Tage Thompson is a future star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
He's blowing my mind currently, but if I had a minor critique/wish of Tage it'd be that he got a little bit more breadth/width/size to him. He reminds me a lot of Lemieux but Mario had little broader shoulders/width. Obviously his height likely makes him look skinnier. But again I'd like another 10 lbs of beef on his shoulders. Obviously it's been such a short meteoric rise I don't want to see this disappoint at all. I don't know if I expect him to be someone that is a perennial 50 goal guy but heck a handful of 40+ years would be amazing still. He obviously has put a lot on himself to become an all-star, I'm just quietly hoping he doesn't let up. It's been a long time since I've been this excited about a player not on my team.

That's how weird this is right now. Dahlin is looking like that most skilled Swede of all time. And I know that's crazy talk with guys like Lidstrom and Forsberg and many others looking on. But Dahlin's ability is just off the charts.
I'd there is any real critic it's that he's too patient with the puck at times. Like oblivious to someone that can check him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's blowing my mind currently, but if I had a minor critique/wish of Tage it'd be that he got a little bit more breadth/width/size to him. He reminds me a lot of Lemieux but Mario had little broader shoulders/width. Obviously his height likely makes him look skinnier. But again I'd like another 10 lbs of beef on his shoulders. Obviously it's been such a short meteoric rise I don't want to see this disappoint at all. I don't know if I expect him to be someone that is a perennial 50 goal guy but heck a handful of 40+ years would be amazing still. He obviously has put a lot on himself to become an all-star, I'm just quietly hoping he doesn't let up. It's been a long time since I've been this excited about a player not on my team.

That's how weird this is right now. Dahlin is looking like that most skilled Swede of all time. And I know that's crazy talk with guys like Lidstrom and Forsberg and many others looking on. But Dahlin's ability is just off the charts.

I think it was Marek who did an interview with Tage's dad Brent (ex-NHLer and AHL Bridgeport's HC) who said Tage has a plan to add 8 more lbs of muscle specifically for hockey. He's beefed up from when he arrived - the year between him going down to the AHL and his return, even if it was for one game that he hurt a shoulder in saw things like his neck disappear. The guy got substantially thicker. But I am curious what the specific mass is likely to be - he's pretty good right now of maintaining possession in traffic and using his hip and reach to fend off defenders because they have to go through so much human to get to the puck.

Reactions: Tofveve

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This is the best story in sports. Any sporr. Right now.

it makes 0 sense. It not only doesn’t stop it keep increasing…

his personal journey is incredible and the results are impossible to justify,

Hes one of the best players in the world. Consistently. A couple years ago someone said a 5th round pick was too high a price.

this does not happen

Reactions: Leafshater67

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
Quite a drought. I need him to score. My double/double/double/double/double/double bets on him to score are getting a little out of hand

• Love

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Quite a drought. I need him to score. My double/double/double/double/double/double bets on him to score are getting a little out of hand

Yeah for me I just want the story to remain good to great. I mean you all know he can pile in 10 goals in 3 games, but I've felt all along even if he can get to 50 it would be an amazing feat. But he does need to get rolling again. Unfortunately he's facing tighter checking as the word is out on him. All the best went through spells when opponents started checking them to death.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah for me I just want the story to remain good to great. I mean you all know he can pile in 10 goals in 3 games, but I've felt all along even if he can get to 50 it would be an amazing feat. But he does need to get rolling again. Unfortunately he's facing tighter checking as the word is out on him. All the best went through spells when opponents started checking them to death.
He only needs 19 goals in his last 40 games.

He's goalless in his last 5 but still had 16 shots. That's below his average but still pretty solid. A guy with his shot should score at least 1-2 goals on that many shots.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Had to dig deep to find this thread.

Good to see Tage heating up again. 3 goals and 3 assists in last 2 games. It's been a lot tougher for him since teams started checking him a lot more closely after his early season tear. Good for him though, would love to see him hit 50 goals and 100 pts. Still doable.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
He has created false hope for so many GMs and fanbases when it comes to tall players taking time to develop.... Everyone will hold onto hope too long from Tage alone :laugh::laugh::laugh:

What an absolute monster I watch Buffalo the 2nd most after the Ducks he's so fun to watch nightly. Once buffalo gets some more experience and their young players get older they gonna be super fun to watch.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
He has created false hope for so many GMs and fanbases when it comes to tall players taking time to develop.... Everyone will hold onto hope too long from Tage alone :laugh::laugh::laugh:

What an absolute monster I watch Buffalo the 2nd most after the Ducks he's so fun to watch nightly. Once buffalo gets some more experience and their young players get older they gonna be super fun to watch.
No doubt. They are already really fun. The last two games in Florida have been excellent from a spectator stand point. Even if they squeak in this year, I don't expect a sweep. They already beat Boston in Boston this year. Next year they do damage.

Reactions: Kaiden Ghoul

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Looking back, now I wish the Blues had sent Kostin to Buffalo instead of Tage. Huge credit to both scouting for the Blues and Sabres, big-time credit to the Buffalo coaching staffs who brought the most out of Tage, and the biggest credit goes to Tage for moving to center from wing - something you rarely ever see - and dominating - which is something as much a unicorn as Tage is.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Looking back, now I wish the Blues had sent Kostin to Buffalo instead of Tage. Huge credit to both scouting for the Blues and Sabres, big-time credit to the Buffalo coaching staffs who brought the most out of Tage, and the biggest credit goes to Tage for moving to center from wing - something you rarely ever see - and dominating - which is something as much a unicorn as Tage is.
Looking at the Tage Thompson thread on the Sabres board sure is trip reading the first few pages.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
If anyone enjoys watching slick dekes, wicked slap shots, and just pure entertainment on the ice, then checkout Thompson's highlight reel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad