Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
That is as an intentional hit to the head to take out the number one player of the opposing team as it gets.

And Draischeiße only gets two??

It has got to go eye-for-eye if the league does nothing to clean this sort of shit up. Especially if Barkov is unable to come back and play Game3.

Reactions: paganini11

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
That is as an intentional hit to the head to take out the number one player of the opposing team as it gets.

And Draischeiße only gets two??

It has got to go eye-for-eye if the league does nothing to clean this sort of shit up. Especially if Barkov is unable to come back and play Game3.

I don't think the refs even saw the actual elbow. They didn't call a major so they didn't get to see the angle from the stands.

If Drai isn't suspended, how game 3 goes will probably dictate the eye for an eye thing. If Florida gets up or the game is close, they won't run around at all, letting the scoreboard do the talking. If Edmonton gets up though... Lomberg, Cousins, Bennett, Cheese... liberties will be taken. It would almost be shocking if Cousins didn't get suspended. :laugh:

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Oilers are putting up just as little fight as expected. 1 5v5 goal the last four games when it means the most. Best team in the West!

Best thing I can say is that Oilers fans will have to live with the agony of getting all the way to the SCF and losing it. I wonder what that feels like.
Thanks to this bullshit-seeding.

I really hope they go back to 1-8. Seems like the players want that too.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I’m glad I won’t be potential ex’s with anyone here. Yeesh :laugh:
R.466a789c3d5c48554224bb1a8f689c1b

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Draisaitl probably thought the only way they can beat Florida is if he injures Barkov so McDavid can do something. Only one assist for McDavid and no points for Draisaitl in 2 games
Classic PPloiler garbage. This is like ekane injuring Kadri 2 years ago because they 'needed to make it fair because it was "unfair" that the Avs were the better team.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I am personally loving the conflicting narratives.

Oiler fans are crying foul about the refs favoring Florida, and Bettman doesn't want a Canadian winner.

Everyone else is saying Drai is only not suspended because he is part of McDrai and they don't want to disadvantage the Oilers.

Isn't it fun how there can be two conflicting conspiracies. Fandom is a weird.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I am personally loving the conflicting narratives.

Oiler fans are crying foul about the refs favoring Florida, and Bettman doesn't want a Canadian winner.

Everyone else is saying Drai is only not suspended because he is part of McDrai and they don't want to disadvantage the Oilers.

Isn't it fun how there can be two conflicting conspiracies. Fandom is a weird.
I mean... just look here. When you combine the last 5 years the Avs are 1st in the league with +158 net penalties (38 more than #2)... and yet there is near constant complaining about the refs hating on the Avs and the Avs deserve even more power plays.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't really care for the Finns. Just f***ing hate the Oilers (and all Canadian teams).

Apparently, nothing coming for Draisaitl. Not a surprise, unfortunately. Just hoping that the Panthers are going to clearly target McDavid now. Nick Cousins, do something similar to McDavid and lets see how calm and collected the Oilers fans and media will be.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
It's funny I actually think HFAvs is the least biased team forum I've ever posted on. You have a ton of biased fans but most places are 90%. This board seems to have lots in the middle and lots of posters who just seem like hockey fans overall.

You get more pushback if you criticize another player than trashing Rants. For every 10 posters that whine about the refs there's 10 more who not only disagree but complain about it. Edmonton fans it's like 80% lol zero Oiler fans would be cheering for the Avs right now where we got a few here who are for sure.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
It's funny I actually think HFAvs is the least biased team forum I've ever posted on. You have a ton of biased fans but most places are 90%. This board seems to have lots in the middle and lots of posters who just seem like hockey fans overall.

You get more pushback if you criticize another player than trashing Rants. For every 10 posters that whine about the refs there's 10 more who not only disagree but complain about it. Edmonton fans it's like 80% lol zero Oiler fans would be cheering for the Avs right now where we got a few here who are for sure.
omg it only gets worse than here???

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I actually think the Oilers will slap the Panthers around in game 3. First SCF game on home ice in 18 years, I feel like 97 is going to have a monster game.

Game 4 is where I think this series either shifts entirely or the Panthers lock it down. That's where I believe Florida gets the road split.

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida

I hang around here not because I'm a fan of the Avs but because I simply hate them the least. They may be a bunch of losers but they're our losers sort of relationship.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019

Least biased? Hell, 85% of the posters on HFAvs hate the team, hate management, hate Bednar, hate Bernie and want to trade Rantanen for . . . somebody who isn't as good as Rantanen. Just because he's not Rantanen.

I'd hate to think where this board would be if the Avs hadn't won the Cup in 2022 with maybe the best team the NHL has seen in the last 25 years . . .

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I actually think the Oilers will slap the Panthers around in game 3. First SCF game on home ice in 18 years, I feel like 97 is going to have a monster game.

Game 4 is where I think this series either shifts entirely or the Panthers lock it down. That's where I believe Florida gets the road split.
Yup... I agree with this. Edmonton will have the matchups and if Barkov is out... it could be tricky for Florida. With the unknown simply being Skinner. If he's not at least decent, Panthers can just try to hold on and hope Skinner wilts.

I think game 4 will ultimately be the key game. If the Panthers get up 3-1, they'll surely find a way to win one of the last 3. If it is 2-2, Edmonton will have to not wear down to snag 2 games.

Reactions: missionAvs

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Makar got suspended in the playoffs, so I guess Draisaitl might as well. As long as it's not the $5000 fine. That shit is so insulting to everyone. If you want to let someone off the hook, do so.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Makar got suspended in the playoffs, so I guess Draisaitl might as well. As long as it's not the $5000 fine. That shit is so insulting to everyone. If you want to let someone off the hook, do so.
If Drai doesn't get suspended its just more evidence that Bettman hates Canada. Only suspending Canadian players during playoffs. Despicable shit. Bettman shouldn't be allowed to step foot in Canada, even if he definitely loves Poutine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad