Tage Thompson is a future star

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
He’s certainly blossoming into one. He’s had the raw skills and finally putting it together now.

That hat trick goal the other night, is example of how his physical advantages are being realized. A player of that size that is comfortable now in getting to the hard areas, his deke with that wingspan seems pretty hard to stop.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
To the OP my answer is yes and the future is now.

Reminds me of the summer thread where some where saying that Norris was going to have a better season than Tage......

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Too busy scoring.

I also take the hit totals with a grain of salt as they probably aren't the most accurate stat out there and hits can get over rated as some players pressure the puck carrier without hitting them but are as effective overall.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He is already solid

But if he can increase his Quick twitch/explosiveness... will be next level

Comp: Reminds me of Blake Wheeler

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Reminds me of the summer thread where some where saying that Norris was going to have a better season than Tage......

Definitely not how I remember that thread about 'who would you take moving forward'. The consensus was more so that Thompson had the higher ceiling but Norris was a a safer option. As someone in that poll arguing that Thompson's SH% wouldn't see significant regression, I'm not at all surprised to see him still shooting out the lights.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
You wouldn't know it hearing the takes in the thread about his contract extension.

I'm starting to think we should all stop making quick judgements on any moves made by Kevyn Adams. What once seemed like an internal nepotism hire now seems like a shrewd move. He's earned some rope based on what he's done so far, that's for sure.
I’m all fairness , his contract was a little bit risky at the time . Similar to Jack Hughes deal but the advanced stats were not amazing prior to contract .
Bit that is all in the past as the kid is a star . And will be for years to come

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Definitely not how I remember that thread about 'who would you take moving forward'. The consensus was more so that Thompson had the higher ceiling but Norris was a a safer option. As someone in that poll arguing that Thompson's SH% wouldn't see significant regression, I'm not at all surprised to see him still shooting out the lights.

The thing about that poll is that it was Norris who had the higher shooting % in 21-22 not Thompson it was a mindboggling conclusion some were making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad