Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Florida is up 2-0 in the series while Tkachuk being a no show in both games

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Took them a long time to realize that they could use their market to attract players.

Man with all the recent cup winners + Dallas/Rags making it all the way to the conference finals this year market attractiveness is affecting the outcome like never before.
Weird how Florida's market significantly improved with good management and pro scouting....

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Funny what happens when the oilers face their first real test in the playoffs.

Nash and Van (without Demko) followed by Dallas who had nothing else in the tank.

I don't see this being a long and competitive series. Florida are too good and Edmonton and on borrowed time.

Reactions: katfude and Murzu

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Actually yes I have been there. It's been historically a great destination for UFA's.
Then you know central Texas is about as much of a destination as Iowa. :nod:

Winning means everything. If you win, you attract players. If you don't, then you don't.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
People seriously calling for a suspension on the Draisaitl hit? Come on, now. It was a penalty, sure, but a suspension?

We knew Florida would be better in game 2 and boy were they ever. 0 high danger chances for the Oilers at 5v5 and 1 the entire game all situations. Talk about a defensive clinic.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Then you know central Texas is about as much of a destination as Iowa. :nod:

Winning means everything. If you win, you attract players. If you don't, then you don't.
Fox, Panarin (and many others) clearly wanted to go to NY for their winning history. Especially since they were starting a rebuild at the time.

Again, if the Panthers are in Edmonton with the same owner and the same GM Tkachuk and Bob aren't there, that's 100% sure.

Those are facts, you can keep dancing around them but it's the truth. All the attractive markets are having success for a reason.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
People seriously calling for a suspension on the Draisaitl hit? Come on, now. It was a penalty, sure, but a suspension?

We knew Florida would be better in game 2 and boy were they ever. 0 high danger chances for the Oilers at 5v5 and 1 the entire game all situations. Talk about a defensive clinic.
He jumped and elbowed Barkov in the head. That should be a suspension.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don’t think Leon gets suspended for that in the SCF. I doubt even a role player would due to the stakes and certainly not a star.

Regardless, what a stupid and selfish play. Leaving your feet (slightly) to elbow an opposing player in the face with everyone watching. Bascially ended the game and any chance of a comeback right there.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't think anyone can truly understand the meaning of "cope" until they have read the Oilers GDT. I was wondering if these two games had snapped them back to reality, but nope, nothing of the sort.

Reactions: S E P H and katfude

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Fox, Panarin (and many others) clearly wanted to go to NY for their winning history. Especially since they were starting a rebuild at the time.

Again, if the Panthers are in Edmonton with the same owner and the same GM Tkachuk and Bob aren't there, that's 100% sure.

Those are facts, you can keep dancing around them but it's the truth. All the attractive markets are having success for a reason.
But you’re saying attractive markets ensures success which is clearly far, far from the case. You have to start winning first, then you become a destination. When Florida starts losing again, they’ll struggle to attract players. Same with Tampa.

Reactions: LOFIN

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He jumped and elbowed Barkov in the head. That should be a suspension.
We have seen way, way worse hits go unpunished. That's 2 minutes for elbowing in the NHL's version of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I'm not saying I liked the hit, but given what the NHL has chosen to suspend/not suspend that won't even get looked at.

It's always a bad look for the NHL when referees are the major talking point after any playoff game. The fact that the refs were abhorrent tonight is not a good look at all in the Finals of all series.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
We have seen way, way worse hits go unpunished. That's 2 minutes for elbowing in the NHL's version of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

I'm not saying I liked the hit, but given what the NHL has chosen to suspend/not suspend that won't even get looked at.

It's always a bad look for the NHL when referees are the major talking point after any playoff game. The fact that the refs were abhorrent tonight is not a good look at all in the Finals of all series.
Nah he full on launched himself at Barkov's head
1718079375187.png

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The reffing tonight was whatever, you could argue either way on the Stenlund delay of game non-call, the Leon call being a major or minor, ditto the Foegele knee, etc.

The one penalty that drove me nuts was the Bouchard slash. The audacity of the referees to call that on such a nothing love tap and let every other slash/cross check/punch to the face go tonight is what drives fans, and I'll bet players, insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad