Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I’ve been rooting for Florida since they took out my Bruins, but after the Heat took out the Celtics last night I just kinda remembered I hate the state of Florida, what it stands for and everything in it (unless it’s inside the district formerly known as Reedy Creek).

Kidding aside, I do think Cassidy will get his team to play a smart, safe and simple game against Florida, but with more offensive skill than Carolina could muster. Vegas in six.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Florida takes it in 7 if Bob keeps the shield up but boy this Vegas team is a really really good team. It can go either way.

Vegas is far deeper in all areas and it’s not even close. Vegas bottom 6 kill Floridas bottom 6 and it’s not even close.

That’s two “not even closes” in the same paragraph, to the box for two minutes.

Vegas is for sure a strong team, not remotely going to take anything away from them and I’m nervous, but Slavin and Burns were deployed against the Bennett-Tkachuk line and Barkov stepped up as did Duke and Verhaeghe. The 3rd is solid, Reino-Lundell-Listerine all play a strong forechecking game and have good speed as well. The 4th line is a weak point, just need them to not cave in. Bennett will still run their guys as will Gudas.

Two similar styles of play also.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_4375.jpeg

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I’ve been rooting for Florida since they took out my Bruins, but after the Heat took out the Celtics last night I just kinda remembered I hate the state of Florida, what it stands for and everything in it (unless it’s inside the district formerly known as Reedy Creek).

Kidding aside, I do think Cassidy will get his team to play a smart, safe and simple game against Florida, but with more offensive skill than Carolina could muster. Vegas in six.

Maybe you can help me out here, but who did Cassidy coach last year? I believe it was the Bruins, right? ;)

Here is to hoping the Panthers can add a former BOSTON coach to their, and the Heats, kill list!

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
On paper, Boston is a better team in all positions than Vegas and Florida handled them no problem.
Yeah I’d hesitate to say that Florida handled Boston “no problem”. Boston imploded and Ullmark was either hurt or imploded himself. Doubt that’ll happen with Vegas. But it’s all about Bob. If he stays in God-mode Florida wins. If not then Vegas wins. Although Florida seems like a team of destiny. But so did Boston.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
What is the LV fan base like? Honnest Q. Is there a big local base of support that sort of topped up by tourists transmitting through and bandwagonning? Is there a regional or even national base of support from folks that have some sort of attachment to the city? Will a bunch of SCFs attendees be there on free tickets? I know so little about what surrounds this team.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Awesome finals!!

What is the LV fan base like? Honnest Q. Is there a big local base of support that sort of topped up by tourists transmitting through and bandwagonning? Is there a regional or even national base of support from folks that have some sort of attachment to the city? Will a bunch of SCFs attendees be there on free tickets? I know so little about what surrounds this team.
I mean believe it or not people live there and the greater las vegas region has as much population as many teams around the NHL. Apparently the team is super hot and very popular over there, for how long? we will see but it seems to be a success

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Yeah I forgot about that one, that's definitely the most recent one. Before that, it would be the 2012 Kings correct?

Honestly I thought it was a bigger deal, I thought you'd have to go back like 20-30 years to find a matchup like this.

2012 Kings played Devils, who won cup before... Previous finals between 2 teams that never won (pre 2018) were 2007 (OTT/ANA), 1999 (DAL/BUF) and 1996 (FLA/COL)...

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
The Panthers beat the Hurricanes in 5. Vegas isn't as good as the Hurricanes. Tkachuk and Bob are playing way too good. Panthers win in 5.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This is going to be a good series. I have no idea who is going to take it but I am leaning Florida.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Gut feel says Vegas.

Same gut feel that called Panthers win over Boston.

Though to be fair my gut feel barely hits .500.

Nice to see some fresh contenders.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Last time I was in town the wife in, I think, March and we did a little unscientific survey. Around 8% of the cars we encountered on an errand run had VGK license plates. More with stickers/plate frames and no plates.

About 3x as many VGK license plates as Raiders.

Again, unscientific and my house is like a mile from the VGK head office. The hype is big and has been since year 1.

Outside of Vegas I’ve met a few people with Knights stuff on and they’re usually from Vegas or transited through town, hit a game, and fell in love. Arena experience can probably convert most first time attendees or casual fans of other teams.

Reactions: Karl Eriksson

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Thanks Stars for winning two and setting up my preferred travel schedule. Looking forward to booing Reilly Smith in person since he apparently struggled to notice the fans during his stint here.
It was funny lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad