Tage Thompson is a future star

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He is not even playing with Tuch now, started to produce when they put Okposo on that line.

Edit: the 3 bad contract guys

The 3 bad Cs line has a certain tongue-in-cheek aspect to it- doubles for Tage at center and Okposo as captain. Like “who thought this’d work?” motley crew vibes.

But anyways, I like how that dude is trying to fix something that isn’t broken, with a player who currently seems broken, in Marner. Like, nah, let it roll as long as it’s working, I’m not messing with the chemistry right now, especially with some 11 million dollar malcontent.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Even when Thompson ages and loses skating ability his shot alone will keep him a 20+ goal scorer well into his 30s. He scores because he has arguably the nicest shot in the game not just his top skating and stick handling ability

Reactions: HockeyWooot

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
I get that you are excited for the first time in 100 years but calm down. When Dahlin played like trash and didn't play even close to his potential because he was lazy, he got what he deserved. Now he plays well and how he was expected when he got drafted.

Your takes on Dahlin we're always bad and now he looks like a 22yo superstar.

I'd expect to get a little heat.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Dahlin is going to be what the Sabres hoped he would when they scouted and drafted him. Maybe more.

Leave Mitch Marner out of this. ( ;
I really don't even get where the lazy narrative came from for Dahlin.....making a mistake every now and then isn't laziness i've seen more laziness out of Mitts in a couple games from slow shift changes than i've seen in Dahlin's entire career. When Eichel was 18 or 19 he was too busy pouting near the net to ever backcheck after something went wrong never saw anything like that from Dahlin ever.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Your takes on Dahlin we're always bad and now he looks like a 22yo superstar.

I'd expect to get a little heat.
Dahlin played bad and was disastrous in the d-zone when i was giving him heat. Now he plays good, and i give him positive feedback. Is it that difficult?

You are just as good as your present day, and he had quite a bad string of games at the time so it wasn't based on just few games. Also pretty much all NHL experts ranked him outside of that "superstar" status.

With your logic, you can't give any negative feedback to any players because he might find his potential in the future.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No he was considered behind expectations then. You dont get RO'R without some good young talent prospect going the other way. TT was that good young prospect. Late coming into his own ....maybe. But big freakish tall guys have been known to take awhile at the NHL level.

renminds me of Chara...................nobody saw future Norris trophy legend when he was the young giraffe playing on the Islanders.
Blues are more than happy with the transaction. ROR is a cup and Conn Smythe winner for the Blues. They got the benefit of the trade up to now.

Now is when the Sabres were expected to benefit from the trade. See if Tage can do what ROR did.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Blues are more than happy with the transaction. ROR is a cup and Conn Smythe winner for the Blues. They got the benefit of the trade up to now.

Now is when the Sabres were expected to benefit from the trade. See if Tage can do what ROR did.
Oh fur sure. Love ROR and that deal for St Louis. . Blues get Cup, Con Smythe , and a great captain.
But we are seeing now the diamond in the rough that was involved in the deal.
But Blues won the deal.. hands down.

I really don't even get where the lazy narrative came from for Dahlin.....making a mistake every now and then isn't laziness i've seen more laziness out of Mitts in a couple games from slow shift changes than i've seen in Dahlin's entire career. When Eichel was 18 or 19 he was too busy pouting near the net to ever backcheck after something went wrong never saw anything like that from Dahlin ever.
Primo Dahlin has arrived. Norris candidate for years to come.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Oh fur sure. Love ROR and that deal for St Louis. . Blues get Cup, Con Smythe , and a great captain.
But we are seeing now the diamond in the rough that was involved in the deal.
But Blues won the deal.. hands down.

Primo Dahlin has arrived. Norris candidate for years to come.
A cup is what it is all about. First step in that process is to make the PO.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
When they beat my Oilers, in our GDT I brought up the idea that maybe the Sabres just aren't bad anymore. They had beaten our team.

A big reason why is because they have these new contributors suddenly spring up, and seemingly at some point last season. People gawked at that Tage extension but in that Oilers game he stood out so much. When you have a power forward who emerges as an offensive threat, they are almost unstoppable.

There's also other players who were just nobodies last season and were just emerging. It's just not the same team. It would have been another thing if it were Jeff Skinner or Okposo that beat us. It wasn't

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Jesus christ, you Sabres fans are talking about bias. What's my bias? He's Swedish? He's the only Swedish player i've ever criticized and for a good reason.

Yes, Lazy. My sources are from guy who's son played for Frölunda, it was well known that he's not the hardest working player and he went long time just with his talent. If he was "the hardest working player" he'd have the Norris already with his talent. Every player is "one of the hardest working players" in the team when coach talks in public, take it with a grain of salt.

No. I think we’ll take what you said with a grain of salt…

Reactions: Dogewow

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Jesus christ, you Sabres fans are talking about bias. What's my bias? He's Swedish? He's the only Swedish player i've ever criticized and for a good reason.

Yes, Lazy. My sources are from guy who's son played for Frölunda, it was well known that he's not the hardest working player and he went long time just with his talent. If he was "the hardest working player" he'd have the Norris already with his talent. Every player is "one of the hardest working players" in the team when coach talks in public, take it with a grain of salt.

The bias is that (if your story is true) the source of this information is possibly coming from a player who may not have been happy with Dahlin's usage over theirs's or perceived preferential treatment as a star player on his team. The same could be said for the parent, who may feel that their son needed more minutes or had star potential but was overlooked over a "lazy" player in Dahlin, etc.

Also, what you said is a hearsay, "I know a guy who knows a guy" statement. You can't make a claim like that without some actual evidence and not expect to catch flak for it (a link to a current/former teammate, analysts stating this has more credence to it). This is especially the case when there's many number of reasons for a player to perform poorly.

Last edited:

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Buffalo should spend the money and get Thompson an elite winger on his line. He's doing this with Tuch and Skinner. Imagine what Thompson would do with Mitch Marner on his wing.

Thompson is the real deal.
Honestly skinner's edges do alot out there

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010

May very well be some bases for this, I don't know, I didn't watch much of his Swedish League tape. He's progressed as most defenseman in the NHL do, turning the corner 3 to 4 years in. He's young still, and appears to have figured it out in any case. Really coming in to his own.
We'll see where it goes, but for now, we Sabres fans are just enjoying competitive hockey from the organization again. So give the fan base some leash, the younger Savres fans have had a much harder dozen years than any other organization, and historically, for us older fans, who remember challenging for playoff runs, it's nice to see these players offer that competitive atmosphere.

spunk buster

Apr 29, 2022
Post count. He's a troll. Tage's problem at no point was his skill level, in fact his main issue was that it was that "he had all the tools and no tool box". Literally the opposite of what this guy is suggesting.
So a new user is automatically a troll? Cheechoo is exactly the same way? He was insanely high octane and fell off a cliff as a big man. I'm just worried, there have been alot of big guys in the league to just decline after their breakout.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
So a new user is automatically a troll? Cheechoo is exactly the same way? He was insanely high octane and fell off a cliff as a big man. I'm just worried, there have been alot of big guys in the league to just decline after their breakout.
I hope those worries don't keep you up at night.

Reactions: PaulD

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
11 pts in his last 3 games and I don't think hes even close to his maximum potential. He really doesn't have a weakness in his game. To do what he does at that size is unheard of. I don't even know his comparable?

Reactions: TheDawnOfANewTage

ijuka

May 14, 2016
11 pts in his last 3 games and I don't think hes even close to his maximum potential. He really doesn't have a weakness in his game. To do what he does at that size is unheard of. I don't even know his comparable?
Mario Lemieux is a pretty good comparable.

Reactions: ottsabrefan

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Honestly, I’m struggling not to get hyperbolic about it- dude scores so many different ways, idk what you do about it. Scored 2 from the Ovi spot the past 2 games, the pens challenged him on the 2-on-1 to negate his speed/shot so he made a beautiful pass. Got some netfront ones 3 games ago I think. His scoring chart is just all over, it’s great

Reactions: EichHart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad