Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Re the time off, Barkov is hurt, Lustar is hurt, it'll do them good. Bobrovsky had 3 weeks off before he started vs Boston, he's traditionally played well rested. That +his age, I see it as a win. Avs had 9 days off last year before the finals and won pretty easily.

Re: last finals where 2 teams haven't won, this is the 1st since 2018 Caps/Vegas. Before that:

'07-Ducks/Sens
'99-Stars/Sabres
'96-Avs/Panthers

don't feel like going back further lol too lazy.
Yeah, Florida has multiple injuries and Bobrovsky went 29 days between starts last month, but these 10 days off are going to kill them? Lame excuse.

behemolari

öh¨ns-ä
Dec 1, 2011
This is first time Panthers are favourites and it will turn against them, Bob hot streak must be come down sooner or later. I have picked Panthers in 7 every time and do it again, but this is a toss up really

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
2018: Vegas makes finals against former Southeast Division team making their second appearance in the finals after first appearing in the 90s and getting swept.

2023: Vegas makes finals against former Southeast Division team making their second appearance in the finals after first appearing in the 90s and getting swept.
You can also add that Caps and Cats both won the president's trophy the season before.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If Karlsson and Pietrangelo can contain Tkachuk, Florida stands no chance. I don’t see Barkov kicking it up into high gear, he’s been pretty underwhelming. Florida is here because of two players, Bob and Tkachuk.

Only played 6 minutes in game 3 due to injury

PoMo also said it was related to the Quad overtime and Barkov taking 60+ faceoffs

Buddy also uses smelling salts on his eyes.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Really has to warm your heart to see a team like Vegas, whose fans have had it so rough, back in the finals.
Honestly I don't hate their team or their fans to be honest. I tip my cap to their GM and scouts for building such a team.

Florida takes it in 7 if Bob keeps the shield up but boy this Vegas team is a really really good team. It can go either way.

Vegas is far deeper in all areas and it’s not even close. Vegas bottom 6 kill Floridas bottom 6 and it’s not even close.
Yes this will be tough to predict but if Bob plays like he has and Tkatchuk plays like he has, Florida can win it in 6 or 7. If the break cooled off Bob then Vegas could win it. It all depends on which Bob shows up for the final because Vegas has better depth on D while their offensive depth is a wash.

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
As some others have said, this is in the hands of Bobrovsky. If he keeps on playing well, the Panthers will win for sure. They seem unstoppable.

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
Yeah I forgot about that one, that's definitely the most recent one. Before that, it would be the 2012 Kings correct?

Honestly I thought it was a bigger deal, I thought you'd have to go back like 20-30 years to find a matchup like this.

No, you asked about the previous finals between two teams who’d never won a Stanley Cup, and the 2012 Kings were up against the Devils who had won cups in 1995, 2000 and 2003.

2007 Ducks win over Senators
1999 Stars win over Sabres
1996 Avs win over Panthers
1991 Pens win over North Stars

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
We'll see how the week and a half off, affected the Panthers.
Bob is the obvious big one that can end the serie before it really gets going.

On the other side you have Adin Hill looking solid and W.Karlsson heating up and looking like the 2018 version who scored 43 goals and absolutely destroyed the league plusminus.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Vegas might have the better depth, but the high end talent is not above what the Panthers have. Vegas has also not played against a team that forechecks the way the Panthers do, or regardless of their lower pairing Dmen, the way they defend. They are relentless and hit everything. On one hand, the Panthers will be the toughest opponent Vegas has faced, while on the other hand, Vegas will not be the best team the Panthers have faced.

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Hfboards fandom isn’t everything.
Yeah expecting a team that only came into existence when the age of internet forums is long long long past its prime to have tons of fans on an internet forum is an interesting take, most Vegas fans are on reddit or other such places, personally I'll never understand it, forums are far superior they just are no longer hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad