Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Moneypuck has spoken

It's Vegas in 55.86% which, ipso facto, a sweep for Vegas.

1685466485346.png

Reactions: violaswallet

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
I still don't know how florida is doing this but Vegas has the depth to rival a Boston and that series went 7. So i'm gonna say Vegas in 7.

blue_n_copper

Nov 30, 2006
It doesn't make any sense, Vegas have been the superior team all season, and have looked great in the playoffs....but I took Florida in six. I just think only a fool would bet against Florida right now. They seem to be a team of destiny.

EverTheCynic

May 26, 2022
Vegas in 6

Want both these teams to win.

Stone and Pietrangelo are 2 of my favorite players. Really wanna see Stone get the cup, guy deserves it. Cassidy really won me over, think he's a great coach.

Florida and Vancouver have like a kinship with one another. They gave us Luongo and Bertuzzi, we gave them Bure. We've been trade partners on big deals for the past 20+ years. Plus, they got a young exciting team. Fun to watch.

There's no loser in this series as a neutral fan. Go.... both teams I guess?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Interesting. According to the polls Vegas has been the dog in every single round. Just like in this one: „Garçon, serve some crow to table 3, please.“

Vegas in 7
I have picked Vegas in each of their series so far.

This SCF is as close to a 50/50 matchup as I’ve seen all playoffs (provided Bob remains stellar).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Thinking Vegas is the favourite.

They have Carolina like defense while having clearly better forward group.

Goaltending is really untested so far for them

• Wow
Reactions: FLpanthers16

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
I'd like to see Vegas win the Cup. While Florida has a decisive edge in goaltending, Vegas has the advantage at both forward and defense and are a much deeper team than Florida.

Carolina's problem wasn't that they weren't getting their scoring opportunities, their problem was that they couldn't finish because of two reasons: (1) Bobrovsky was lights-out all series, and (2) there was an inherent lack of finishing ability on that Carolina team. Vegas has much better scoring ability than does Carolina, and some of their better players are coming into the series hot (Karlsson, Marchessault, Barbashev). I also think Vegas's "checking line" (the Karlsson line) has been playing really well and should be able to match up effectively against the Bennett line. Vegas can match up the Eichel line against the Barkov line, and still has the Stephenson and Roy lines available to take advantage of what should be favourable matchups against Florida's 3rd line (which is pretty good, particularly Reinhart) and 4th line (haven't been playing much). Vegas's 4th line was one of the deciding factors last night with their forechecking ability. Florida just doesn't have that kind of depth.

Vegas's back end is well-positioned I think to withstand Florida's forecheck. Again, another deep group and all 6 D-men can really play.

I'm fairly neutral, with a slight preference for Vegas. I think Vegas takes this in 6, maybe 7 games. It should be a good series, and I'm looking forward to it.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The focus of potential regression is on Bob. Florida’s been on a PP heater this entire time too; it’s at 34.4% since Game 5 of the Boston series. If that cools off, as they often do, can Florida’s pedestrian 5v5 scoring compensate? Regular season says yes, but Vegas has been getting great defensive results so far.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Florida is doing Florida things and Vegas doing Vegas things.
But when Vegas is the Team who should be win the Cup, we faced this 3 times before and here we are. So this might be the best thing that can happen for us.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Would be amazing if we could win the SC after all these years of pain for us loyal Cats fans who has stuck by the team over all these years. May the best team win VGK, and good luck. Hoping for an exciting SC final!

Go Cats Go!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Vegas in 6

Want both these teams to win.

Stone and Pietrangelo are 2 of my favorite players. Really wanna see Stone get the cup, guy deserves it. Cassidy really won me over, think he's a great coach.

Florida and Vancouver have like a kinship with one another. They gave us Luongo and Bertuzzi, we gave them Bure. We've been trade partners on big deals for the past 20+ years. Plus, they got a young exciting team. Fun to watch.

There's no loser in this series as a neutral fan. Go.... both teams I guess?
Plus you have Dale Tallon on the payroll

But then that also supports both teams.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
IF Vegas can beat us 4 times, you better believe they will have earned it.

I think game 1 will be a big statement opportunity for the Cats.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Vegas is the closest team to Florida that Florida is facing these playoffs.

If you look at the stats these teams have very similar numbers so far... except that Vegas is scoring more at ES. Granted, the Panthers have probably had the toughest path to get here, but still.

That’s kind of the way I feel about this series. Two very evenly matched teams, but Florida is finally facing a team that can take advantage of their opportunities and kind of give a taste of their own medicine. Vegas has solid depth both up front and on the back-end.

At the end of the day, one team is icing a roster over the salary cap and one team had millions of dead cap. It’s got to show somewhere and this really should be the Knights time to win.

Which is just a reminder how good the Panthers can be moving forward. It was supposed to be a year to forget until they free up more money to spend.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
What is the LV fan base like? Honnest Q. Is there a big local base of support that sort of topped up by tourists transmitting through and bandwagonning? Is there a regional or even national base of support from folks that have some sort of attachment to the city? Will a bunch of SCFs attendees be there on free tickets? I know so little about what surrounds this team.
VGK is a badge of pride more than anything else for anyone with a connection to Las Vegas. For the longest time people outside the area acted like the people who lived there must be heathens since they allowed sports betting. To finally get a major league team in any sport was a defining moment so even if you weren't a hockey fan it was something to rally around. Yeah October 1 made it even more so but the city jelled around it to where now you see VGK logo everywhere. Most people who have a connection to the city weren't born there but once you have spent time there it stays with you and that's why it remains a well supported local team even with all the MFing Oakland teams trying to steal the spotlight.

Reactions: ChanceVegas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad