Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
To me that is not going to get you much, half in as I hope Paps avoids. The big names will cost dearly, lots of competition out there and returns will be high.
I agree. Picks are secondary to the player offered when attempting to acquire the big fish. Adding Goure might tip the scales in the wolves favour if wanting Mayer.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Sudbury can be very creative at the deadline.

My thoughts...

Deal Coughlan for a 3rd and 4th.

Then Deal Mania, Yearwood and those two picks from the Coughlan deal to get the Leblanc twins and Moses

Then Deal Mauro, DiGiantomasso, Krawchuk and picks to Niagara for Lavoie.

Then Deal McCallum, Taylor, Pryce, Bruce and multiple seconds for Mayer and Beck.

Forward lines,

Musty Dvorksy Lavoie
Goyette Beck Delic
Walton Villy Konyen
Leblanc Pharand Moses
Signoretti

Mayer Toure
Anania LebLanc
DeAngelis Collins
Protz

Vondras
Vandenberg

Wolves then have the depth toughness and skill to take it.

WJ

• Haha
Reactions: dirty12

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Sudbury can be very creative at the deadline.

My thoughts...

Deal Coughlan for a 3rd and 4th.

Then Deal Mania, Yearwood and those two picks from the Coughlan deal to get the Leblanc twins and Moses

Then Deal Mauro, DiGiantomasso, Krawchuk and picks to Niagara for Lavoie.

Then Deal McCallum, Taylor, Pryce, Bruce and multiple seconds for Mayer and Beck.

Forward lines,

Musty Dvorksy Lavoie
Goyette Beck Delic
Walton Villy Konyen
Leblanc Pharand Moses
Signoretti

Mayer Toure
Anania LebLanc
DeAngelis Collins
Protz

Vondras
Vandenberg

Wolves then have the depth toughness and skill to take it.

WJ
I think the Signoretti show is over can’t waste a card

cub

Apr 11, 2012
To me that is not going to get you much, half in as I hope Paps avoids. The big names will cost dearly, lots of competition out there and returns will be high.
half in? they have the pieces already they need a couple of moves.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
lol there not
We’ll come back to this after the deadline. One of our OAs will be moved. There are obvious upgrades on Toure at reasonable prices otherwise he’s 5th on the depth chart and you can’t trust MacCallum not to do something that hurts the team when it counts. If we have them both after January 10th, the Wolves will be upset before the finals.

Reactions: justawolfan

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
half in? they have the pieces already they need a couple of moves.
I agree my question is what will those couple moves cost. Saginaw is the front runner for Beck as it may be his best chance for a ring. We will have to over pay for anyone

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Maybe for 2 rounds at best take a look at the West
you want to trade everyone by the sounds of it, just to make trades. Just beat one of the best teams in the West vs the SOO. We beat London, lost to Saginaw but wasn't impressed by them. Kitchener haven't seen them play to me this is the team you need to match up with.

I think Wolves will have a good second half if everyone stays healthy.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
you want to trade everyone by the sounds of it, just to make trades. Just beat one of the best teams in the West vs the SOO. We beat London, lost to Saginaw but wasn't impressed by them. Kitchener haven't seen them play to me this is the team you need to match up with.

I think Wolves will have a good second half if everyone stays healthy.
Depends how you define all in, if we can keep guys like villi and Walton I 100 percent agree with you

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
My 2 cents

Goaltending is probably set with Vondras/Vandenberg this year - I'm not too concerned. I think that they should just play the hot hand & see who is the starting goalie come playoffs in 3 months. I think someone will rise up between them.

Defence needs at least one big trade for a top pairing D. If Protz is dealt then they'll need another depth piece to play that 6/7.

I think most likely the 3 OA's are set: Anania shouldn't move. McCallum has played well enough that I think they're going to keep him & he's a former 1st rounder & long time Wolf. His lack of discipline at times worries me though. I haven't been too impressed with Toure lately - very undisciplined and not playing up to the level that I think he can. I think they'll only move him if they're bringing in a top OA (i.e. Mayer, Punnett, etc.).

They need at least one big move at forward and another depth one. There may be some politics at play to have Dvorsky/Musty/Goyette as a line, but I really think that putting Delic & Goyette back together is best for this team - they both make each other better. I hope if they're going to trade K.Walton it would only be for one of the top players available because he's improving quickly and I wonder where his game could be at in 3 months. He could be a legit 2nd liner on a contender potentially. I haven't been the biggest fan of Konyen in the past but he has proved me wrong & had a really nice year. Pharand having a good start to 2nd half and that will help this roster. I'd hope for something like this:

Musty Dvorsky (Trade)
Walton Delic Goyette
Pharand Villeneuve (Trade)
Coughlan McCallum Konyen
Yearwood

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed at the amount of players the Wolves bring in. Not much sense in bringing in guys who would play on the 2nd or 3rd line in exchange for Walton or Villeneuve. Both are filling those roles and seemingly getting better every game. Walton has 27 pts in 32 games. Don't think you're going to get much better then him.

I think Taylor and a large amount of picks will be shipped out without much doubt. If an OA upgrade is made, one of Toure and McCallum will be shipped out. The day will come and go, Wolves will pick up one high-end forward, one bottom 6 forward, and possibly a D-man. Folks here will be frustrated, but ultimately I think this team has the talent and skillsets it needs with only a couple of additions. The fate of this team rests with Ken MacKenzie more than it does with Papineau at this point.

jamo27

Mar 24, 2007
Yup, Taylor, one of mccallum/touree and maybe protz and all the picks for a beck/ Mayer return and hope Ken can coach the team. That’s all we get in Sudbury.

My bet is it’s the coach that will be the reason we all bitch in May.

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Also wanted to add that the Wolves should be all-in this year but I still view this as a 2-year window, especially if Walton & Villy are kept. Then the rebuild starts after next season.

Goyette, Dvorsky & Vondras will be the non-OA losses. I think there's an 80% chance that Musty is back. Also an 80% chance that Collins is back as an OA. 3 of Delic/Collins/DeAngelis/(Konyen?)/(Vandenberg?) is a good OA group.

Musty Delic (OA) Pharand
Walton Villeneuve

Collins (OA) DeAngelis (OA)
Mania

Imports?

Many top end pieces to build out another roster.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Also wanted to add that the Wolves should be all-in this year but I still view this as a 2-year window, especially if Walton & Villy are kept. Then the rebuild starts after next season.

Goyette, Dvorsky & Vondras will be the non-OA losses. I think there's an 80% chance that Musty is back. Also an 80% chance that Collins is back as an OA. 3 of Delic/Collins/DeAngelis/(Konyen?)/(Vandenberg?) is a good OA group.

Musty Delic (OA) Pharand
Walton Villeneuve

Collins (OA) DeAngelis (OA)
Mania

Imports?

Many top end pieces to build out another roster.
You do remember Paps traded Bulitka for Chenier. If he can he will trade McCallum regardless of his draft status and years of service based on history. Pezzetta is another that comes to mind.

WJ

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
You do remember Paps traded Bulitka for Chenier. If he can he will trade McCallum regardless of his draft status and years of service based on history. Pezzetta is another that comes to mind.

WJ
Yep, it can definitely happen. Just my gut feeling as the most likely outcome. I'm pretty sure I saw him wearing an "A" in the couple games that followed Larmand leaving before the Christmas break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad