. Just wondering about Larsson's shot and can he be used on/run a pp. I know he wasn't really used in that capacity for you guys.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Now we have to give up our future pieces for middling defenseman.

BUT HEY WE CAN SCORE NOW

Just sad.

What's sad is your complete disconnect from reality. We won the trade. We got more value than we gave up. I love Larsson, but we had to do this. Larsson was a huge part of the D, but we can find a solid defensive dman. No, they won't be as good or as young, but we'll find someone.

What we were never gonna find was the explosive, fast, top 10 talent in the league that Hall is.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Hall will be the new face of your franchise. You guy got a fantastic player, he is an absolute stud.

Can Larsson play the power play? I know he got 0 power play time in New Jersey. Can his offensive game progress? We need offence from our back end. I know Larsson is elite defensively and from what I have read, he has untapped potential offensively.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Fayne did it with Tallinder. These 3 and 4 year college players that are 22/23 year olds we are talking about...not 20 year old CHL kids.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
As an Oilers fan I have very little knowledge of the player were getting. All I really want to know is can he move the puck effectively? What kind of defense man are we getting?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think your logic is fine, but there are things to consider that should ease you a bit:

- you acquired a top five winger who produces on his own... He is no anomaly, he isn't a question mark, and he comes in at an area of need

- you have the best goalie in the league

- correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Greene slide in ahead of Lars anyway? Then with Severson rising and Santini in the pipe, you managed to acquire a sure fire top echelon elite winger without giving up your top prospect or top player at a position on your NHL team...

I'm in NJ territory, and have been my whole life. This beats any acquisition I can remember up front, including Kovy

Solid points. Losing Lars does hurt, but it isn't every day you get a player of Hall's talent coming back. There is no gamble with this kid.

He is going to break single season franchise scoring records.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
As an Oilers fan I have very little knowledge of the player were getting. All I really want to know is can he move the puck effectively? What kind of defense man are we getting?

He can move the puck fine though offensively that's all he does, you need a sundial to time his shot and he doesn't have much of one anyway. Defensively he's really solid, his only real weakness is still being beaten by the faster skaters in the league at times (though he's worked hard to improve his skating) but he's a PK beast and should be a rock for you back there.

Mustangs

Jan 13, 2008
Barrie
I don't know what to think. Adam is such a good defenceman and I believe that he was going to take the next step, at least offensively, this up coming season. He improved so much the last couple of season. I like the offensive dimension that Taylor brings before last season he was injury prone. Guy just gets smashed with massive body checks something.

if this was the only option then so be it.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
We don't make this trade unless Hynes/Shero are confident in Severson and/or Santini long-term.

This hurts a ton but I think we're a better team today.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If you're upset just imagine "Hall over Zacha, shoots scores!!!" or "Henrique to Hall, he dekes around the goalie and scores!!"

That made me happy at least

Just think a couple years down the road when we've got Hall, Zacha, and McLeod flying up and down the ice.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Solid points. Losing Lars does hurt, but it isn't every day you get a player of Hall's talent coming back. There is no gamble with this kid.

He is going to break single season franchise scoring records.

That'd be freaking fantastic considering our goals record is Gio with 48 and points record is Elias with 96...I think.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Got to wonder how this helps the attractiveness for FAs this summer and in the future. Good step by Shero. This is a hard deal albeit the right deal to make. You need to pay to get.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im confident Shero will look for another D. doubt he places it all on Severson given his troubles. Fowler is a LD, so more likely we might target Shattenkirk

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
He can move the puck fine though offensively that's all he does, you need a sundial to time his shot and he doesn't have much of one anyway. Defensively he's really solid, his only real weakness is still being beaten by the faster skaters in the league at times (though he's worked hard to improve his skating) but he's a PK beast and should be a rock for you back there.

Great, thanks for that info. We really needed a right shot D so bad, and this was the price we had to pay.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

He has a great first pass. Not a great shot, and still not a great skater. But he's fantastic positionally and very very good on the PK. He'll likely never be a great offensive guy, but he's one of the better defensive dmen in the game and can play tough minutes. He's what you needed, but you likely overpaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad