Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Do you really think a game thats tied for 50 minutes isnt close? It was. Probably too busy making awful ref jokes to watch.
No one said the game wasn't closely played for most of it. Would you call 5-2 a close score? Funny you remember my awful jokes but not me stating many times that Florida was clearly the better team for the first fifteen minutes of that game.

And yeah it takes all of ten seconds to make fun of ref gripers and in the time in between I saw a pretty well matched game with Vegas having the slight better of the play in the second and a pretty full on collapse by Florida in the third. Vegas lost game 7 against San Jose by one goal. I'd still call it losing badly. What happened before that disastrous penalty kill (which for completeness' sake was Vegas comfortably cruising with a 3-0 lead) is utterly irrelevant to it being a bad loss. Those 10 minutes are all it takes to cause one loss which could be a core component of a championship loss. Hence the question. So...cool sassy response I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: VivaLasVegas

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If Vegas does that on the verge of winning the cup it would be an incredibly dirtbag thing to do.
Yeah I'd prefer if they took the high road. The Florida players on the ice at the end of the game embarrassed themselves plenty. No need to stoop to that level. Being in the wrong end of the handshake would hurt them plenty.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
if/when florida gets eliminated, i truly hope the curse of the runnerup continues and they miss the playoffs next year
Tampa made it this year, so…what?

And we aren’t missing next year. Zito will just offload deadweight and add to the team. Nice post tho.

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
If this doesn’t end on Tuesday I’ll be shocked.

We’re too beat up, too frustrated, and too distracted from the goal. Vegas has played really strongly all series and they’ve done a masterful job of baiting our players into taking stupid penalties and capitalizing on their chances.

Using the refs as an excuse for us losing is wrong. They’ve been awful but we’d still deserve to be down 3-1. It’s frustrating but again we can’t score on the power plays we get so that’s not gonna help much.

We were on paper a vastly weaker team against all four of our opponents. We had to go against the top teams in the entire league the whole way and sadly it looks like our time is finally coming to an end. It is what it is.

I’m proud of our team and what they’ve done. Call us losers, dirtbags, I don’t care. This was an awesome run and I’m proud of them. Bolster the team in the offseason and go for it again next year.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

We’re too beat up, too frustrated, and too distracted from the goal. Vegas has played really strongly all series and they’ve done a masterful job of baiting our players into taking stupid penalties and capitalizing on their chances.

Using the refs as an excuse for us losing is wrong. They’ve been awful but we’d still deserve to be down 3-1. It’s frustrating but again we can’t score on the power plays we get so that’s not gonna help much.

We were on paper a vastly weaker team against all four of our opponents. We had to go against the top teams in the entire league the whole way and sadly it looks like our time is finally coming to an end. It is what it is.

I’m proud of our team and what they’ve done. Call us losers, dirtbags, I don’t care. This was an awesome run and I’m proud of them. Bolster the team in the offseason and go for it again next year.
I really don’t think Vegas had to use bait on the hook. Florida went over the edge pretty quickly and to Vegas’ credit, they’ve let them screw themselves

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada

Not too shabby for a No. 8 seed that all the geniuses here had written off back in March. Not too shabby indeed.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
This series has highlighted a glaring weakness on D. The Cats need another wo-way, top for defender.

Going to be challenging to win in Vegas, down 3-1, not impossible.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Panthers are like a shrodingers horse. You dont know if the horse u beat are dead or alive. Will not rule them out even now.

Reactions: Laus723

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Yeah I'd prefer if they took the high road. The Florida players on the ice at the end of the game embarrassed themselves plenty. No need to stoop to that level. Being in the wrong end of the handshake would hurt them plenty.
so what you're saying is that not giving them a respectful handshake is worth more than the beating a few of them deserve

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
if the Panthers were relatively healthy, maybe they could have won game 5 and lose it in 6.

But at this point, I’d be shocked if Vegas doesn’t win game 5 by less than 4 goals.

I think it’s going to get ugly for the Panthers and it’s going to be a sad way to end their playoffs run.

But Vegas is the better team and Panthers have so many keys players injuried. I know Vegas is not 100% too, no team is at this this point. But they’re probably more healthy than the Panthers.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
so what you're saying is that not giving them a respectful handshake is worth more than the beating a few of them deserve
No I mean losing the Stanley Cup would haunt them all summer. Same goes for Vegas if they lose. Idk. I thought the way the Panthers acted at the end of Game 4 was pretty pathetic. I don't think Vegas needs to emulate that just to get even. If Vegas wins that will be more satisfying than any physical scuffle.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
No I mean losing the Stanley Cup would haunt them all summer. Same goes for Vegas if they lose. Idk. I thought the way the Panthers acted at the end of Game 4 was pretty pathetic. I don't think Vegas needs to emulate that just to get even. If Vegas wins that will be more satisfying than any physical scuffle.
I'm not sure it would haunt them. They were an 8th seed who were outmatched and outclassed in the finals. The "we weren't supposed to be here" spin would ease their sting. Maybe if they lose in 7th game but getting blown out in 5 if it happens to me is cause to show them who's boss while rubbing their nose in it. Just my old school mentality

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I'm not sure it would haunt them. They were an 8th seed who were outmatched and outclassed in the finals. The "we weren't supposed to be here" spin would ease their sting. Maybe if they lose in 7th game but getting blown out in 5 if it happens to me is cause to show them who's boss while rubbing their nose in it. Just my old school mentality
I don't imagine the Panthers feel that way. And regardless, getting this close and failing has to be hard. It sucks ass as a fan so I can only imagine how it feels for the players.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I don't imagine the Panthers feel that way. And regardless, getting this close and failing has to be hard. It sucks ass as a fan so I can only imagine how it feels for the players.
Fair enough but the amount of stick work and after the whistle cheap shotting, especially by Tkachuk I feel warrants a return

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I'm a little shocked there isn't more talk of if Tkachuk should get suspended.

Maybe I am in looking In the wrong place? I only see Petro being talked about and the rulebook says illegal not legal.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad