Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
You love that shit and you know it.
I'm not sure what actually turned me into a cat person, my wife or living near a dog kennel for a couple of years. Those f***ers are howling at all hours and like I said, the smell at breakup was majestically malodorous in a magnificently malevolent manner.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm not sure what actually turned me into a cat person, my wife or living near a dog kennel for a couple of years. Those f***ers are howling at all hours and like I said, the smell at breakup was majestically malodorous in a magnificently malevolent manner.
"Your wife or girlfriend" is the only answer there ever is to this question, and you know it.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Oh boy. We're cycling currently in Florida, tomorrow from Panama City to Tallahassee. Hopefully the weather gets better when we get closer to Miami..
I was just in Panama City a few weeks ago!

Every place has its ups and downs. I'm biased, but Colorado has probably the "mildest" weather when it comes to North America, but even then there are some pitfalls.
Try living in the plains and having to worry about tornadoes all summer

• Love
Reactions: Murzu

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I was just in Panama City a few weeks ago!

Try living in the plains and having to worry about tornadoes all summer
Oh I'm in Nebraska, bro. A twister ripped up all kinds of shit just north of us. First time the sirens were going since I moved here 13 years ago and it WAS NOT just a drill/test.

Even thunderstorms are way more eventful here than they ever were in Colorado.

Reactions: The Moops

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Depends on where you are. I always lived a few miles from the ocean and the weather was near perfect 80% of the time. If you are in the Valley, then that's a climate hellscape. Actually, it just gets incrementally worse and worse the farther you get from the ocean.
I’m not near the beach and not in the Valley, but I am closer to the Valley. I wish i lived near the beach because that’s the best place to live in LA. Would love to live in Manhattan Beach. That’s where many Kings players lived or still living there

Reactions: Gumballhead

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's pretty crazy how much mountains/hills help. Here in Lincoln we don't get hit nearly as hard by the weather as Omaha just an hour away. They get nailed with everything the Great Plains has to offer, but since we're kinda nestled in a valley it (for the most part) passes right over us.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Oh I'm in Nebraska, bro. A twister ripped up all kinds of shit just north of us. First time the sirens were going since I moved here 13 years ago and it WAS NOT just a drill/test.

Even thunderstorms are way more eventful here than they ever were in Colorado.
Honestly I have fond memories of the sirens and the storms. I don't get anything like it now that I'm in the mountains. Kinda sad my kids will never get to experience them.

Although on the other hand, they'll never have to be stuck at school for 3 hours in the hall like this because a tornado just touched down a few blocks away...

1718297701538.png

• Wow
Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Honestly I have fond memories of the sirens and the storms. I don't get anything like it now that I'm in the mountains. Kinda sad my kids will never get to experience them.

Although on the other hand, they'll never have to be stuck at school for 3 hours in the hall like this because a tornado just touched down a few blocks away...

View attachment 882195
Oof. Never experienced this as a kid in Colorado obviously. I guess mine get to once they're school-age!

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Did this is the 70s as a nuke raid drill.

In the 80s they updated it and had us sit under our desks, I guess the thought process being that it would make anything left a little easier to identify by keeping it close to your known desk area.

Reactions: Gumballhead

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's obviously a slash but also an insane call to make in the SCF. I honestly can't believe it was called.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Can I hear it again how Bouchard is better than Makar? The guy is total liability defensively it’s not even funny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad