Rumor: Stars' Ben Bishop potentially close to return (Update: Career over)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I think a team would

Just out of the kindness of their heart. Some fans were saying someone would do it when Murray hit waivers. I won't say never but it would be very stupid of a team to do it when they can leverage an asset out of it instead. Khudobin isn't playing like a positive asset. The Stars need to make cap space. Cap space isn't free.

Reactions: MikeK

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I don’t think the nTC for Dobby is a big deal. He wants to play and it ain’t happening for dallas.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Like I said. He's playing like garbage and he has two years at 3.3 million on his contract. No one is doing the Stars a favor for free.
I bet Dallas gets some value here. He is a bit off this year but he did backstop Dallas to a cup finals. He can be streaky. When he is on he is great.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Jim Nill had to have seen this coming when he signed Holtby in the first place.

It'll be interesting to see how he digs his team out of this nice little hole he's created for them.
This is the exact situation he said he was hoping for . “We want otter to come in and force us to make some tough decisions” I believe is what nill said . Time to make some tough decisions Jim .

Reactions: Johno and Dr Pepper

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Edmonton should for sure be on the phone lines working a deal for Bishop. Just make sure to have insurance for him. Mike Smith could be that insurance.

This is possibly something that could convince Bishop to waive his MNTC/NMC clauses. What does Edmonton have to offer?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I’d take Holtby back in DC. Samsonov is starting to show he’s a legitimate #1 on a contender but the stakes are too high with the team playing this well to not have insurance in net.

Reactions: ujju2

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
For Bishop? Nothing. Cap has to even out and there isn't really any way to do that. Bishop is such a gamble.
Why would Dallas take the same cap back as a cap dump for the sake of just moving bishop? I get he is a gamble but moving him for a cap dump is a bit over the top.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Why would Dallas take the same cap back as a cap dump for the sake of just moving bishop? I get he is a gamble but moving him for a cap dump is a bit over the top.
They wouldn't. But Edmonton is maxed out, so for Edmonton to be in on Bishop, money would need to be going out. Bishop is a gamble because he is hurt all the time. Even before his most recent injury and time off. I hope he is better now, but until we know for sure, he's a few moments away from being on the shelf again. Plus we already have a goalie that is hurt alot (although Bishop's track record is significantly better). Honestly, Dallas' best option is running with Oettinger and Bishop if it doesn't put them over the cap to do it. The issues there being of course that they need to find someone to take Khudobin and Holtby. Holtby should be movable, I'm not so sure on Khudobin.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Does a team want Bishop Or Khudobin at even 50 off ?

Khudobin no, Bishop...maybe? But he has a 10-team no trade and if he played his cards right and doesn't want to move, that wouldn't leave Dallas with many options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad