Confirmed with Link: Taylor Hall Acquired for Adam Larsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I say this whenever we kind of feel bad for a pro athlete, but they make millions of $$$ to play hockey, he's going to a good hockey market, with a ton of young talent.

I kind of feel for Lars, but at the same time, he'll be more then OK.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Lars is absoutely getting underrated around the league, but we still did amazing to get Hall without any adds.

Still shaking.

When I was told of the deal by a contact at NHL.com, I immediately texted him back: what else did we give up?

I was thrilled by a Hall acquisition, but I knew there had to be something else -- a first rounder? A first rounder and Quenneville and Jacobs?

When I saw the trade was straight up, I was shocked.

Look, Larsson is a wonderful player. But you just don't get an 80-point power forward signed reasonably through 2021 and just entering his prime straight up for a defensive defenseman, no matter how good that D is. (I guess that's true unless you trade with "bonehead" Chiarelli).

Devils fans, rejoice. It's one of the biggest fleecings in NHL trade history.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I lost all faith in Shero

Bring on the overpayment of Demers to replace a 22yr old top pairing dman, or the overpayment in both assets and money for a 27yr old Shattenkirk who is overrated from being sheltered behind Pietrangelo.

Im done. we now have the league worst defense.

You cant be serious right ??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

Bring on the overpayment of Demers to replace a 22yr old top pairing dman, or the overpayment in both assets and money for a 27yr old Shattenkirk who is overrated from being sheltered behind Pietrangelo.

say that after this next coming season, you're blowing it out of proportion too much. let shero work

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
this is pretty crazy. I love this in a vacuum but our defense is giving me nightmares right now.

Have to find a way to upgrade it if we want to compete, whether it be through a trade or a UFA signing. Or both honestly.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
I loved Larsson but he is set to be a very good top 4 big minute eating defenseman. His skating speed and lack of offensive ability will probably forever limit his game. And to think we just got a 80 point winger locked up long term for him is amazing. This is the type of trade LL would have never committed to. You need to give to get. NJ has gotten that top 3 scorer. Just need to keep building.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Just an unbelievable move by Shero. Not only do the Devils get a top-5 winger on the planet, he is signed reasonably through 2020-21.

Hall and Henrique had great chemistry together in juniors, and the Devils now have a formidable first line in Henrique centering Hall and Palmieri.

Dropping Cammalleri to the second line with Zajac and possibly Stempniak (or Beau Bennett) gives the Devils balanced scoring they have lacked for some time.

The deal admittedly leaves the Devils a bit thin on the blue line, but Santini is NHL ready and has great upside as a mobile, shut-down defenseman (like Larsson), but also one who offers more physicality on the back end.

This deal marks the Devils as a player in the market to become a playoff team as early as this season. It is very conceivable that they chase a free agent D like Demers, and quite possibly even go after a guy like Kyle Okposo. The Devils have more cap room than any team in the NHL.

I would also be on the lookout for the Devils to look at a trade for another young defenseman. The top suspect in this would be rumored trade chip Cam Fowler, a NJ-native who is an outstanding skater and puck-mover. I would also keep an eye on Matt Dumba in Minnesota.

Again, Ray Shero deserves a ton of credit. He is building a very fast, young team with greater size and not losing the organizational tradition of 2-way play. It is an exciting and historic day to be a New Jersey Devils fan.
Nice. And I agree with every word. It certainly feels like a turning point.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Our team-oriented defense is good, I think we have a good system in our own end. Obviously having players like Larsson to execute that plan is what made it effective last year but our defense is not in shambles after this one move. Moving forward there will be a lot, I mean a lot, riding on Severson and Santini (unless Shero has another move in mind) but I think they can handle it. Having said all that our team's ability to create offense was pathetic. Hall helps so so so much. Imagine Hall and Zacha together? Hall and Henrique? Hall and anyone on our roster? He's fantastic.

Emotional part aside, I like this trade.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Everything is riding on Severson's shoulders now. We need him to take two steps forward.

Damn, I thought for sure I'd some day be adding Larsson's #5 to my all-time team.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Shero and Hynes wanted a big, fast team that you have think they go after Okposo.

if we sign Okposo, we suddenly become an offensive force out of nowhere. little weak at C, but some incredible depth on the wings

worried about what happens with our defense core now, but have faith Shero wouldnt have done it without a plan

by the way, the Isles reportedly offered MORE for Hall than we did, but the Oilers preferred Larsson

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not sure I've been this emotionally mixed on a trade since Arnott in 2002. And even with that one, I was upset that we moved Arnott. Right now I don't know how to feel.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Devils fans, rejoice. It's one of the biggest fleecings in NHL trade history.

This is a slight overstatement. A former #1 overall for a former #4 overall. A first-line wing for a first-pair - albeit #2ish - d-man. It was need for need. Is Hall better at what he does than Larsson yes but it's not the star for scrub trade it's being made out to be either.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart

Take a chill pill. You are completely wrong. We just got a top 5 winger for a rock solid #2 with potential to be more.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Everything is riding on Severson's shoulders now. We need him to take two steps forward.

Damn, I thought for sure I'd some day be adding Larsson's #5 to my all-time team.

Nah. Santini will take that shutdown role quite easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad