Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
im not alowed to 'speculate', but lets just say that if i was sudbury id be going hard after one of donovan and buchinger.

i would also be sure to make a resonable and fair offer and not overvalue my own players in said trade action, but again, thats just me posting and not 'speculating'
Both teams are in the mix I can’t see them moving these guys.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
im not alowed to 'speculate', but lets just say that if i was sudbury id be going hard after one of donovan and buchinger.

i would also be sure to make a resonable and fair offer and not overvalue my own players in said trade action, but again, thats just me posting and not 'speculating'
Highly doubt Guelph sells. But wouldn’t be surprised if brantford sold Donovan and lardis to some team like Saginaw/Mississauga who has a 2 year window. Nelson is probably on the market for you guys. No way is north bay going for it this year.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I guess will see Dvorsky back soon. Hopefully will back in time for this week.

Reactions: howlman

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Why would Guelph trade Buchinger?
hes one of the names on the trade board. i dont know if they will move him but not to 'speculate' but if im guelph the right offer moves him along.

Both teams are in the mix I can’t see them moving these guys.
lets bookmark this and see what happens in a week. i know for sure one is being moved, i dont know if the other is but my gut says he will be.

Reactions: cub

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Why would Guelph trade Buchinger?
Guelph are 5th in the conference, but their GF/GA is a pretty pedestrian 114/103. On top of that have only managed 5 wins in their last 10 not keeping pace with the teams above them in the standings, who all have players away at World Juniors while Guelph does not. These teams are also all expected to add. If you were a GM in Guelph, what would you do?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Highly doubt Guelph sells. But wouldn’t be surprised if brantford sold Donovan and lardis to some team like Saginaw/Mississauga who has a 2 year window. Nelson is probably on the market for you guys. No way is north bay going for it this year.
to this point, north bay is not selling or buying.

Guelph are 5th in the conference, but their GF/GA is a pretty pedestrian 114/103. On top of that have only managed 5 wins in their last 10 not keeping pace with the teams above them in the standings, who all have players away at World Juniors while Guelph does not. These teams are also all expected to add. If you were a GM in Guelph, what would you do?
and the goalie who they are riding was once close to a .930 and is now down to a .909

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
to this point, north bay is not selling or buying.

and the goalie who they are riding was once close to a .930 and is now down to a .909
North bay needs to sell or buy there’s no in between. If they don’t sell they’re gonna have a hard time putting some pieces together for Romani and wakely next year

If they buy they need to buy lots because if not I see them being a second round upset by kingston/Mississauga/Sudbury/ whoever makes it there

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
North bay needs to sell or buy there’s no in between. If they don’t sell they’re gonna have a hard time putting some pieces together for Romani and wakely next year

If they buy they need to buy lots because if not I see them being a second round upset by kingston/Mississauga/Sudbury/ whoever makes it there
if the owner doesnt want them to sell, what do you want them to do. people forget there is a business side to everything. i have no idea why they are not selling, but to this point thats the word.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004

If Guelph gets Poitras back, and you're GM in Guelph, that could make for some interesting decisions.

Last edited:
Reactions: StormWatcher

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hope for Poitras

Reactions: StormWatcher

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
hes one of the names on the trade board. i dont know if they will move him but not to 'speculate' but if im guelph the right offer moves him along.

If that's the case, Wolves should be ALL IN on Buchinger. Protz and lots of high picks to get it done.

Now just for fun.. If Guelph goes that direction as a "seller", and Poitras gets sent back to the OHL, maybe expand the deal and include either Walton or Taylor with more picks.
Buchinger and Poitras sure would be fun to see in Sudbury :popcorn:

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
If that's the case, Wolves should be ALL IN on Buchinger. Protz and lots of high picks to get it done.

Now just for fun.. If Guelph goes that direction as a "seller", and Poitras gets sent back to the OHL, maybe expand the deal and include either Walton or Taylor with more picks.
Buchinger and Poitras sure would be fun to see in Sudbury :popcorn:
i think you need to include an 07 because other teams will top protz and picks. im sure that sudbury has offered that already.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
After seeing the Petes/Owen Sound deal with 07 Addy, will be very interesting to see what happens with 07 Taylor.. Petes building around those 07's

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
After seeing the Petes/Owen Sound deal with 07 Addy, will be very interesting to see what happens with 07 Taylor.. Petes building around those 07's
Was just thinking the same. Also shows how an 07 performs really does not effect their value.

Reactions: WolvesFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad