Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall Acquired for Adam Larsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
please tell me theres a chance this guys could be a top 30 dman in the league

I highly doubt that. He is a solid Dman though. I don't think he has the offensive ability to ever be a top 30 Dman.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I've long suspected HF as a whole are fundamentally incapable of assessing Devils players and today is my proof.

The value is off - we won the trade - but Larsson is being vastly underrated.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Super sad to see Larsson go. Really loved him as a guy and player. Hall is Hall though. We won value wise but it still stings.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
In Ray We Trust

Just an unbelievable move by Shero. Not only do the Devils get a top-5 winger on the planet, he is signed reasonably through 2020-21.

Hall and Henrique had great chemistry together in juniors, and the Devils now have a formidable first line in Henrique centering Hall and Palmieri.

Dropping Cammalleri to the second line with Zajac and possibly Stempniak (or Beau Bennett) gives the Devils balanced scoring they have lacked for some time.

The deal admittedly leaves the Devils a bit thin on the blue line, but Santini is NHL ready and has great upside as a mobile, shut-down defenseman (like Larsson), but also one who offers more physicality on the back end.

This deal marks the Devils as a player in the market to become a playoff team as early as this season. It is very conceivable that they chase a free agent D like Demers, and quite possibly even go after a guy like Kyle Okposo. The Devils have more cap room than any team in the NHL.

I would also be on the lookout for the Devils to look at a trade for another young defenseman. The top suspect in this would be rumored trade chip Cam Fowler, a NJ-native who is an outstanding skater and puck-mover. I would also keep an eye on Matt Dumba in Minnesota.

Again, Ray Shero deserves a ton of credit. He is building a very fast, young team with greater size and not losing the organizational tradition of 2-way play. It is an exciting and historic day to be a New Jersey Devils fan.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The fact that this past season was the first one our players were really allowed to let loose with the media, showing their personalities, only makes deal feel worse as Larsson was such a lovable figure :(

Taylor Hall though

Just wait till you get a load of the Hall-Henrique bromance lol

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
the hell would they interview a guy like 30 minutes after he is traded like that?

at least give him some time to get acclimated lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He was on Oiler Radio about 5 minutes ago. Was one of the most depressing post trade interviews I have ever heard regardless of the sport.

They'll probably archive the broadcast later on.

http://tunein.com/radio/630-CHED-s31157/

I don't want to listen to it. I like Larss and hope he proves the haters wrong in Edmonton. But he's got a whole offseason to get over this deal and he'll have more of an opportunity to be a true two-way franchise d-man there.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
What a robbery.

Congratulations.

Feel sad for Puljujärvi, though. I guess they really wanted defense but seriously, Hall? He's a legitimately good first liner.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
There is apparently a lot of shock around the league and execs are saying they would of put a better package for Hall than what we gave up.

Might again speak to those that don't value Lars as much as NJ fans do.

And perhaps Edm has been scouting Lars for awhiles now and thus they too value what he brings.

In Edm's opinion other teams may not have been able to offer as much.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I love getting Hall, and I love that there won't be any more Devils-Oilers threads. But damn I hate losing Larsson. We traded our best skater for our new best skater.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Is larsson really that good?

He'll play 22 efficient, unsexy minutes. He's got some untapped offensive potential. Larsson makes a great first pass, but we didn't exactly have the best forwards to take advantage of that. I can only imagine him springing McDavid on some sweet passes. We didn't use Larsson much on the PP in recent years, but he certainly has the ability to play there.

Larsson is also a pretty quiet guy. It only seemed like this season where he started to come out of his shell personality wise.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Larson is a top pairing defenseman. Saying he's anything less is the height of idiocy.

Am I the only one that thinks this may not have been such a bright idea?

It's gonna depend on Sevs and how fast Santini's ready and whether they both pan out. If they both pan out this could be a huge win for us down the road, key word being if.

At least we know Hall has insta-chemistry with Henrique.

LuvTheDevs

May 10, 2010
Monmouth County NJ
I'm not saying Hall can't one day be great, but everyone here is acting like he's been giving Ovie and Stamkos a run for there money as best offensive talent in the leauge the past couple of seasons!

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
I've long suspected HF as a whole are fundamentally incapable of assessing Devils players and today is my proof.

The value is off - we won the trade - but Larsson is being vastly underrated.

That's an extremely true statement ... we got Taylor 'friggin' Hall, and people are lamenting the fact that Larsson got dealt. This is a major coup for the Devils folks .. get some perspective.

Group Chat Legend*

I lost all faith in Shero

Bring on the overpayment of Demers to replace a 22yr old top pairing dman, or the overpayment in both assets and money for a 27yr old Shattenkirk who is overrated from being sheltered behind Pietrangelo.

Im done. we now have the league worst defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad