Proposal: MTL & CGY

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Mailloux Draft +1 and +2 combined:
71 games, 62 points, +22

Brzustewicz Draft +1:
67 games, 92 points, +31

In their pre draft as prospects you may have been right, but Brzustewicz just had a more impressive season than any of Mailloux’s 3 years since his draft, and appears to have built off it with his extremely strong play this pre-season so far.
Not an accurate comparison, Mailloux missed a lot of games due to covid and suspension. His development was stalled. He has caught up and had a great year in AHL...who is Bustewicz? Time will tell.

Ledge And Dairy

Not an accurate comparison, Mailloux missed a lot of games due to covid and suspension. His development was stalled. He has caught up and had a great year in AHL...who is Bustewicz? Time will tell.
The point is OP said Mailloux is better than Brzustewicz, which is pretty baseless. Bruz will be making his AHL debut this season and we will have a much better outlook on how they compare to each other but as it stands right now one is not clearly better than the other. The person you responded to did not say Bruz was better but that numbers in junior definitely favor him.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
The point is OP said Mailloux is better than Brzustewicz, which is pretty baseless. Bruz will be making his AHL debut this season and we will have a much better outlook on how they compare to each other but as it stands right now one is not clearly better than the other. The person you responded to did not say Bruz was better but that numbers in junior definitely favor him.
I completely understood what these posters said and i added some nuance to the straight stat comparison. As i clearly said...time will tell so we are in agreement.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Rebuild is over, let's try to upgrade where we can.

Mailloux is a great player but with Reinbacher, Bodgan, Savard and with Anderson we can spare him.

Then #20 2025 + Mesar are what CGY needs for a rebuild.

I would even try to get Kadri in a bigger deal.

MTL : Mailloux + CGY first + Mesar + Dvorak + Pezz
for
CGY : Anderson + Kadri
A rebuild is over when the team show you the rebuild is over.

Reactions: jfhabs

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
they wouldn't - and this isn't a deal they're making. If anything, they're looking for more firepower up front and probably trying to dump either Evans or Dvorak if Kaponen keeps playing like he did last night
Can Dvorak PK? Any good at it?

What would you say to a swap of Dvorak for Ross Colton? Hockey trade.

We are not going to give this package for Andersons.
LOL. Calgary isn't going to accept that lousy package from the Habs for Rasmus Andersson.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Can Dvorak PK? Any good at it?

What would you say to a swap of Dvorak for Ross Colton? Hockey trade.

LOL. Calgary isn't going to accept that lousy package from the Habs for Rasmus Andersson.
no thx...that contract won't work on the habs with beck and kapanen coming.
We don't need 3 years of Colton.
Can resign Evan's for less.

Yes he can PK.
you can have him for a pick

hockeyguy0022

Feb 20, 2016
Should be a trade for a young centerman

Calgary has more "might be great, might be ahl" wingers then they know what to do with, and defence is also look very good in the prospect poo.

They need 3-4 young promising centerman

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think CGY says no for two reasons:
1. They already have Parekh and Brzustewicz on the right side.
2. They want a blue chip back, not a couple B level prospects.

Mailloux has a lot of potential.

As a Habs fan I lean towards no for this trade. Anderson is great. But the priority should still be the youth. Ideally we move Matheson because he's an LD and then use the assets plus add something to get an RD like Anderson. And in so doing, we don't lose Guhle, Reinbacher, Hutson, Xhekaj, or Mailloux. Better to wait until we can get a deal like that for an RD, or sign one in free agency.

We'll see if Calgary ends up getting a better prospect or pick than Mailloux. Too early to tell the market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad