Tage Thompson is a future star

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Tage is a beast and that contract will be a steal, I said as much when he signed. Don’t know how you could see his work last year and not realize this was a Super Star in the making. And he won’t even break his own neck, so another bonus for Sabres fans.

Anyways, anyone know his locker room nick name? Tags? Tommer?

Reactions: DatDude44

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Tage is a beast and that contract will be a steal, I said as much when he signed. Don’t know how you could see his work last year and not realize this was a Super Star in the making. And he won’t even break his own neck, so another bonus for Sabres fans.

Dunno about locker room but TnT is often a go to nickname.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
His dad is our AHL coach. How could the Isles have passed on him? So frustrating.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
He is the Sabres Josh Allen.. just a creature.
Dahlin is the Sabres Josh Allen, not Tage. Tage is Diggs :)

They call him Tommer

Reactions: Team Cozens

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Buffalo should spend the money and get Thompson an elite winger on his line. He's doing this with Tuch and Skinner. Imagine what Thompson would do with Mitch Marner on his wing.

He's also earned shit loads more than Jack ever did.

4th winger, sent to roch, wife had cancer. Tage has earned the eternal respect of Buffalo fans.

Tuch took care of that last year. He's a memory, and someone else's problem now.

Thompson is the real deal.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA

Yeah - it's Tommer. You know how creative these NHL nicknames are. Linemates are Skinny, Tuchy (Tucky?) and now sometimes Oakie.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Tell me more about Dahlin :sarcasm:
I get that you are excited for the first time in 100 years but calm down. When Dahlin played like trash and didn't play even close to his potential because he was lazy, he got what he deserved. Now he plays well and how he was expected when he got drafted.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Buffalo should spend the money and get Thompson an elite winger on his line. He's doing this with Tuch and Skinner. Imagine what Thompson would do with Mitch Marner on his wing.

Thompson is the real deal.
Hopefully for us, Tyce is half the player of his big bro. He’s a good one.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
He has a lot going for him:

* Huge size
* Exceptional skater
* Unbelieveable hands
* Great shot

He's obviously not Lemieux but there are shades of that kind of package. I had him as an extra on my next U.S. World Cup team but he just may have to get into the main lineup! Pair him with Gaudreau! It will be like John Isner and Diego Schwartzman playing doubles!
Like you said, obviously not Lemieux, but aesthetically he is at times the most Lemieux-like player I've seen, such as on that 3rd goal last night.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I get that you are excited for the first time in 100 years but calm down. When Dahlin played like trash and didn't play even close to his potential because he was lazy, he got what he deserved. Now he plays well and how he was expected when he got drafted.
He was never lazy. His work ethic is untouchable. Take off your Suomi glasses. The coach that shall not be named had him playing a game not suited for his talents and had him afraid of making mistakes. It was two wasted years of his development. But now he's doing Dahlin stuff again.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Lazy? Really? The guy who Granato flat out said is one of the hardest working players on the team. You should probably refrain from commenting on Dahlin, your bias shows every time you do.

Reactions: BardownMagic

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Lazy? Really? The guy who Granato flat out said is one of the hardest working players on the team. You should probably refrain from commenting on Dahlin, your bias shows every time you do.
Jesus christ, you Sabres fans are talking about bias. What's my bias? He's Swedish? He's the only Swedish player i've ever criticized and for a good reason.

Yes, Lazy. My sources are from guy who's son played for Frölunda, it was well known that he's not the hardest working player and he went long time just with his talent. If he was "the hardest working player" he'd have the Norris already with his talent. Every player is "one of the hardest working players" in the team when coach talks in public, take it with a grain of salt.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Jesus christ, you Sabres fans are talking about bias. What's my bias? He's Swedish? He's the only Swedish player i've ever criticized and for a good reason.

Yes, Lazy. My sources are from guy who's son played for Frölunda, it was well known that he's not the hardest working player and he went long time just with his talent. If he was "the hardest working player" he'd have the Norris already with his talent. Every player is "one of the hardest working players" in the team when coach talks in public, take it with a grain of salt.
You have a very long history of bashing Dahlin in just about any thread he's mentioned in. I'll take anything you say in regards to him "with a grain of salt".

BardownMagic

Oct 13, 2022
Rent Free
you get to choose a roster to take right now and build on for the next 5 years: Toronto or buffalo? Lmfao sabres on the up and up and Thompson will take a dump on matthews

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't get it, a couple years ago when he was playing against the Devils he seemed like a 4th line guy that would have a couple years in the nhl before leaving. I even thought the Devils got the better Thompson brother.

Did he do the Space Jam plot and steal other Nhler's talent?
No he was considered behind expectations then. You dont get RO'R without some good young talent prospect going the other way. TT was that good young prospect. Late coming into his own ....maybe. But big freakish tall guys have been known to take awhile at the NHL level.

weird that having more responsibility made him better.:huh:
renminds me of Chara...................nobody saw future Norris trophy legend when he was the young giraffe playing on the Islanders.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You have a very long history of bashing Dahlin in just about any thread he's mentioned in. I'll take anything you say in regards to him "with a grain of salt".
Dahlin is going to be what the Sabres hoped he would when they scouted and drafted him. Maybe more.

Leave Mitch Marner out of this. ( ;

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He's also earned shit loads more than Jack ever did.

4th winger, sent to roch, wife had cancer. Tage has earned the eternal respect of Buffalo fans.

Tuch took care of that last year. He's a memory, and someone else's problem now.
Doesnt look like a problem for Vegas.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

Imagine truly believing a kid could play with men in one of the best leagues in the world by being lazy and coasting by “just by talent”. Yeah he probably didn’t work out like a 30 year old professional fighting for a contract at the age of 16, real breaking news from the insider.

Last edited:
Reactions: BardownMagic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad