Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumper1999

Apr 22, 2022
Who's gonna break the news to Vandenberg that he'll be sitting the bench now that Vondras is coming back? Chucky won't be dressing much or he'll be flip flopping with Vandenberg as BU.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Who's gonna break the news to Vandenberg that he'll be sitting the bench now that Vondras is coming back? Chucky won't be dressing much or he'll be flip flopping with Vandenberg as BU.
I'm not convinced that Vondras will be playing majority of games, Vandenberg will play his share, I bet it will be almost 50/50. Eventually someone out of the two will have to prove who is the #1. Krawchuck is odd man out I can see him playing maybe with Espanola or Cubs.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Vandenberg will get his fair share of starts. Wolves will have the confidence to start both. He in fact made huge stops in the late stages of the game last night to seal the victory. This deal helped immensely over the last two-three weeks.

WJ

Wiserbud

Mar 29, 2014
Agreed. Although the deal came as a bit of a surprise, we would not be in 1st without it. Smart move, when the alternative could have had us several places lower. And we have a bit of hot hand now. Where do they slot Dali into a good line up like last night? Nice dilemma.

Reactions: dirty12

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Agreed. Although the deal came as a bit of a surprise, we would not be in 1st without it. Smart move, when the alternative could have had us several places lower. And we have a bit of hot hand now. Where do they slot Dali into a good line up like last night? Nice dilemma.
Right. What some people forget is the year we had Pekka go to World Juniors we lost every game because of goaltending. This was a brilliant move by Paps. Imagine it was just Krawchuck and Gaulton over that time frame.

WJ

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
I can see Paps making a couple minor moves to possibly upgrade third and fourth lines as I don’t think he will move Villi or Walton and it seems Taylor is drawing little interest.

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
I hope Papineau is not choking this is his moment to shine. Key pieces are starting to move

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
My experience with following this team and seeing how Paps operates, I don’t foresee tweaks. I’m anticipating BLOCKBUSTER!! Com’on Paps make it happen..

Reactions: CTrain10

cub

Apr 11, 2012
I'm hearing Krawchuk maybe to Oshawa, not sure what in return.

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
He's def adding. NB not going away without a fight against their rivals. RP needs to add some elite pkayers. If you can keep guys like villy, walton good. Just play them lower in lineup if need be. Their both getting hot an interesting time.
def upgrade on McCallum if you can.

Last edited:
Reactions: justawolfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad