Rumor: Stars' Ben Bishop potentially close to return (Update: Career over)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Can’t they just waive Khudobin or Bishop?
So no trade clauses prevent that?
are they screwed on the cap ?

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I could see Pittsburgh maybe being interested in Khudobin but only at 50% for DeSmith. Though that only saves them like 416k. For Dallas, DeSmith is only signed for this season, but for the Pens Dobby is signed through next season.

I don't know......I know I would feel more confident of Dobby in the playoffs if the Pens have to turn to him but he hasn't played well this season and it feels like it may be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Can Buffalo have one of these goalies?

Certainly. We've got a slightly-used Dobby who may be of interest to you.

DaOI0K_W4AAydo6.jpg

....I think he'd like playing in Buffalo.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
After his last 4 years this is just a mirage

Nah. The last 3 years were the mirage. Holtby is a quality goaltender who isn't particularly old. No reason to think he's done, and he's on a cheap 1 year deal anyways so it really wouldn't hurt to try.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I could see Pittsburgh maybe being interested in Khudobin but only at 50% for DeSmith. Though that only saves them like 416k. For Dallas, DeSmith is only signed for this season, but for the Pens Dobby is signed through next season.

I don't know......I know I would feel more confident of Dobby in the playoffs if the Pens have to turn to him but he hasn't played well this season and it feels like it may be robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Dallas needs less goalies, not the same amount.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Nah. The last 3 years were the mirage. Holtby is a quality goaltender who isn't particularly old. No reason to think he's done, and he's on a cheap 1 year deal anyways so it really wouldn't hurt to try.
I'd try out Holtby if we could move out Koskinen or Smith first. I know that wouldn't be in a Dallas deal though obviously. It's a gamble, but I don't expect we are upgrading based off of his recent performances.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
So throw out a 4 year sample size because of 12 games??? Alrighty then

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It is also the team that plays in front of him. Dallas is a good defensive team. Vancouver is trash.
Holtby struggled his last little bit with Washington as well and they haven't been "trash". Demko must be an all star in Vancouver, he looks like twice the goalie Holtby ever did in Vancouver even with the trash in front of him.

Reactions: spot

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Holtby struggled his last little bit with Washington as well and they haven't been "trash". Demko must be an all star in Vancouver, he looks like twice the goalie Holtby ever did in Vancouver even with the trash in front of him.
Systems. Holtby was good with Trotz in Washington who ran the defense first style that Dallas does. Post trotz and Vancouver don’t. It’s not always as clear as you think it is based on stats.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Systems. Holtby was good with Trotz in Washington who ran the defense first style that Dallas does. Post trotz and Vancouver don’t. It’s not always as clear as you think it is based on stats.
It's too bad that the Islanders don't need a goalie if Holtby needs Trotz to be a strong goalie.

I don't think the teams that are interested in a goalie are the type that have a Trotz system in place. Or even a Bowness system in place.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
It is also the team that plays in front of him. Dallas is a good defensive team. Vancouver is trash.
Well not too mention losing the crease to Demko Samsonov and Grubauer during that time
Maybe waiver wire is a bit harsh can probably get a b- level prospect or like a 3rd rounder but khudobin is waiver fodder and Bishop is too until he can show he can still play

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Why? Edmonton doesn't need a backup. We need a starter.

I'm not gonna give you a hard time due to Holtby's sample of play over the past few years but most of that was with Vancouver.....That should speak for itself. Holtby would be an upgrade to your current problems in net. If you don't think so we can revisit this thread during the play offs and discuss it more.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm not gonna give you a hard time due to Holtby's sample of play over the past few years but most of that was with Vancouver.....That should speak for itself. Holtby would be an upgrade to your current problems in net. If you don't think so we can revisit this thread during the play offs and discuss it more.
Koskinen hasn't been bad most games this year. Passable anyway. I recall plenty of Caps fans taking issue with Holtby's play before he left Washington as well. I'm not suggesting we don't need a goalie. I'm suggesting we need more than Holtby. With what he has shown for all but a month of the past 4 years, I don't think that's out of touch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad