Tage Thompson is a future star

Status
Not open for further replies.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
So yeah. Tage Thompson isnt a one year wonder. The contract doesnt look terrible. The O'Reilly trade isn't a total loss anymore.

Unbelievable for Sabres fans. Steal.

The ROR trade looks very very good for the Sabres now. Blues got the initial benefit, Sabres receiving the long term benefit

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
What happened to trigger his astronomical rise last year? I mean his numbers from several NHL seasons prior to that don't even hint at anything close to his offensive explosion that happened last season.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
What happened to trigger his astronomical rise last year? I mean his numbers from several NHL seasons prior to that don't even hint at anything close to his offensive explosion that happened last season.
They fired Ralph Krueger.

seriously though…position change, usage change, minute change.

and he worked. He was sent to the minors after playing a good chunk in the nhl and kept his head up and worked. He suffered a major injury in his first call up from the ahl…and he rehabbed and worked. krueger had him playing limited minutes on a checking line as a winger. Granato has him as the 1C playing top PP. the situations couldn’t be more different but he’s earned the spot After being trusted.

he did all of this while his wife was battling cancer too.

he‘s mentally been through the worst and now he’s becoming a star with a new baby, a new contract and by all accounts is a high quality person.

Last edited:

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
you See pasternak’s amazing caphit atm, as Pasternak graduates to his 3rd contract, tage thompson‘s 7.14 mil AAV takes its place as one of the best caphits. Buffalo could be a POWERhouse very soon…

Reactions: GOALOFSSON

spunk buster

Apr 29, 2022
I wouldn't get ahead of ourselves here, I don't know why but I get serious Cheechoo vibes from this guy. Like the size is the constant, he's got that I just don't see where you're seeing this massive offensive upside? Like game to game he scores much like cheechoo and we've only seen like half a good year. I just don't think we should get ahead of oursleves this kid has alot to learn to make it permanently in the NHL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I dropped him and my opponent this week picked him up
🙃

Oh man. Condolences on your loss.

I wouldn't get ahead of ourselves here, I don't know why but I get serious Cheechoo vibes from this guy. Like the size is the constant, he's got that I just don't see where you're seeing this massive offensive upside? Like game to game he scores much like cheechoo and we've only seen like half a good year. I just don't think we should get ahead of oursleves this kid has alot to learn to make it permanently in the NHL

So you're saying he's going to blow out a knee badly like Cheechoo did, from which he was never really the same player? Cool, cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad