Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Not sure what was wrong about what I said? When I posted, he had let in 5 goals on 16 shots and were down 5-2 at the time.
He wasn't in net for all 5. He came in relief after 2 on the starter. So he let in 3 on his own.

Luv these game preview summaries. Thanks
Thanks! I can't do it every game unfortunately. Also, I try and update the original post as more information is released on the OHL score sheet.

yalbmert25

Apr 10, 2016
I said, “error evaluating players.” That means, overvaluing your own players, undervaluing other teams players, making poor decisions on player value at the draft table Etc.

Valuing players is essentially half of the hockey operations job when it comes down to it. The other half being development.

You need to be objectively able to evaluate. It really does come down to that. It is one of the reasons why poorer franchises stay poor and stronger franchises remain strong. They have quality evaluators, developers and a manager that can disseminate the information and align it into a team.

So, hypothetically speaking, let’s say a GM is having a conversation and he is willing to move, for example, Walton for Beck on a Wednesday. Then over the weekend, Walton scores 7 points and the following week he says, “Well, Walton had a very good weekend so that changes things.” I’m not saying that happened, jsut as an example. If the player has a very good weekend, it should not change the parameters of the discussion UNLESS you didn’t evaluate the player properly to begin with.
100% agree with your definition of "error evaluating players"

Disagree if you're insinuating that Paps constantly makes errors in evaluating players making the OHL out of his league. Every GM will make mistakes evaluations. There's a such thing as consensus evaluations but at the same time GM's are allowed to vary in there evaluations. Not everyone has to agree with evaluations.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
100% agree with your definition of "error evaluating players"

Disagree if you're insinuating that Paps constantly makes errors in evaluating players making the OHL out of his league. Every GM will make mistakes evaluations. There's a such thing as consensus evaluations but at the same time GM's are allowed to vary in there evaluations. Not everyone has to agree with evaluations.

If you scroll back to see what I was referring to in the beginning, you would see it was in reference to a comment suggesting overvaluing players isn’t a big deal.

Muskyslayer

Aug 29, 2023
Can we trade for a coach? Don't know what he is thinking after Walton goal and gain major momentum to come back with Signoretti line is fn amateur. the only line to be stuck in the defensive zone and that's who we come back with. These kids wanna play and this dinosaur sets them up for failure.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I knew it. Been eyeing him all night

He's been slacking throughout the game. Floated back and bang 3-2

Musty

• Haha
Reactions: djscooter

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Love to see every line getting in on the scoring for the Wolves.

Team really needs a save at some point though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muskyslayer

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Villeneuve the MVP of that last empty net goal, what a dive to get the puck out, a forecheck to cause havoc and a giveaway to Goyette. Great job to the Wolves tonight, not expecting much against Kitchener tomorrow would be extremely happy with another point but if there's a game that's fair to lose, it's that one. Huge 2 points over Brantford, like I mentioned earlier, it was great to see goals from almost the entire lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
We started seing more backchecks Goyette made a huge one in his zone getting the puck back on the Musty goal. If Delic was a finisher he could have scored 5 goals but great energy from him !! Walton and Villy are REALLY stepping up their game and DeAngelis is just Amazing what a great addition this summer.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
We started seing more backchecks Goyette made a huge one in his zone getting the puck back on the Musty goal. If Delic was a finisher he could have scored 5 goals bit great energy from him !! Walton and Villy are REALLY stepping up their game and DeAngelis is just Amazing what a great addition this summer.
I really think they need to keep playing Delic and Goyette together, those two click real well.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
good game, Wolves goals from all lines, dominated most of the game 5 vs 5. It wasn't Vandenberg best game, played well in the third to close it down, also credit the D in the third.

• Love
Reactions: WolvesFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad