Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I had a dream that Matthew Tkachuk 'accidentally' tripped McDavid on a breakaway going full speed and he went into the boards extremely hard.

So as Connor's carcass was a quivering pile of meat and bones, the crowd fell silent and then his dad started screaming "this wasn't part of the plan, Satan!!!!"...

So weird...

Anyways, I think leon is as dumb as Boris Mironov and that guy was as dumb as a bag of hammers. He basically put a target on 97's back.

• Haha
Reactions: Pokecheque

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Not that I think the Avs should get even more PPs than any other teams because IMO reffing is equally bad on both side. Sometimes it is against us, sometimes it is in our favor. It really often depends who is in the lead. With that said both the bolded could be true. When a team plays with a lot of speed like the Avs do the odds are they will get a lot more PPs than the opponents because they will try to slow them down by hooking, interfering, etc.

But I agree that this board also complains a lot about refs.
Avs have been high up in the league prior even prior to this current style of play. Avs have always had favor.

I get that people want more penalties called. I don’t share that opinion, but it is certainly a valid opinion. The disparity is so much higher than any other team, including teams that play faster, that is it crazy to think that refs have anything against the Avs. There might be individual moments here or there, but when you zoom out… the Avs get the most advantage in the league by a wide margin

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Avs have been high up in the league prior even prior to this current style of play. Avs have always had favor.

I get that people want more penalties called. I don’t share that opinion, but it is certainly a valid opinion. The disparity is so much higher than any other team, including teams that play faster, that is it crazy to think that refs have anything against the Avs. There might be individual moments here or there, but when you zoom out… the Avs get the most advantage in the league by a wide margin

That's bullshit. We have reigning Lady Byng winner, Nathan MacKinnon, on this team. He wouldn't allow his team to take penalties/play dirty.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Monsoons, hurricanes. I really don’t understand what makes Florida such an attractive place to live when they have to go through that stuff every year

Reactions: Alienblood

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
You liked the leaping panther more? I mean, I completely agree the current uniform is a direct ripoff of the owners' old military unit badge. But it's a much more modern look than the VERY 90s leaping panther with claws. What I really want is for their retro2.0 jersey's to become their thirds. They are delightful in only a way Miami could pull off....

The New Florida Panthers Reverse Retro Leaked?

[edit...I was looking into some of their alternates and one off's. This is the jersey celebrating their 30th year in the league. Kind of a combination of the old leaping panther logo with the retro reverse...Too busy for a kid to scribble on the cover of their world history book in 6th grade, but in the digital age, I doubt anyone will care.]

Close up of the jersey logo on a red jersey.It shows the Leaping Cat head inside the stick and palm logo.

Yes, the original Panthers jersey is a 90s classic, much like the old Sharks sweaters, the Mighty Ducks eggplant-and-jade getups, and of course, the Avs.

What annoys the hell outta me about the Panthers current "Army" jerseys (and I always imagine the word "Army" as Buster Bluth says it in "Arrested Development") is that the midsection stripe just...stops halfway. The Habs have something similar on their iconic jerseys, but it goes all the way around and even intersects with the numbers. It just looks like they never bothered to finish it. I'd like Florida's current look a lot more if it at least did that, but in the end they just never should've changed those. At least they stayed red, I hated it when they went to navy blue full time.

Those powder blue alternates are awesome too. I'd be all for them coming back as well.

Last edited:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
LOL sorry bud. I mean I live in LA and hate it here too. I guess I’ve been kinda looking for the perfect place to live and haven’t found it yet.

Haha no worries. Yeah weather is temperamental here during hurricane season. I think it's mother nature's way of pissing me off.

Reactions: the_fan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I would never want to live in any part of Florida from late June through September. October to May... flip flops and golf everyday sounds pretty great. Just stay out of Gainesville and the panhandle. :laugh:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Monsoons, hurricanes. I really don’t understand what makes Florida such an attractive place to live when they have to go through that stuff every year
Every place has its ups and downs. I'm biased, but Colorado has probably the "mildest" weather when it comes to North America, but even then there are some pitfalls.

Reactions: the_fan

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
It's a different flavor of awful. We're arch pessimists who think the sky is falling every time we lose a faceoff. Edmonton is insufferable because they think the Oilers are god's gift and the only reason they could ever lose is because the refs screwed them and the other team flops. They can't comprehend that Florida is just several levels better as a team, the entitlement is galling.
I do agree with that.

The smell of dogshit vs. horseshit, etc.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Oh boy. We're cycling currently in Florida, tomorrow from Panama City to Tallahassee. Hopefully the weather gets better when we get closer to Miami..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad