Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I actually think the Oilers will slap the Panthers around in game 3. First SCF game on home ice in 18 years, I feel like 97 is going to have a monster game.

Game 4 is where I think this series either shifts entirely or the Panthers lock it down. That's where I believe Florida gets the road split.

If Barkov is out, yes, I think that will happen.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It's funny I actually think HFAvs is the least biased team forum I've ever posted on. You have a ton of biased fans but most places are 90%. This board seems to have lots in the middle and lots of posters who just seem like hockey fans overall.

You get more pushback if you criticize another player than trashing Rants. For every 10 posters that whine about the refs there's 10 more who not only disagree but complain about it. Edmonton fans it's like 80% lol zero Oiler fans would be cheering for the Avs right now where we got a few here who are for sure.
I’d agree for the most part. GDT’s can be kind of a nightmare for a few reasons, but there’s plenty of bias there which is fine and makes sense for a GDT.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Guys. You aren't going to believe who the Oiler fans are blaming for last night's loss 😂
That guy that lives so rent free in their heads they need to advertise their hatred with a decal on the back window of their pavement princess lifted dodge ram? That would somehow be a refreshing change of pace from the tired refs/bettman trope

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Only bad thing about Florida winning is that they'll likely hold onto those terrible Army uniforms instead of reverting to their classics like they should.
You liked the leaping panther more? I mean, I completely agree the current uniform is a direct ripoff of the owners' old military unit badge. But it's a much more modern look than the VERY 90s leaping panther with claws. What I really want is for their retro2.0 jersey's to become their thirds. They are delightful in only a way Miami could pull off....

The New Florida Panthers Reverse Retro Leaked?

[edit...I was looking into some of their alternates and one off's. This is the jersey celebrating their 30th year in the league. Kind of a combination of the old leaping panther logo with the retro reverse...Too busy for a kid to scribble on the cover of their world history book in 6th grade, but in the digital age, I doubt anyone will care.]

Close up of the jersey logo on a red jersey.It shows the Leaping Cat head inside the stick and palm logo.

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Those Panther retro reverse with the light blue as the main color are so nice looking. Reminds me of Bombay when he played for the Waves in Mighty Ducks 2
It kind of screams inline hockey too me if any inline hockey teams had even an ounce of restraint with jersey designs. *LOL* Holy cow the rec league stuff I've seen in Florida makes the one off's the ECHL teams do look like works of absolute high class art.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
They may be bad over there, but this group’s in-game GDTs are mind numbingly awful, and have been for years.

Those who live in glass houses, and all of that.
It's a different flavor of awful. We're arch pessimists who think the sky is falling every time we lose a faceoff. Edmonton is insufferable because they think the Oilers are god's gift and the only reason they could ever lose is because the refs screwed them and the other team flops. They can't comprehend that Florida is just several levels better as a team, the entitlement is galling.

Reactions: HockeyFan100

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I think this board has had a few naturally pessimistic/sarcastic posters going back for a long, long time.

Hwever, the decade of suck (2006/07-2016/17) turned the overall tone on the Avs section here to more of a gallows-style of humor. It's very dark humor.

Then 2016-17 (the final year of the said decade) happened and that season changed us all and absolutely broke some. Some watched a lot less hockey than normal or watched other games around the league. But those absolute complete madmen and women that joined me for all 82 games were truly changed in ways small and large. That kind of love you have for a team to cheer for them in the last game of that season...that's either true Agape-style love or perhaps a very troubling sign of co-dependency.

Even a Stanley Cup Championship hasn't been able to break that deep level of macabre thinking that developed.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Draisaitl has 4 points in his last 8 games. 4 in 6 games against Dallas, nothing in 2 games against Florida. The only reason Oilers got passed Dallas is because I was right all along that the Stars are overrated. I guess since Draisaitl can’t score, he tries to help the team other ways by injuring the opposition’s best player.

Last edited:

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I mean... just look here. When you combine the last 5 years the Avs are 1st in the league with +158 net penalties (38 more than #2)... and yet there is near constant complaining about the refs hating on the Avs and the Avs deserve even more power plays.
Not that I think the Avs should get even more PPs than any other teams because IMO reffing is equally bad on both side. Sometimes it is against us, sometimes it is in our favor. It really often depends who is in the lead. With that said both the bolded could be true. When a team plays with a lot of speed like the Avs do the odds are they will get a lot more PPs than the opponents because they will try to slow them down by hooking, interfering, etc.

But I agree that this board also complains a lot about refs.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Draisaitl has 4 points in his last 8 games. 4 in 6 games against Dallas, nothing in 2 games against Florida. The only reason Oilers got passed Dallas is because I was right all along that the Stars are overrated. I guess since Draisaitl can’t score, he tries to help the team other ways by injuring the opposition’s best player.

Dallas also got the absolute shit kicked out of them trying to contain Vegas and Colorado for 13 games plus some OTs. They had nothing left in the tank vs the Loilers and still managed to win 2 games

Oilers beat a team that shouldn't have even made the playoffs, a team without their starting goalie, and a team that was gassed. One of the easiest runs to a Cup final we're ever likely to see, and they still struggled to get there. The writing was on the wall from the start

Reactions: SB and Zolik37

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Dallas also got the absolute shit kicked out of them trying to contain Vegas and Colorado for 13 games plus some OTs. They had nothing left in the tank vs the Loilers and still managed to win 2 games

Oilers beat a team that shouldn't have even made the playoffs, a team without their starting goalie, and a team that was gassed. One of the easiest runs to a Cup final we're ever likely to see, and they still struggled to get there. The writing was on the wall from the start
Florida had to go though Tampa, Boston, NY to make the finals. That’s a similar tough path as Dallas had

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If I had to guess, I would say Makar's offside (on-side) goal from the 2022 conference finals ?
They still cry about that to this day. Its amazing. They make it seem like that goal was a Game 7 OT clinching goal.

Florida had to go though Tampa, Boston, NY to make the finals. That’s a similar tough path as Dallas had
Went through Vasi, Swayman and Shesterkin is wild.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Meh, they played who was put in front of them. They didn't pick their route.

We played a dog shit Nashville squad, a Blues squad without their starting goaltender, and an Oilers squad that clearly didn't belong in the WCF before playing a Tampa squad in the SCF which had the most games under their belt the previous 3 seasons. Our route wasn't any more difficult than theirs and some might even say it was easier.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Not that I think the Avs should get even more PPs than any other teams because IMO reffing is equally bad on both side. Sometimes it is against us, sometimes it is in our favor. It really often depends who is in the lead. With that said both the bolded could be true. When a team plays with a lot of speed like the Avs do the odds are they will get a lot more PPs than the opponents because they will try to slow them down by hooking, interfering, etc.

But I agree that this board also complains a lot about refs.
The problem is the refs eventually quit calling the hooking, interference or obstruction. They just don't want to call that many penalties against the same team if if warranted. Officiating in the NHL is a complete joke with zero accountability. The only way you can tell who the NHL views as a their better refs is that they are supposedly the ones left working for the finals.

Reactions: AllAboutAvs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad