Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Vegas has made big moves en route to multiple appearances in the final four. It was only a matter of time before everything came together and they were able to get back to the SCF. Florida is riding the momentum, but Vegas has the experience in spades. Yes, the Panthers won't be an easy out, but the Knights have looked REALLY good at times.

I'm going with the Knights in 5, albeit close, games.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
DeBoer is actually really good friend of Maurice. There is good chance, that Panthers will get valuable information of beating knights. I think Vegas is favourite though. That team is so deep in every position with star power in Eichel and co.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
DeBoer is actually really good friend of Maurice. There is good chance, that Panthers will get valuable information of beating knights. I think Vegas is favourite though. That team is so deep in every position with star power in Eichel and co.
There is no secret information anymore in this age of video. Besides PDB did nothing but suppress a lot of potential offense with his rigid system and just like always had a nice first year bump. Give it another year and Dallas fans will be asking was he the right choice as coach, same as it has been in all his other stops. Funny he keeps Steve Spott around always, most useless assistant ever.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
There is no secret information anymore in this age of video. Besides PDB did nothing but suppress a lot of potential offense with his rigid system and just like always had a nice first year bump. Give it another year and Dallas fans will be asking was he the right choice as coach, same as it has been in all his other stops. Funny he keeps Steve Spott around always, most useless assistant ever.
This might be mostly correct, but there could be more information behind the scenes.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Vegas needs to take advantage of Florida's long layoff. Teams who had a long layoff almost always come out slow. It's very hard on players when playing a game every 48 hours and then all of a sudden you're not playing for 10 days. It kills their rythym.

Florida needs a split in Vegas even if they need time to get back up to speed.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
2nd finals appearance for both teams. We'll have a 1st time Cup winner. After this series there will be 11 teams without a Cup.
As a Canuck fan I disrespectfully hate for you to bring this up.....just saying.

Took Vegas in 6 but there have been a ton of surprises this year so who really freaking knows.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
GP VGK 17 FLA 16
All situations GF VGK 62 FLA 50 GA VGK 45 FLA 43
5v5 GF VGK 48 FLA 33 GA VGK 23 FLA 25

Neither team is especially strong in xGF% or CF%.
Knights need to keep their foot on the gas when they get a lead, they let a team like Florida hang around in games and I could see that going badly for them.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Looks like a few people are underestimating Vegas here.

They have one of the few goaltenders who has been almost, or just as good as Bobrovsky these playoffs.
Hill has a .937sv% in 11 games, Bobrovsky has a .935sv% in 14 games.

They are also the highest scoring team this postseason with 62 goals and 45 GA.
Panthers in comparison have scored 50 goals and given up 43.

The main edge Panthers have is in special teams but its not a big one.
Panthers have the 6th most successful PP and ranked 13th for PK..

Vegas is 9th in PP% and 15th In PK%! (Seriously, what the f*** Vegas, our PK is atrocious lmao..)

Never thought we'd face a team with a worse PK than ours in the final but here we are.

All things considered, it looks to be a pretty even matchup.

Last edited:

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Florida takes it in 7 if Bob keeps the shield up but boy this Vegas team is a really really good team. It can go either way.

Vegas is far deeper in all areas and it’s not even close. Vegas bottom 6 kill Floridas bottom 6 and it’s not even close.
There should be 4 OT games. At least.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023

They have one of the few goaltenders who has been almost, or just as good as Bobrovsky these playoffs.

Vegas in 9th in PP% and 15th In PK%! (Seriously, what the f*** Vegas, our PK is atrocious lmao..)

Never thought we'd face a team with a worse PK than ours in the final but here we are.

FWIW, the PK stats got a bit warped from the Edmonton series.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Vegas needs to take advantage of Florida's long layoff. Teams who had a long layoff almost always come out slow. It's very hard on players when playing a game every 48 hours and then all of a sudden you're not playing for 10 days. It kills their rythym.

Florida needs a split in Vegas even if they need time to get back up to speed.

Has it ever happened before a final though (10 days rest)?

Going back into action after a long rest to play the SC final is not the same thing as doing it in February for a meaningless game.

They are pros and are obviously very excited to play this series. I'm not worried at tall. They'll do what they have to do and be ready.

And if they lose this series, it will have nothing to do with the 10 days rest.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC

Vegas in 9th in PP% and 15th In PK%! (Seriously, what the f*** Vegas, our PK is atrocious lmao..)

Panthers faced better teams though. Even Toronto. I know we all like to laugh at them, but I wouldn't want the Panthers to play them again. If Panthers had to play another series against Boston and Carolina, they probably both again. To be honest, I'd be a little bit scared to play Toronto again.

But yeah, pretty even matchup I think.

Reactions: Felidae

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
It's really nice to have two teams who've never won the Cup go at it. It gives everything a real nice sort of excitement. I've always loved the Cats but I wouldn't mind if Pietrangelo hoisted the Cup just to show how badly Doug Armstrong is screwing the pooch right now. Yeah Army, we'd much prefer Torey Fuggin Krug instead. Idiot.

• Love
Reactions: MaWa and BlueKnight

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Vegas is 9th in PP% and 15th In PK%! (Seriously, what the f*** Vegas, our PK is atrocious lmao..)

Vegas' numbers are a bit skewed going up against the most potent powerplay of all time, but still, yeah. It's pretty baffling that Vegas is generally strong at defending 5 on 5 but are dramatically worse in a shorthanded situation. One of the few spots where Cassidy's VGK are weaker than their predecessors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad