Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
It will cost dearly to go all in and I mean dearly. You can’t go half in, Villy, Wally,Taylor to name a few. Does Paps have the ability?

EDIT* looks like Chucky is not getting the start tonight. Not sure why it was posted here that he was.
1703980584066.png

Alright I'm going to consider this chucks last chance at proving he belongs.

Needs a big game tonight.

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Just tuned into the video feed. Vandenberg is indeed the starter tonight. I can't imagine chucky is too happy about this. Usually in a 3in3 the backup gets a start.

Edit: Didn't realize what time it was and my stream started the game from the beginning. The cocktails I had don't help.

Last edited:

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
Great first period. But then: players blowing the zone early, our D trying to cover 3 attacking forwards all night, our exit passes out of our zone are always long and behind our forwards because forwards are too high, shifts way too long.
Thank god we have Goaltending. Those 2 3rd are looking like great value tonight.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Sadly only caught the tail end of the game, but seems like a good win. Hopefully, they can keep it rolling as we move towards the deadline.

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Well, that's one of those games you don't expect at the end of a 3in3 with significant travel. Great game all around, especially Vandenberg. Walton with 2 points. Also there's nothing better than a goal on a goalie AFTER an empty net goal. Love the salt in the wound. The boys are feeling it. The bench was chirping hard after the game.

PP - 3/4
PK - 6/7

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
That game by Vandi was what we have been waiting for all year. As important as the win is the boost in his confidence. As an award for his performance coach should announce NO curfew tomorrow thanks to our goalie.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Well, that's one of those games you don't expect at the end of a 3in3 with significant travel. Great game all around, especially Vandenberg. Walton with 2 points. Also there's nothing better than a goal on a goalie AFTER an empty net goal. Love the salt in the wound. The boys are feeling it. The bench was chirping hard after the game.

PP - 3/4
PK - 6/7

Yes I was kinda a surprised how much jump they had in this game after playing 3 in 3, having a 4th line that you feel comfortable with helps, to keep everyone fresh.

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022

PP - 3/4
PK - 6/7
Special teams were awesome! Anania saved a goal. Boys were blocking shots and Villy was a machine.

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Will take the 5 out of 6 points. Now onto some business of getting added pieces. Wolves will need to add to their defence core without question. Another added piece or two up front will get it done for the Wolves.

WJ

WolvesFanInNorthBay

Feb 9, 2019
North Bay
Yes I was kinda a surprised how much jump they had in this game after playing 3 in 3, having a 4th line that you feel comfortable with helps, to keep everyone fresh.
Thats's what Kmac emphasized after last night's win against NB. Rolled all four lines to keep them fresh for tonights game. Seemed like it worked.

3 home games in a row so the boys can relax and rest. Then Sarnia, Windsor the weekend after. I'll be at those 2 games. Then a home and home with Barrie the weekend after with a taste of Otter in the middle. Hopefully by January 22nd, Wolves are solidly in 1st in the Central and hopefully 1st in the Conference!

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Wolves move into first place in their division. They have one game more played than Missy. And tied with Brantford for first in the Conference. East is so tight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
After a 4 minute shift our Captian who can’t move his feet takes a 4min penalty. I thought the standard was .45 sec shifts. Same as #27. Selfish play has to stop..
Very gutsy effort but it seems you too are judging this team as one wanting to seriously compete for a championship and as such holding them to that standard and nothing less.I agree with your observations. Our supporting cast won the game.

Not mentioned here yet but a subtle change of play, specifically on PP. Almost no cross ice (over passing) and focus is putting pucks on net with screen/deflections. Congrats coaches for the change, it’s working and I like it.
Been asking for that all year. Took this long for what should have been an obvious message to get though.

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Credit to the conditioning coach for sure.

Reactions: cub
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad