Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I’m thinking Oke does not trade with Papineau unless the offer is significantly better than the next best. So, Giroux & Hayes; or, Giroux and Smith or Punnet?

Reactions: Section5Petes

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
I’m thinking Oke does not trade with Papineau unless the offer is significantly better than the next best. So, Giroux & Hayes; or, Giroux and Smith or Punnet?

I'd go Kressler & Hayes

Buchinger/Karabela is an interesting package if Guelph sells

Reactions: dirty12

TheRailBird2

Oct 4, 2023
With Martin out of the equation from the Soo, Taylor may be the only 07 available. However Oke may decide he likes Walton or Villeneuve better than our 07. I think GMs, while all holding certain personal grudges, end up taking the best offer for their team, or at least what they believe to be the best offer.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
No, because Oke will justifiably demand an excessive amount for players Papineau might want similar to what Oke had to pay for Stillman.
Oke can and likely will get better than Taylor
"Our GM got too much for his players in a trade, he should have asked for less" is such a wild criticism. Really can't win with some of you.

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
No, because Oke will justifiably demand an excessive amount for players Papineau might want similar to what Oke had to pay for Stillman.
Oke can and likely will get better than Taylor
Time will tell. Paps has done very well on past trades…

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
With Martin out of the equation from the Soo, Taylor may be the only 07 available. However Oke may decide he likes Walton or Villeneuve better than our 07. I think GMs, while all holding certain personal grudges, end up taking the best offer for their team, or at least what they believe to be the best offer.
the dream isn’t dead yet…:laugh::laugh:
1704380908148.jpeg

Reactions: TheRailBird2

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
"Our GM got too much for his players in a trade, he should have asked for less" is such a wild criticism. Really can't win with some of you.
Papineau successfully made Oke pay.
Oke should attempt to make Papineau pay, or trade his players for equal or greater value elsewhere.
That is not a wild criticism, it is as objective as I can be.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

I don’t think it boils down to something that simple. The Stillman/MacT deal was a two part trade. I think the problem was there was an agreement in place and after part one was completed (MacT) the deal changed and Papineau leveraged the deal in a way where Oke at that point had no choice. It was dirty pool.

If someone has the specifics of what exactly happened, it would provide better context than what I am saying but from my understanding, that is basically what happened. They were down to the wire and time was expiring. Papineau flipped the script.

In that scenario, Papineau comes out looking disingenuous. What that means is when other GM’s are talking to him they don’t know whether to trust he is being straight up and whether he will follow through with what is agreed to.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Looking like Beck is likely off to Saginaw, best case scenario for Sudbury, I don't think he was the best fit for the Wolves and now they only have to worry about him if they get to the finals.

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
Looking like Beck is likely off to Saginaw, best case scenario for Sudbury, I don't think he was the best fit for the Wolves and now they only have to worry about him if they get to the finals.

Time to pivot

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Not really, if Saginaw wins West and we win East we will have to worry about him at the Mem.Cup. Although it would have been nice, I also feel we can acquire more depth in more areas with our assets. I had predicted Beck to Saginaw sometime ago…now let’s refocus on the other amazing talent out there!!

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
I just hope Papineau understands the term "all in" and doesn't half as* this trade deadline. There's really no excuses not to add another 3 or 4 key pieces to make a deep run. Hopefully he's looked at past champions like Peterborough, Hamilton, Guelph etc. to understand the concept of all in. I'm sure Papineau will do something, but prices will be high and he needs to pay up.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
I don’t think we have to worry much about Beck TBH. What has he done this year at all in the league and with Team Canada ? There are other real good options to better our team !

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I just hope Papineau understands the term "all in" and doesn't half as* this trade deadline. There's really no excuses not to add another 3 or 4 key pieces to make a deep run. Hopefully he's looked at past champions like Peterborough, Hamilton, Guelph etc. to understand the concept of all in. I'm sure Papineau will do something, but prices will be high and he needs to pay up.
he could do the same thing as sarnia and get beck, donovan and maybe more. obviously its not happening but he needs to go hard after donovan now.

Reactions: OMG67

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
I would go all in with Buchinger and Poitras in a mega trade or Donovan plus Roobroeck and/or Melee. I’m not sure a OA upgrade can be made this late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad