Tage Thompson is a future star

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
So you're saying he's going to blow out a knee badly like Cheechoo did, from which he was never really the same player? Cool, cool.
Post count. He's a troll. Tage's problem at no point was his skill level, in fact his main issue was that it was that "he had all the tools and no tool box". Literally the opposite of what this guy is suggesting.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I wouldn't get ahead of ourselves here, I don't know why but I get serious Cheechoo vibes from this guy. Like the size is the constant, he's got that I just don't see where you're seeing this massive offensive upside? Like game to game he scores much like cheechoo and we've only seen like half a good year. I just don't think we should get ahead of oursleves this kid has alot to learn to make it permanently in the NHL

Cheechoo was a star player that had an injury shortened career.

Forget his point totals, look at Tage Thompson's skillset. It is incredible. He is a star.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That deal is one where everyone won. I know the Sabres insisted on getting Thompson. Great deal. He and Tuch have really change the dynamic of the Sabres. What a fun team to follow. I know we're division rivals but they're filled with some of my favorite prospects that I've followed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That deal is one where everyone won. I know the Sabres insisted on getting Thompson. Great deal. He and Tuch have really change the dynamic of the Sabres. What a fun team to follow. I know we're division rivals but they're filled with some of my favorite prospects that I've followed.

I'm looking forward to seeing a new group of teams rise in the division, but man... some of the old ones are doing the "you can take this division when you pry it from my cold, dead hand" stuff.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I wouldn't get ahead of ourselves here, I don't know why but I get serious Cheechoo vibes from this guy. Like the size is the constant, he's got that I just don't see where you're seeing this massive offensive upside? Like game to game he scores much like cheechoo and we've only seen like half a good year. I just don't think we should get ahead of oursleves this kid has alot to learn to make it permanently in the NHL

Also you "Big men in the NHL are never known to just completely fall off the earth after signing a big contracts so I think the 8 years is perfect."

Compares a 6'7 power forward/center to a 6' winger who rode shotgun to one of the best setup men of his generation who's career was written off to a knee injury. Great comp.

All this insight only 4 post into your HF career.

Last edited:

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
What do you guys think, could his brother Tyce ever reach anywhere close to his success? Tyce was never the prospect Tage was, taken in the 4th round opposed to 1st with Tage. But they've had similar years after. Both had couple of ppg seasons in the NCAA and then a slow start in terms of NHL success. Tyce has battled some injuries, been a ppg player in the AHL but haven't really gotten a real chance in the NHL.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Highlights of his puck touches from the game. Just positive play after positive play. Someone hit a crossbar flush or he’d have had another assist for seven points. He was also in the crease battling for a puck that could have gone in at one point. Just a dominant personal game from Thompson. Quick decisions, speed, crazy hands in close for a Frankenstein, pucks on nets.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He has a lot going for him:

* Huge size
* Exceptional skater
* Unbelieveable hands
* Great shot

He's obviously not Lemieux but there are shades of that kind of package. I had him as an extra on my next U.S. World Cup team but he just may have to get into the main lineup! Pair him with Gaudreau! It will be like John Isner and Diego Schwartzman playing doubles!

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
He's already better than Eichel.
He's also earned shit loads more than Jack ever did.

4th winger, sent to roch, wife had cancer. Tage has earned the eternal respect of Buffalo fans.

Thompson making fans in Buffalo forget about Eichel.
Tuch took care of that last year. He's a memory, and someone else's problem now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad