Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
If some of the rumored mess from the Sby - Petes - Hamilton deal is true, I could see the Petes and Bulldogs refusing to deal with Papineau, time will tell though.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If some of the rumored mess from the Sby - Petes - Hamilton deal is true, I could see the Petes and Bulldogs refusing to deal with Papineau, time will tell though.
They and Flint and London (would have the biggest beef I think) would deal with the wolves but their asks should be expected to be similarly unreasonable as what Papineau asked for Stillman and Thompson.
A couple of those GMs would probably enjoy keeping Papineau on the hook until the last minute before completing a trade with another team, I’m sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: OMG67

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
well i did hear yesterday that the Petes have been getting frustrated dealing with Papineau during this owen beck stuff… constantly lowballing and flip flopping on available players or the quality of players

Last edited:
Reactions: DeletedAccountt

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
They and Flint and London (would have the biggest beef I think) would deal with the wolves but their asks should be expected to be similarly unreasonable as what Papineau asked for Stillman and Thompson.
A couple of those GMs would probably enjoy keeping Papineau on the hook until the last minute before completing a trade with another team, I’m sure.
Please clarify rumoured mess

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
The big question is which sellers will target an 07 like Taylor? How big of an impact player can a Taylor and pick(s) package return? I would imagine this will be the first trade chip Papineau will want to get sorted out, and who knows he might already have something in place.

Judging by who’s been dressed the past few games I’d say that Taylor is part of a deal

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Musty Dvorsky Goyette
Delic Jelsma G.Hayes
McCallum Villeneuve Konyen
Yearwood Filak Pharand
Coughlan

DeAngelis Anania
Punnett Collins
Cleveland Mania
Protz

Vandenberg
Vondras

Reactions: Section5Petes

cub

Apr 11, 2012
this is my first post :) I had to create another account, I was having technical difficulties I couldn't comment or reply, they couldn't figure it out. Told me to register another account.

Petes seem to have a relationship with Hamilton/Brantford the last few trade lines they were partners, I wonder if this repeats itself again?

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
well i did hear yesterday that the Petes have been getting frustrated dealing with Papineau during this owen beck stuff… constantly lowballing and flip flopping on available players or the quality of players
I would think this week will be very fluid with many discussions with many teams, so things will change rapidly in some cases. End of the day, Wolves are the Big Dogs in the East with a loaded cabinet full of 2nds, 3rds and 4ths. Also, some 07 and 06 players and a goalie to trade. So if you want to rebuild with your team/draft supply we are the team to deal with. Saggy in driver’s seat in West but Wolves should be a major player up to the trade deadline..

Reactions: Section5Petes

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Once it's all said and done, I predict the Wolves will pickup a top 6 forward who can play C or RW, a bottom six forward who can play RW along with a big physical d-man. Regardless of what happens, feels like 8 days of Christmas eve coming up.

Reactions: cub

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Once it's all said and done, I predict the Wolves will pickup a top 6 forward who can play C or RW, a bottom six forward who can play RW along with a big physical d-man. Regardless of what happens, feels like 8 days of Christmas eve coming up.
Do you think it can be done without moving Vili or Walton?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
im not alowed to 'speculate', but lets just say that if i was sudbury id be going hard after one of donovan and buchinger.

i would also be sure to make a resonable and fair offer and not overvalue my own players in said trade action, but again, thats just me posting and not 'speculating'

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
im not alowed to 'speculate', but lets just say that if i was sudbury id be going hard after one of donovan and buchinger.

i would also be sure to make a resonable and fair offer and not overvalue my own players in said trade action, but again, thats just me posting and not 'speculating'

Why would Guelph trade Buchinger?

Reactions: frontsfan67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad