Stanley Cup Finals: (WC2) Florida Panthers vs (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | VGK Lead 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I put in my deposit for tickets two years before they played so should be eight. Not to mention that was the time when the rest of the country said FU to Las Vegas having major league teams because of stupid myths about people in a city of over 2 million. I think those years when Las Vegas deserved a team but got refused should count as well. Yeah fans of teams that can't get it done in the playoffs can whine about a long wait but doesn't suck as much as having to fly somewhere or drive 5 hours to watch any games.

CJV123

Feb 4, 2010
I put in my deposit for tickets two years before they played so should be eight. Not to mention that was the time when the rest of the country said FU to Las Vegas having major league teams because of stupid myths about people in a city of over 2 million. I think those years when Las Vegas deserved a team but got refused should count as well. Yeah fans of teams that can't get it done in the playoffs can whine about a long wait but doesn't suck as much as having to fly somewhere or drive 5 hours to watch any games.
The "FU" had nothing to do with the population and everything to do with gambling.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I'm sorry but you are being either utterly ridiculous or a total drama queen over this. Which is it? There is a MASSIVE difference between being indifferent and being hateful. Las Vegas is the ultimate someone is from anywhere but here town, why would people care what you like? They may not like it or share your love for it but saying they hate you is absolutely ridiculous. I lived through the Wranglers years and yeah a lot of people had no clue there was a hockey team in town for most of their existence. Never met someone who said I hate hockey or can't stand it during those conversations. They just didn't care.
It's the new millennium. Everyone hates us. And besides, who cares what anyone else thinks of us anyway

Panthers deserve to get absolutely smacked next game, what a disgraceful response to going down 3-1. Tkachuk especially with the stickwork. Deserves to take a stick to the mouth in game 5.
That's why he won't play under the guise of "I hurt my little shoulder:

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Vegas is a deeper team with more depth and better overall players, but most importantly they’re healthy compared to us. Unless an unimaginable miracle happens, this is over next game. Part of me is just ready for this to be over I’ve been too emotionally involved for a month now and I feel like I can’t do this anymore lol hehe
I get it. No doubt deep runs are emotional for the fans too. I think most outside fanbases are probably ready for this to be over and onto the offseason but I think a comeback to 7 would be fun to see.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
OMG the reaching here is epic! Let me get this straight. Vegas defends a six on four to ice the game, Panthers start crap after the horn because bad sports, and you want Pietro penalized for leaving the box AFTER THE GAME HAS ENDED?

Smh
I asked a legitimate question, you weirdo. I’m not even rooting for a team here. And I live in Vegas.

I promise you, not everyone in here is constantly being negative. Some people just want to make sure we know the rules and that the rules are applied evenly

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I asked a legitimate question, you weirdo. I’m not even rooting for a team here. And I live in Vegas.

I promise you, not everyone in here is constantly being negative. Some people just want to make sure we know the rules and that the rules are applied evenly
Since he didnt join the scrum per se, I don't think anyone in the NHL will see him as deserving of suspension under this rule.

To wit: the game had ended and it is customary to congregate at the net to grat the goalie and each other. He didnt skate in there guns blazing, he approached his net, where multiple Cats were being idiots, and tapped Barkov on the back of his shoulder and probably said something like "game's over, you're better than this." At any rate his actions made it clear that he was trying to help de-escalate. So class clown grabs him from behind, using his stick as a weapon to hold him in a headlock. I saw nothing indicating he was joining the scrum, he rather got dragged into it by Mr. Good Sport.

Sorry I kneejerked to your original question.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Since he didnt join the scrum per se, I don't think anyone in the NHL will see him as deserving of suspension under this rule.

To wit: the game had ended and it is customary to congregate at the net to grat the goalie and each other. He didnt skate in there guns blazing, he approached his net, where multiple Cats were being idiots, and tapped Barkov on the back of his shoulder and probably said something like "game's over, you're better than this." At any rate his actions made it clear that he was trying to help de-escalate. So class clown grabs him from behind, using his stick as a weapon to hold him in a headlock. I saw nothing indicating he was joining the scrum, he rather got dragged into it by Mr. Good Sport.

Agreed. Petro did nothing wrong.

Razamanaz

Oct 22, 2017
Northern Hemisphere.
West Ham United my all favourite team since 1980 and their underdog FA-win over Arsenal; actually just won the Conferce League Final over Italy-side Fiorentina just a couple days ago - and believie or not their (West Ham) first title i Europe since 1965(!).

Jönköping /Husqvarna West Ham-fans out in full force of course. At JKPG Harrys pub. Wednesday and all!

No gloryhunters around.

Remember.

And of course Finland that incl. their top dogs - Canada - with icehockey their top dogs now even seems to scare to meet Finland.
Finland with their real (Madrid!) heavy lot. That is.

No more and no less Finland then 13 Finland-players play in the Play Offs Finals NHL this year around.
Three Swedes ...

Come on Canada, just come on ...

Last edited:

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

Not only that but some of us like the rough and tumble aspect of hockey

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Agreed. Petro did nothing wrong.
Given multiple incidents in the last 10-15 seconds, Vegas as a unit was pretty restrained. Hill was pretty hot but I think that’s because of a Bennett leg sweep that took him down and which no one is talking about. Then Montour well after the whistle skates into a pile of nothing and turns it into something. At that point I suspect a Vegas player would have to have sone something egregious to get any substantial punishment.

Bennett and Tkachuk were the main pot stirrers there, and honestly Tkachuks multiple stick acts were pretty minor. I e seen Marchand get called for those on deserved reputation (think Jarry) but overall the worst of the stuff happened in the frantic 15 seconds when the goal wasn’t to be a pest rather it was to gain and advantage by hooking or tripping someone in tight quarters.

Last edited:
Reactions: CupInSIX

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
Vegas is playing their third string goalie against your 10 million a year, two-time Vezina winner. I really don't think you are in a position to complain about injuries.

What the heck does Bob’s salary compared to Hill’s has to do with the fact that Vegas has more depth and is healthier than us? We could have prime Hasek in net and those 2 facts would still hold the same weight over who’s in net for either team….. you make no sense.

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
I get it. No doubt deep runs are emotional for the fans too. I think most outside fanbases are probably ready for this to be over and onto the offseason but I think a comeback to 7 would be fun to see.

I mean, sure I’d be lying if I didn’t hope or wish we’d mount a comeback. But they’ve just been so disappointing these finals I’m just bummed out about being excited about hockey anymore

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
What the heck does Bob’s salary compared to Hill’s has to do with the fact that Vegas has more depth and is healthier than us? We could have prime Hasek in net and those 2 facts would still hold the same weight over who’s in net for either team….. you make no sense.
All of your top players are playing while Vegas is playing their third goalie. If you are going to play the "But they are banged up!" card, guess what? So is everyone at this stage of the playoffs.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas

Totally fine, man! I know this thread has been a cesspool. I also could have handled my response to you with less sass.

I was more or less equating it to coming off the bench and joining a scrum, and was curious if it was in fact analogous to that or different. I don’t personally think he should get any grief for it, was just wondering if it was a “controversial” play

Thanks for the follow up!

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I mean, sure I’d be lying if I didn’t hope or wish we’d mount a comeback. But they’ve just been so disappointing these finals I’m just bummed out about being excited about hockey anymore
It was an exciting run to and through the playoffs. Just Vegas' time. Fla should be proud to have gotten this far

Totally fine, man! I know this thread has been a cesspool. I also could have handled my response to you with less sass.

I was more or less equating it to coming off the bench and joining a scrum, and was curious if it was in fact analogous to that or different. I don’t personally think he should get any grief for it, was just wondering if it was a “controversial” play

Thanks for the follow up!
Group hug, C'mon, everybody bring it it!

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
All of your top players are playing while Vegas is playing their third goalie. If you are going to play the "But they are banged up!" card, guess what? So is everyone at this stage of the playoffs.

I know everyone’s banged up, but some more than others. Florida hasn’t had Eetu Luostarinen all series and he was an integral part of our team and Tkachuk shouldn’t even be dressed at this point he doesn’t even have an arm. So no you’re wrong. Plus I clearly didn’t use this as the card to justify why we’re losing or something which is what you seem to be insinuating. I clearly first and foremost acknowledged that Vegas has more depth than we do….so with that in mind, if you can’t see how just 1 injury to a third liner affects Florida more than it would to Vegas than there’s no point in talking with you

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Hockey is the greatest sport on earth for exactly this reason. A team who by all accounts is not very good, a non playoff team until they have one of the best months of any team this year and somehow through sheer luck are handed a playoff spot when another playoff team fails to defeat the last place team in the last game of the season.

They go on to look like one of the best teams of all time through the rest of the month beating 3 elite teams and making them look silly. And then all of a sudden, the magic dries up and they look mediocre and like the non playoff team they are.

The thing is Florida never looked like a total powerhouse to me. It was always relatively even games and then clutch goal at the end and goaltending.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
TBH as a HUGE fan of the game, I'm more looking forward to the draft, I'm so underwhelmed of this years SCF :confused:

Reactions: CupsOverCash

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
I know everyone’s banged up, but some more than others. Florida hasn’t had Eetu Luostarinen all series and he was an integral part of our team and Tkachuk shouldn’t even be dressed at this point he doesn’t even have an arm. So no you’re wrong. Plus I clearly didn’t use this as the card to justify why we’re losing or something which is what you seem to be insinuating. I clearly first and foremost acknowledged that Vegas has more depth than we do….so with that in mind, if you can’t see how just 1 injury to a third liner affects Florida more than it would to Vegas than there’s no point in talking with you

Barkov was dinged up before the series started too, but the Panthers tried to play physical against a bigger team who enjoy that kind of a game (even if they don't seek it out) and hitting back harder than they got hit, with the result that the Panthers have come out much the worse for wear by this point in the series.

Nobody is talking about it, but there was a real failure in the Panthers' coaching to recognize that the way to beat Vegas is with speed (Dallas games 4 and 5), and that trying to play an agitating physical game against Vegas was the single most assured way of bringing out Vegas' best game. Somebody's scouting report on the Knights was just completely in error. Not only did the Panthers lose the first two games badly, but they also got beat up pretty good in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad