Sudbury Wolves 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
This may be the worse officiating and linesman work I've seen all season. Lizotte and Card in particular should not be allowed to work together. Jackson may be the worst ref in the OHL which is quite a high honor.

Reactions: CTrain10

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Overall great game. I just have two wishes... If love to see them dominate for 60 minutes. I'd love to see a wolves goalie save 9/10 shots for a few games in a row....

Wolves in the first two periods proved they're at their best when they play physical. Loved to see them with that edge

Wisdom

Jun 28, 2014
Awesome to see Walton get the hat trick and first star. Villeneuve was an absolute workhorse out there. Vandenburg was pretty solid. great game to watch
The worse thing was trying to unstick my boots from the floor under my seat

Howling In 16

Apr 11, 2012
Not This Year, Yettright have the again! Just my opinion. I dont feel that the wolves have the right chemistry/team make up to win the Ohl this year, maybe two or three rounds on which wolves team shows up to play and a goalie steps ip and grabs the #1spot and delivers better then average goaltending. Not sold on paps making the needed moves without getting fleeced or over paying 2x3rd's for vandenburgh. I don't think we have a true number 1 or 2 dman, (think about it which of our dmen would be a 1 or 2 on a championship team? Other than Dyforsky(sp) is Musty or Goyette 1st line on a champioship team? I say no, too many holes in their game). What we would need to give up (Villy, Walton, Protz, boat load of high picks to get a sniff at a possibe title would cripple this team for years to come. Other than getting a Colby Barlow and Nelson or both ( I think they would need both for their skills and leadership I dont think anyone else is worth the steep price. I would rather build a quality franchise for many years as opposed to our usual laughing stock of the league. Quality franchises attract quality players. I have a gut feeling that you might see Goyette back next year as an overager, you would just need to find a #1goalie, 2 quality euro's that will produce and get lucky with a draft pick or two and somone from the farm teams to make the jump. I know some want to empty the bank, cupboards and the gas tank and go for it, just remember there are no guarantees. Again just my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

WeThe North

Jun 7, 2021
Not This Year, Yettright have the again! Just my opinion. I dont feel that the wolves have the right chemistry/team make up to win the Ohl this year, maybe two or three rounds on which wolves team shows up to play and a goalie steps ip and grabs the #1spot and delivers better then average goaltending. Not sold on paps making the needed moves without getting fleeced or over paying 2x3rd's for vandenburgh. I don't think we have a true number 1 or 2 dman, (think about it which of our dmen would be a 1 or 2 on a championship team? Other than Dyforsky(sp) is Musty or Goyette 1st line on a champioship team? I say no, too many holes in their game). What we would need to give up (Villy, Walton, Protz, boat load of high picks to get a sniff at a possibe title would cripple this team for years to come. Other than getting a Colby Barlow and Nelson or both ( I think they would need both for their skills and leadership I dont think anyone else is worth the steep price. I would rather build a quality franchise for many years as opposed to our usual laughing stock of the league. Quality franchises attract quality players. I have a gut feeling that you might see Goyette back next year as an overager, you would just need to find a #1goalie, 2 quality euro's that will produce and get lucky with a draft pick or two and somone from the farm teams to make the jump. I know some want to empty the bank, cupboards and the gas tank and go for it, just remember there are no guarantees. Again just my opinion.
Kids stay away from drugs it makes you say really dumb things lolll wow

howlman

Mar 9, 2004
It's going to be a fascinating trade deadline for the Wolves to say the least. Some extremely tough decisions upcoming for Papineau. Who the Wolves target, who the Wolves subtract from the current roster. Nothing easy about it. Wolves could go multiple different directions considering they have 5 player cards left (not counting Signoretti as using a card yet). With the right moves, the Wolves have as good of shot as anyone to come out of the Eastern Conference come playoffs. Go Wolves Go!

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Kids stay away from drugs it makes you say really dumb things lolll wow
I don’t think that’s fair at all that this post deserves to be mocked. More like I think your comment did more to prove your own point. How about coming up with a sound counter argument instead of a pathetic ad hominem attack (there’s Google since you”ll likely have to look that up).
Don’t have to agree with all the points made but at least some of these are valid, like it or not and a lot of you know it.
Time will tell, but sure I hope they seem as funny in April and May.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sleemans99

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Imagine asking if Musty and Goyette, who are 1st and 8th in the OHL in points per game are good enough to be first liners on a contender.
Not sure you got the entire gist of his point. It goes beyond regular season stats and might have had as much to do with leadership and intangibles.
Also stats don’t mean as nearly as much come playoff time. It’s clean slate and a whole different animal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
We legit have the best line in the OHL, I don’t see any argument where Goyette and Musty aren’t good enough for a first like championship winning team.

Reactions: djscooter

Pucks Deep

Apr 4, 2020
Taylor all day over Walton. Caden Taylor doesn’t even play when he is in the lineup. You keep Walton and use Taylor as a trade chip in a “all in” year

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
I don’t think that’s fair at all that this post deserves to be mocked. More like I think your comment did more to prove your own point. How about coming up with a sound counter argument instead of a pathetic ad hominem attack (there’s Google since you”ll likely have to look that up).
Don’t have to agree with all the points made but at least some of these are valid, like it or not and a lot of you know it.
Time will tell, but sure I hope they seem as funny in April and May.
If Beck lands here, he’s not playing second line. Who gets bumped down?

Sleemans99

Nov 25, 2018
Feels like giving him the sault, rather then barrie or north bay is setting him up for failure.
not sure if i agree Scooter. Soo is in the other side while we are competing directly with Barrie and North Bay for playoff positioning. you see this frequently in the nhl.

I can see the points earlier about Goyette or musty in that they do not look like the prototypical top line players however I think that trio can be it. They can dominate puck possession. I think with a good addition up front, Delic moving back up the lineup and Mccallum back down and strong line, a good third and 4th line makes a real balanced lineup. you cant play both Mauro and Signoretti regularly.

Defence just seems to be missing a little something. It could be someone just a little more high end offense or giving up one of the puck movers for a high end shut down guy. It seems like the guys we got are good at most things just not great at any one thing. 6 guys who would be 2-4 on most teams.

Like a previous post last night would have been the perfect game to give up two or less. Again just leak goals

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
not sure if i agree Scooter. Soo is in the other side while we are competing directly with Barrie and North Bay for playoff positioning. you see this frequently in the nhl.
If we are competing with Barrie for playoff positioning this year something has gone horribly wrong and every staff member on the Wolves should be fired.

Reactions: WolvesFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad