Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall Acquired for Adam Larsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Draw Me a McElephant

Mar 9, 2011
You guys got one of the best wingers in the game. Hall is so underrated because he has been stuck on the Oilers for years. As an Oiler fan I'm not even excited about acquiring Larsson even as desperately as the team needed D just because I already miss Hall that much. I'll be cheering for Hall to do great for you guys.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
If we can nab Fowler, this might be the best offseason in a long time.

Greene-Severson
Fowler-Santini
Schlemko-Poop

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Reminder, Hall and Henrique played together in Windsor and won the Memorial Cup two times together. Could be some great chemistry with those two.

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013
He has a great first pass. Not a great shot, and still not a great skater. But he's fantastic positionally and very very good on the PK. He'll likely never be a great offensive guy, but he's one of the better defensive dmen in the game and can play tough minutes. He's what you needed, but you likely overpaid.

We over paid for sure, but slowly I'm becoming calm about the deal. Hall is a point per game player and we'll will miss that offense for sure, 5v5 offense if top 5 in the league.
We needed D and were stacked with forwards, something had to give.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
we need a defensemen who can also take the body. lars was one of our more prolific hitters. can't find proof on any stats site that deny or support that, but i feel its true

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Solid points. Losing Lars does hurt, but it isn't every day you get a player of Hall's talent coming back. There is no gamble with this kid.

He is going to break single season franchise scoring records.
I agree wholeheartedly.

I know it doesn't matter much, but I am about as big of a "defenseman fanboy" as any one person could be on the boards :D It's my main focus when I watch games, it's the one position I played, it's the area most in my bailiwick as a head coach, and I fly in to defend blueliners who don't get their fair due.

So when I say that I love the trade from the NJ perspective, yet a blossoming youthful dman is leaving to go the other way, I really am emphatic about how well NJ did in this.

BOTH sides had the insulation to make this kind of deal. You have others in the pipeline and Greene already stepping up, as well as a team who commits to that side of the puck as a 5-man unit and one who has the league's most talented goalie.

Edmonton has been rumored to already have Lucic in the fold, they get Pulju coming in on RW, they get a full year of McDavid, etc. etc...

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Scott Wheeler ‏@scottcwheeler 55m55 minutes ago
Imagine trading Jonathan Toews for Adam Larsson? Or Vladimir Tarasenko? Or Anze Kopitar? The Oilers just traded someone who scores MORE.

Devilswede

Dec 10, 2006
I love that we got Taylor Hall, but it's starting to piss me off that people seem to think it's a lopsided trade. Do you know how good of a player Adam Larsson is? I don't think so.

He will become scary good in Edmonton.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
It's a huge gamble. Our team strength was our growing young defense, and now we've just gutted the biggest part of that defense. Granted, Hall is huge, he's a terrific addition, but Larsson is a top-pairing defenseman with tons of room to grow.

I don't know how I feel. I should be happy, according to the whole rest of the hockey world, but I'm not convinced yet. Really, I won't know how to feel until I see if we add anyone else on defense through trade or free agency to help fill Larsson's vacancy, we see how Severson develops, and we see how our other defense prospects - namely Santini, who I imagine is the reason that Shero felt he could trade Larsson - develop this year.

I know I'm assuming, you have to believe the Hynes told Shero that Santini is ready. We do need more, much more when it comes to our depth. Will see. What a crazy couple hours for the NHL.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I love that we got Taylor Hall, but it's starting to piss me off that people seem to think it's a lopsided trade. Do you know how good of a player Adam Larsson is? I don't think so.

i can't wait for oiler fans to change their mind come october. they're fine on forwards, but this reaction is making me upset

McDynasty

Nov 11, 2013

I hope your right, Lars is younger and a D man which will take years to find out. Hall will change New Jersey in a big way next year.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio

Agreed. At least Devils fans seem to understand what we gave up. The rest of the league is treating this like we took Chiarelli out behind the woodshed, but it's really not that one-sided at all.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Yup, it's a much more even trade than some are letting on. I still think in terms of value it's tipped a little for us, but Larsson is no slouch and he's only getting better.

I've always said that with his skill-set, having talented forwards ahead of him will help Larsson grow his offensive game a ton. He's going to one of the best forward cores, in terms of elite talent, in the league. He'll put up a ton of points this season and be a rock defensively. Oilers fans that are in here and upset, try not to be. Larsson will be a fantastic addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad