Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The reffing tonight was whatever, you could argue either way on the Stenlund delay of game non-call, the Leon call being a major or minor, ditto the Foegele knee, etc.

The one penalty that drove me nuts was the Bouchard slash. The audacity of the referees to call that on such a nothing love tap and let every other slash/cross check/punch to the face go tonight is what drives fans, and I'll bet players, insane.
It looked to me that the puck leaves Stenlund's stick in the neutral zone even though the motion started in the D-zone. So I think the no-call was the right call.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
But you’re saying attractive markets ensures success which is clearly far, far from the case. You have to start winning first, then you become a destination. When Florida starts losing again, they’ll struggle to attract players. Same with Tampa.
I can't wait for the Avs success to make us an attractive destination for free agents. :sarcasm:

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I don't think anyone can truly understand the meaning of "cope" until they have read the Oilers GDT. I was wondering if these two games had snapped them back to reality, but nope, nothing of the sort.
I followed their GDT for much of the game. Good lord. Other boards, and they can get downright gobsmacking world class whiney (incl here).. all pale in comparison to what I glanced through this eve over there.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I can't wait for the Avs success to make us an attractive destination for free agents. :sarcasm:
I know the sarcasm here… but the Avs have already got that bump with a few guys.

Winning makes places attractive. If a place is great beyond that, even more so. It isn’t the end all be all though.

IE people complained for years than San Jose got an advantage because players wanted to play in California. Well now they suck and not a peep about that anymore.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Florida got attractive when ERod joined them
I was going to say. After that second goal, when they came back from the TV timeout, they played that guy turns towards the camera player intro as a lead in to the ERod highlight package, and, well, good thing that guy is a multi millionaire

Reactions: the_fan

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Drai needs to be suspended. What a **** of **** league. Defend the stars and stop this elbowing. They have left Trouba fly his elbows forever and even gave him leadership award. **** You.

NHL is a joke.

Went to Oilers GTD and legit the first word I saw was "refs". You can't make this up.
Sadly I think losing Barkov could turn this series around but Edmonton doesn't deserve anything. Dirty **†**.

In a lot of ways, seeing the Oilers make it to the finals just to watch those dreams get absolutely demolished, is even better then watching them lose to Vancouver or Dallas in the rounds before.

This is great.
If Barkov starts to play like Rantanen after Rants was dingdonged by Edmonton, Florida will struggle. They need Barkov.

Reactions: Bender

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Not the smartest thing by Draisaitl. Florida is certainly a team that can respond in a similar way.

Reactions: Phil Raitt

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Not the smartest thing by Draisaitl. Florida is certainly a team that can respond in a similar way.
The NHL doesnt care or let this shit fly. So the players need to settle this on the ice.

You are going after our best player? Ok, we return the favor.....

Reactions: Phil Raitt

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Oilers are putting up just as little fight as expected. 1 5v5 goal the last four games when it means the most. Best team in the West!

Best thing I can say is that Oilers fans will have to live with the agony of getting all the way to the SCF and losing it. I wonder what that feels like.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I don't think anyone can truly understand the meaning of "cope" until they have read the Oilers GDT. I was wondering if these two games had snapped them back to reality, but nope, nothing of the sort.
They may be bad over there, but this group’s in-game GDTs are mind numbingly awful, and have been for years.

Those who live in glass houses, and all of that.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Florida has this in the bag. Tkachuk needs to tone down his antics he looks like a complete loser on the ice after what he pulled in Boston jumping around and then last night with Bouchard. Super lame and immature and he'll be remembered for this stuff forever. Be a champ not a chump.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I would be shocked if Draisaitl even got a fine, let alone a suspension. But that would cause a shitstorm so let's hope...

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
That Draisaitl elbow was sneaky dirty. I doubt he is suspended. I hope Barkov is alright. Let’s all hope for a sweep.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Best thing I can say is that Oilers fans will have to live with the agony of getting all the way to the SCF and losing it. I wonder what that feels like.

Too early to say this is over but it doesn't look good for the Oilers. With regards to what you mentioned above, this has always been my biggest fear watching sports.... watching the Avs lose in the finals. I think I would rather never see them even make the finals again if it meant a guarantee of them never losing in them lol. Still though, nothing sweeter than victory and you have to make the dance to have a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad