Tage Thompson is a future star

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If Buffalo makes the playoffs safely he’s a near certain MVP winner

YEahhhhhhh, no.

Not with what McDavid is doing. McDavid would need to cool off rather dramatically AND Edmonton would have to slip out of the playoffs in order for anyone not named McDavid to win MVP this season.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
YEahhhhhhh, no.

Not with what McDavid is doing. McDavid would need to cool off rather dramatically AND Edmonton would have to slip out of the playoffs in order for anyone not named McDavid to win MVP this season.
I'd agree that the gap would have to close, but I'm not sure about dramatically. Writers can get enamored with storylines and surprises and all that too. Buffalo needs to make the playoffs for it to be any kind of conversation.

Reactions: couture23

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
YEahhhhhhh, no.

If things made sense in awards, sure.

They often don’t.

Tage having a 60/100+ year and ending the longest playoff drought in the history of the league? He’d get votes.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
You said EK challenges him at certain points which is laughable.
To the people who actually know hockey it’s not laughable. It’s a narrative you, among others, wanna stick to since this resurgence season from Karlsson was so unexpected. I understand you don’t watch many Sharks games so you follow the safe narrative, that’s what you think at least, but that narrative is only valid for people who don’t follow him. And for each dominant game by EK passing by the narrative follows - slowly but steady, so there’s a big risk this post of yours won’t age very well.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
if the Sabres make the playoffs, the Hart goes to Dahlin, not Tage. Dahlin has been more valuable to his team than has Tage. Tage is one the best players in the league. However, Dahlin has been on another level

I’m not so sure anymore. Both are playing like franchise-level players at this point

Reactions: Perry Tegula

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
if the Sabres make the playoffs, the Hart goes to Dahlin, not Tage. Dahlin has been more valuable to his team than has Tage. Tage is one the best players in the league. However, Dahlin has been on another level

Absolutely. Dahlin is playing better than I've ever seen him right now. I think it's a given that he'll get the C next year. The guy is quietly nearing pace for a 100 pt season while playing excellent defense and really letting his nasty streak emerge. I like Tage but the Sabres go as Dahlin goes.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Absolutely. Dahlin is playing better than I've ever seen him right now. I think it's a given that he'll get the C next year. The guy is quietly nearing pace for a 100 pt season while playing excellent defense and really letting his nasty streak emerge. I like Tage but the Sabres go as Dahlin goes.
Hard to pick between the two this season. They are both incredible and the Sabres are leaning hard on both of them. Amazing to watch Dahlin tonight. 2 goals, 5 points, on the ice for all 6 GF and only 2 of the 5 GA, 29:25 TOI, +2, 3 hits. Pretty good line.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Can’t wait for him and his buddy Jack Eichel to be catching up on good times at the All Star game. :cf:

Jack: “They really like you there, huh? Cool you get so much support. Wish I’d gotten that much support. It’s cool, I’m happy now, just not sure why they didn’t like me after I wanted out. Place is electric now, huh? Wish it’d been fun when I was there. I mean, I’m just sayi-“
Tage: “Hey, Eeyore? Shut the f*** up.”

Anywho, I also love how dude has probably single-handedly reset GMs’ love for big dudes. Doesn’t matter how much of an outlier he is, how rare this is, you know for the next decade any 6’4” prospect is gonna get bumped up a few spots because of Tage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad