Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
How many teams have come back from 2 games to start a series in the finals?
Even when the team doesn’t blow it completely, it’s rare for the team to even rally to tie after being down 2-0. Nashville is the most recent to do that but lost the next two after that and the Flyers in 2010 did the same thing.

Florida wins one of the next two and it’s over though. Theres been one 3-1 comeback in the Finals (that might’ve also been the 3-0 comeback)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Can't bring myself to cheer for a team that was built on the back of being in an attractive market.

If the Panthers are in Edmonton with the same owner and the same GM the Panthers don't even make the playoffs. They never get Tkachuk nor most of their UFA's on those AAV's (if at all).

They drafted 3 players on that lineup, come on.

Tampa, Tampa, Colorado, Vegas, Florida. Man we stick out like a sore thumb.

Reactions: obZen and 5280

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Even when the team doesn’t blow it completely, it’s rare for the team to even rally to tie after being down 2-0. Nashville is the most recent to do that but lost the next two after that and the Flyers in 2010 did the same thing.

Florida wins one of the next two and it’s over though. Theres been one 3-1 comeback in the Finals (that might’ve also been the 3-0 comeback)
Boston beat Vancouver in 2011 after being down 2-0. Same with Pitt over Detroit in 2009. It happens, but it is rare.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Can't bring myself to cheer for a team that was built on the back of being in an attractive market.

If the Panthers are in Edmonton with the same owner and the same GM the Panthers don't even make the playoffs. They never get Tkachuk nor most of their UFA's on those AAV's (if at all).

For MANY years Florida was anything but an attractive market. It is now because they are winning.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
Feel good for ERod. And Paul Maurice is the best coach interview in the league. Hard not to like the guy.

I'm good with Florida winning the Cup. Far and away, the best team this year. Oilers fans still think it's a Bettman conspiracy.

Incredible.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

How is Florida an attractive market? They've literally been one of the worst franchises in the league since they've exsisted.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
For MANY years Florida was anything but an attractive market. It is now because they are winning.
Took them a long time to realize that they could use their market to attract players.

Man with all the recent cup winners + Dallas/Rags making it all the way to the conference finals this year market attractiveness is affecting the outcome like never before.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Took them a long time to realize that they could use their market to attract players.

Man with all the recent cup winners + Dallas/Rags making it all the way to the conference finals this year market attractiveness is affecting the outcome like never before.
Have you ever been to Dallas?

Reactions: katfude

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad